News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All this best Fulham team of the premiership stuff on the official....

Started by General, July 07, 2012, 06:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Made me wonder - we have had quite a lot of good players come through over the years - who would be your top team taking everything in to account?

------------------Schwarzer/Van Der Saar--------

Finnan ----- Hughes ----- Hangeland ---- Riise

---------------------- Diop ----------------------

Dempsey---Diarra/Dembele/Murphy ---Davies/Duff

-----------------------Saha----------------------

Midfield is the trickiest part...  How do you also decide between the harder positions? Van Der Sar and Schwarzer etc.

Bench would obviously include either Edwin or Mark dependent on favourites

in fact think I'm going to do some polls.

fulhamben

-------------------------------------------------edwin-------------------------------------------------------------------
finan---------------------------goma-------------------------brede----------------------------------------bonisel
steed/ dempsey-------------------------------------- diop--------------------------------------------------------boa
--------------------------------------------clark-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------saha-------------------mcbride--------------------------------------------------
that would be mine
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

zzamora

So far I've done this:

VDS

Volz (because I love him)  Hughes- Hangeland- Konchesky

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed- Murphy- Diop- Dempsey

and I will put Saha-McBride upfront.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I've already gone for;

Schwarzer
Finnan Hughes Hangeland Konchesky
Davies Murphy Dembele Dempsey

Konchesky because he was class in his last season helping us get to the Europa League final.

Davies, he was our player of the year in 07 (?) and scored vital goals en route to the EL final, inc the only goal scored by a Fulham player in a European final.

Dembele just because he is pure class, one of the best players on the ball I've seen in a Fulham shirt, been joy to watch all season.

Up front will be Saha and Erik Nevland. I loved the Viking, was better than AJ, would rather of had him last season than the crock.

Tomo

Schwarzer
Finnan
Hangeland
Coleman (my all time favourite player)
Riise

Boa Morte
Malbranque
Murphy
Dempsey

Peschisolido (spelling)
Saha
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Burt

Edwin

Finnan, Hangeland, Coleman, Riise

Boa, Steeeed, Murph, Dempey

Saha, McBride

Sheepskin Junior

Van der sar
Volz H&H Riise
Dempsey Dembele Murphy Duff
Saha McBride
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Terry Angus

peschisolido & coleman = good but didn't play in the premiership, did they? they wouldn't be in my 'last 25 yrs XI' anyway
personally i think mcbride is a legend but far from one of our best, technically

my premiership xi:

van der sar

finnan - hangeland - hughes - riise

malbranque - murphy - dembele - boa morte

ruiz -
        - saha

HatterDon

Quote from: ddeuce on July 07, 2012, 09:45:26 PM
So far I've done this:

VDS

Volz (because I love him)   Hughes- Hangeland- Konchesky

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed- Murphy- Diop- Dempsey

and I will put Saha-McBride upfront.

You're a good lad, sir!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Maidstone Lee

Van Der Sar/MS

Finnan
Goma/Hughes
Hangeland
Riise

Steed
Murphy
Dembele
Dempsey

Saha
McBride
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Tomo

Quote from: Terry Angus on July 08, 2012, 01:29:40 PM
peschisolido & coleman = good but didn't play in the premiership, did they? they wouldn't be in my 'last 25 yrs XI' anyway
personally i think mcbride is a legend but far from one of our best, technically

my premiership xi:

van der sar

finnan - hangeland - hughes - riise

malbranque - murphy - dembele - boa morte

ruiz -
        - saha

You are right sir, I therefore change Coleman for Hughes and Pesch for McBride. Thanks for the reminder!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

aussierod

Van Der Sar

Finnan - Hangerland - Goma - Riise

Malbranque - Murphy - Bullard - Boa Morte

Saha - Andy Cole

Bench
Schwarzer, Hughes, Volz, Baird, Diop, Dembele, Duff, Mcbride, Nevland

Some of these players left on bad terms (Steed, Saha, Bullard) but class players none-the-less. I don't know how I managed to leave him out but old Ahmed Elrich was a close one for me as well.....  oztralian

I would also like to say however that this is up there with our best ever squad of technically gifted players we've ever had (Tigana's early PL side would be close though I think)day , eg Ruiz, Dembele, Frei, Diarra. Gone are the Michael Brown, Mark Pembridge, Simon Elliott's etc of Fulham FC  :scarf:
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

HatterDon

Quote from: aussierod on July 09, 2012, 01:23:14 PM
Van Der Sar

Saha - Andy Cole

Bench

Some of these players left on bad terms (Steed, Saha, Bullard) but class players none-the-less. I don't know how I managed to leave him out but old Ahmed Elrich was a close one for me as well.....  oztralian

I would also like to say however that this is up there with our best ever squad of technically gifted players we've ever had (Tigana's early PL side would be close though I think)day , eg Ruiz, Dembele, Frei, Diarra. Gone are the Michael Brown, Mark Pembridge, Simon Elliott's etc of Fulham FC  :scarf:

Wow. Dempsey didn't even make the game day squad?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aussierod

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2012, 02:55:45 PM
Quote from: aussierod on July 09, 2012, 01:23:14 PM
Van Der Sar

Saha - Andy Cole

Bench

Wow. Dempsey didn't even make the game day squad?

Lol, that whole time I did that prior to posting I knew I was missing someone key but for the life of me could not figure out who it was.... A very obvious mess up there, I think I was looking to play him behind Saha who was up top on his own and then Andy Cole came into reckoning and I completely forgot about Demps. He is definitely in my best XI so cheers for the correction HD
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

ScalleysDad

Its strange how some things go full circle is'nt it. I remember both Diop and Boa taking some serious abuse for apparent laziness, a lack of urgency/passion and taking up space that other more 'gifted' players should be getting. The main critiscm of Diop was that for a man mountain he was a big girl much of the time and Boa often sulked for a full 90 minutes. Now both are in contention for a slot in the 'best of' team.
Ten years on or the 21st anniversary of prem football what next. Bullard, BZ and Etuhu in contention. Without wishing the years away I wonder who from this golden generation will be there or there abouts. I'm guessing a hatful of surprises.