watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR new stadium announcement

Started by HillingdonFFC, July 07, 2012, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Apparently our `friends` from the Bush set to make a big announcement about their stadium plans on monday. Supposed to be a 35-40,000 capacity multi use venue with a retracting roof somewhere in West London.I`ve been on their messageboards to see where they plan to build it ,BBC White City or the Dairy Crest site keep getting mentioned, now I`m pretty sure the DC site has already been sold off? and if the BBC intend to keep most of the Wood Lane offices are Rangers going to have the room?
I think if H&F reject the Riverside expansion things could get a little interesting for us .

White Noise

Yes, they are saying 3 sites being evaluated but no news as to which ones.

What should be done with The Loftadrome when they leave?

fulhamben

its all right saying they are looking at 3 sites but we had all this ourselves. one thing looking and another aquiring. if they do then they will never see a profit in tonys lifetime
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Admin

Let's be honest, they are trying to do something we tried to do a few years ago and it won't come off. They are going to announce they are are world wide brand, sign Park on Monday as a statement, maybe try and get a few tourists to buy season tickets, look at every site possible in West London, have some very swanky plans drawn up with bridges, retractable roofs etc then..

Come back down to earth with a massive bump as prices spiral over the £100 million quid mark. At the end of it, they will most possibly share with Brentford, revamp the Lofterdrome and do things steadily like we have for 10 years if they've not gone bust before that.

alfie

Quote from: Admin on July 07, 2012, 05:04:23 PM
Let's be honest, they are trying to do something we tried to do a few years ago and it won't come off. They are going to announce they are are world wide brand, sign Park on Monday as a statement, maybe try and get a few tourists to buy season tickets, look at every site possible in West London, have some very swanky plans drawn up with bridges, retractable roofs etc then..

Come back down to earth with a massive bump as prices spiral over the £100 million quid mark. At the end of it, they will most possibly share with Brentford, revamp the Lofterdrome and do things steadily like we have for 10 years if they've not gone bust before that.

Yep totally agree Admin.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

zzamora

Quote from: Admin on July 07, 2012, 05:04:23 PM

Very good post  :clap_hands:

Add to that the possible planning restrictions they're gonna run into... With all the extra people for concerts they want (which could be up to 50k) the local people could put up quite a fight, specially in the middle of west london.

I was talking to one QPR fan this morning (nice down to the ground one) and he admitted that if they're relegated in the middle of building it then QPR as a club are totally screwed.

AlFayedsChequebook

To build a stadium of that size which would also be used for other things, I do wonder if it might be in West London, but West, West London.

I wonder what QPR fans would say if they got the new stadium but it was near Heathrow...

fulhamben

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 07, 2012, 05:26:09 PM
To build a stadium of that size which would also be used for other things, I do wonder if it might be in West London, but West, West London.

I wonder what QPR fans would say if they got the new stadium but it was near Heathrow...
heathrow is not in london

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: fulhamben on July 07, 2012, 05:29:44 PM

Its inside the M25, so greater londonish.

I dont think it will be that far, my real point is what tradeoff would QPR fans make for a new stadium?

Fletchino

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 07, 2012, 05:34:28 PM

I dont think it will be that far, my real point is what tradeoff would QPR fans make for a new stadium?

Milton keynes still do not have a premier league team. lots of land around there , great central location for all the pop concerts

fulhamben

Quote from: FLETCHINO on July 07, 2012, 05:42:40 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 07, 2012, 05:34:28 PM

Milton keynes still do not have a premier league team. lots of land around there , great central location for all the pop concerts
thik joe kinnear is still trying to get one to dublin. and dont forget rangers newco are trying to buy a small club so they can get in the prem. doesnt get small than qpr

Oiseau

It's likely that if QPR are to find a suitable site for redevelopment, they may have to look outside of London as AFC said. In the long run this is quite good news for us as it could increase our 'catchment area' of fans. I'm not sure how QPR fans will take to the move, though. They could alternatively look into purchasing Stamford Bridge but I suspect that Abramovich would prefer to redevelop the site. He could make ridiculous amounts of money if he built residential property there, for instance. Just had a chat with Dad about the development and he thinks QPR might want to move either onto the White City estate or Old Oak Common. They could exchange land with the council. It has the potential to be an incredibly expensive project, though.

