watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

need help, true cost of ipod questions.

Started by jarv, July 07, 2012, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Recently I had cd case stolen from my car. About 30 cd's. Several Pink floyd, led zep, the who, and I admit to one George Michael and one M people cd. Now you have all stopped laughing, 064.gif (and wondering why the thief didn't bring them back) the question is.
Ipod,  how much? More important, can you download whole cd's? If so how much? I can't download individual songs cos I can't remember any of the names!! Are there any additional costs.
I was told the ipod is about $100 so if the songs cost a lot, I might as well go out and buy favourite cd's again.

They didn't get Supertramp cos it was in the player....pheew! fp.gif

Mr_Moon

'$' are you American? They're supposedly cheaper in the States but here you can buy second hand ones for around £60.

How many songs (or gigabytes if you're not that old) are you looking to put on an ipod? 30 cd's would possibly mean you could buy an ipod smaller in size.

jarv

Yes, I live in Usa, hence $$$, Probably want to store about 50 but if I find I like it might go for more.

Hamertime

If you don't mind/no how to download torrents, then of course an iPod or other mp3 player is the better choice. Its a no-brainer. CDs are a technology from a decade and a half ago. But you might be one of those 'have to pay for everything or my complex isn't clear' kind of guys, in which case it won't be cheap. But hell, downloading the music from the iTunes store will cost you as much as buying the CDs, plus its easier and more convenient.

manxman

Albums usually cost around £7-10 on itunes , not too bad i guess
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Berserker

In the UK you can lend CD's fron the library quite cheaply and then copy them, maybe you can do that in th US
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Berserker on July 07, 2012, 07:48:02 PM
In the UK you can lend CD's fron the library quite cheaply and then copy them, maybe you can do that in th US

My fiancee does that quite often, she goes to the library gets a few cds and she has all the latest music on her computer, not illegal and free.

Ipods are good but if you are just looking for something simple some of the sony s series are pretty good, they have built in speakers and are generaly cheaper for the same amount of space as an ipod. I swear they tack on an extra couple (insert currency here) just because it has an "i"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: andersons11 on July 07, 2012, 08:51:25 PM

My fiancee does that quite often, she goes to the library gets a few cds and she has all the latest music on her computer, not illegal and free.

Ipods are good but if you are just looking for something simple some of the sony s series are pretty good, they have built in speakers and are generaly cheaper for the same amount of space as an ipod. I swear they tack on an extra couple (insert currency here) just because it has an "i"
And it's the I prefix that indicates the true cost of ownership - a nagging worry that your self esteem has taken a hit, and your days of youthful non- conformity may be behind you.

sent from my iPad, with absolutely no sense of irony.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on July 07, 2012, 10:21:24 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on July 07, 2012, 08:51:25 PM

And it's the I prefix that indicates the true cost of ownership - a nagging worry that your self esteem has taken a hit, and your days of youthful non- conformity may be behind you.

sent from my iPad, with absolutely no sense of irony.

No irony involved at all...

Airfix

I use Spotify. I have access to most of the world's music at the touch of a virtual button. CDs? Old hat!

:008:

Burt

Quote from: Airfix on July 08, 2012, 12:02:42 AM
I use Spotify. I have access to most of the world's music at the touch of a virtual button. CDs? Old hat!

How would you rate Spotify compared to Napster Mr Airfix sir? Have been thinking of going down this route...

valdeingruo

Quote from: Burt on July 08, 2012, 02:10:32 AM

How would you rate Spotify compared to Napster Mr Airfix sir? Have been thinking of going down this route...

Its great, unless you arent connected to the internet

Airfix

Quote from: andersons11 on July 08, 2012, 02:48:58 AM
Quote from: Burt on July 08, 2012, 02:10:32 AM

Its great, unless you arent connected to the internet

I rate Spotify highly but can't compare it to any other service as I haven't used other services. Not sure about the Internet comment as you can download over 3,000 tracks to your device for use offline to up to three devices on one account.

Berserker

BTW do you know Burt if can you download the new Muse olympic song anywhere? I thougt you may of as you liked it

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Airfix

Quote from: Berserker on July 08, 2012, 08:19:24 AM
BTW do you know Burt if can you download the new Muse olympic song anywhere? I thougt you may of as you liked it

Just did that on Spotify, made available offline and will listen to it a few times on the Tube tomorrow.

Berserker

Quote from: Airfix on July 08, 2012, 09:12:49 AM

Just did that on Spotify, made available offline and will listen to it a few times on the Tube tomorrow.

Thanks Airfix, I've never used Spotify so will give it a go

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Airfix

Quote from: Berserker on July 08, 2012, 09:21:26 AM
Quote from: Airfix on July 08, 2012, 09:12:49 AM

Thanks Airfix, I've never used Spotify so will give it a go

Only downloadable for premium users though.

HatterDon

As the quality of studio recording improves by leaps and bounds, and while reproduction of this music has never been clearer and brighter, it makes me wonder why so many people are listening to this wonderful music through minute earbuds.

Kind of like watching a CGI-laden movie on your telephone.

These kids today; I just don't know.  092.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel