watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

League games becoming less important.

Started by Whiteroom, April 05, 2010, 02:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

I was extremely pleased that we won the game today, it brightened my day. But, at the moment, the league games just don't feel quite as important as the European ones. I have felt like this for a number of weeks now. My excitement at this weekends game is totally dwarfed by how excited I am about the Wolfsburg game on thursday. My point is, if we can, we really want to have European football next season. I don't understand the people who are suggesting that the European football is a hinderance and that they wouldn't like again it next season. There are a number out there who have been saying this. You know who you are!

HatterDon

1. I haven't seen anybody on here saying that they don't want to be in Europe again next season.

2. I guess I'm just a greedy beee-yatch, but I want Fulham to win all their remaining matches -- league AND Europa. I don't understand when people say "Who would you rather beat Wigan or Wolfsburg" as if those are the only two options, and as if the team has to -- by design -- go out to win one and lose the other.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whiteroom

Fair point. I suppose what I am saying is how pleased I am to be in games like the Wolfsburg one. Roy himself did say that the league games were of lesser importance now and that he was giving priority to the FA cup, which we obviously lost, and the Europa league. You cant match the magic of a European match. If we don't have them next season they will be sorely missed. Their have been some people on here who think that a season away from Europe, to consolidate, would be good. I was astounded.

HatterDon

Mr. Whiteroom, you have no idea how jealous I am of those of you who have experienced European nights in person this season. Just watching from the pub here in Texas makes me want it again and again!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HatterDon on April 05, 2010, 02:02:12 PM
Mr. Whiteroom, you have no idea how jealous I am of those of you who have experienced European nights in person this season. Just watching from the pub here in Texas makes me want it again and again!

I sit fairly quietly in the Riverside but I can confirm that the atmosphere for the Europa League matches has been exceptional. Absolutely electric helped by the fact that the Putney End is full of Fulham supporters. Whether the performances create the atmosphere or vice versa or a bit of both I can't say but it has been unforgettable.

Lighthouse

Bread and Butter or a bit of Gateau. Not too much Gateau  now,  it is very expensive and will fill you up and make you feel a bit sick.

Prem is our bread and butter and without it we would not starve but feel a few hunger pangs. On the other hand I like a bit of cake but that is all it is. Nice treat but I can do without it. We haven't had Gateau before so it is a unique flavour to us. Worth remembering the taste but no substitute for bread and butter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whiteroom

Mr Lighthouse, I like your analogy, and I agree. Maybe some of the excitement comes from this being a new experience. I wonder if fans of the dark side appreciate being in Europe every year?

Hazey

I don't think they do at all.  I got a free ticket to Chelsea vs the Greek team earlier in Champs League and the atmosphere was dismal.  Not to mention the cheesey dude hosting, man he was SHOCKING at attempting an accent from each players home country as he read the names out.

Never again shall I enter that place, unless we are playing.

Quote from: Whiteroom on April 05, 2010, 04:07:58 PM
Mr Lighthouse, I like your analogy, and I agree. Maybe some of the excitement comes from this being a new experience. I wonder if fans of the dark side appreciate being in Europe every year?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club