Aren't Brentford currently looking into redeveloping their ground as well? Hillingdon's right. I worry about what might happen to the Cottage if the planning proposal is rejected. It's likely that we'd have to move.

fulhamben

Quote from: Oiseau on July 07, 2012, 07:24:44 PM
It's likely that if QPR are to find a suitable site for redevelopment, they may have to look outside of London as AFC said. In the long run this is quite good news for us as it could increase our 'catchment area' of fans. I'm not sure how QPR fans will take to the move, though. They could alternatively look into purchasing Stamford Bridge but I suspect that Abramovich would prefer to redevelop the site. He could make ridiculous amounts of money if he built residential property there, for instance. Just had a chat with Dad about the development and he thinks QPR might want to move either onto the White City estate or Old Oak Common. They could exchange land with the council. It has the potential to be an incredibly expensive project, though.

Aren't Brentford currently looking into redeveloping their ground as well? Hillingdon's right. I worry about what might happen to the Cottage if the planning proposal is rejected. It's likely that we'd have to move.

no brentford are building a brand new stadium next to the swimming baths. near to kew bridge. think its all ready got the go ahead. think its something like a 12 to 15k all seaster

Burt

Details re the Brentford stadium - Lionel Road, 15k with the ability to increase to 20k.

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10421~2831681,00.html

HillingdonFFC

Apparently the BBC have submitted plans for more offices on their White City plot so reckon that could scupper Rangers plans, the Scrubs has been mentioned but that is designated as open space ,some reckon it may be some old disused railway land over at Old Oak Common. Had an interesting chat with someone yesterday who reckons they`ve looked at the Western International market land in Hayes, very close to Heathrow ,would tie in with Fernandes airline etc, also has pretty good links with the M4, A40. Would make a lot of sense as they have a very large following there and surrounding areas, wonder how their London fans, Acton, Shepherds Bush, Ladbroke Grove etc would feel about that?.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 08, 2012, 01:27:31 PM
Apparently the BBC have submitted plans for more offices on their White City plot so reckon that could scupper Rangers plans, the Scrubs has been mentioned but that is designated as open space ,some reckon it may be some old disused railway land over at Old Oak Common. Had an interesting chat with someone yesterday who reckons they`ve looked at the Western International market land in Hayes, very close to Heathrow ,would tie in with Fernandes airline etc, also has pretty good links with the M4, A40. Would make a lot of sense as they have a very large following there and surrounding areas, wonder how their London fans, Acton, Shepherds Bush, Ladbroke Grove etc would feel about that?.

I'd love it if they moved there, would be hilarious

zzamora

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 08, 2012, 01:46:21 PM

One team in Fulham....

And also, that would completely screw up their idea of having it used for gigs. No one wants to go to Hayes when you can just as well go the 02 or Wembley. I hope Fernandes is stupid enough to do this.

TheDon

the whole westway area is to be redeveloped from paddington to east acton inc the dairy crest and bbc site so maybe one of those.

Berserker

Quote from: ddeuce on July 08, 2012, 01:48:27 PM

One team in Fulham....

And also, that would completely screw up their idea of having it used for gigs. No one wants to go to Hayes when you can just as well go the 02 or Wembley. I hope Fernandes is stupid enough to do this.

Easier to get to Hayes rather than the O2 or Wembley for gigis if your coming along the M4 corridor. I tend to go to Birmingham Indorr Arena or LG rather than the O2 as it's much easier.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

zzamora

Quote from: Berserker on July 08, 2012, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on July 08, 2012, 01:48:27 PM

One team in Fulham....

Easier to get to Hayes rather than the O2 or Wembley for gigis if your coming along the M4 corridor. I tend to go to Birmingham Indorr Arena or LG rather than the O2 as it's much easier.

Yeah, but for people who live in London, getting to the 02 is much easier. And TBF, more people live in london than live on the edges.