more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey going?

Started by LukeJennings, July 08, 2012, 10:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 10, 2012, 06:08:36 PM
Been told Dempsey isn't going Liverpool but instead to Arsenal, but hey what do I know

I could live with that but isn't he a little old for Wenger  :dft012:

Prehaps Ramsey is part of the deal????

Mr Fulham

I don't want him to go to Pool because I don't like them and I don't want him to go to Arsenal because I don't want him to sit on the bench and be a bit-part-player.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 10, 2012, 05:53:28 PM
17m? No way. Absolutely no way.
Why? The 4th highest scorer in the Premier League not worth 17m ? Blimey, a midfielder (in general) at that! Some clubs have paid as much, if not more, for players who haven'matched that!

Basil

You can't pay £17 million for a player with little sell on value after a 4 year contract.
All this talk about where we want him go, surely we simply want him to the club that gives us most money to reivest in our squad be that Arsenal, Liverpool or whoever, sure the board will view it that well too naturally.

alfie

I view this in 1 way only, IF he does not want to sign a new contract then to me that means he does not want to stay at Fulham, and if that is the case then we get the best deal we can with whoever, we are never going to get much more than 6 or 7 mill for him at his age. He had a great season last time out but there are no guarantees that he will be able to do the same at another club, different support players different systems. I see no value in holding on to a player that does not want to be here. If he feels he can do the same at a bigger club then i wish him good bye and best of luck.

If not sign a new contract and stay where you know you are good.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 10, 2012, 06:23:38 PM
Why? The 4th highest scorer in the Premier League not worth 17m ? Blimey, a midfielder (in general) at that! Some clubs have paid as much, if not more, for players who haven'matched that!

Look at his contract length. 2013.

Juventus have offered Arsenal 12m for RVP, why would Fulham get 17m for Dempsey? Absolutely no way. We can be happy if we get 7m+.

HatterDon

Quote from: Basil on July 10, 2012, 06:28:08 PM
You can't pay £17 million for a player with little sell on value after a 4 year contract.
All this talk about where we want him go, surely we simply want him to the club that gives us most money to reivest in our squad be that Arsenal, Liverpool or whoever, sure the board will view it that well too naturally.

Basil, there are SOME clubs who buy a player without being concered about what they can get for him in 3 or 4 years. Instead these clubs buy a player because of what he can do for them during those 3 or 4 years. Just like some folks keep an eye on resale value when they buy a car or a house, and others just want the car and house they want.

I still don't think he's going to Liverpool, and I don't think he's worth 17m quid, but I think he'll be off -- and not too far away -- for at least 10m. If the board can't get more than that for him, best to keep him and see who's panicky in January.

alfie, I think that only Diarra has signed a contract extension this summer. Does that mean that everybody else in the team wants to leave Fulham? Does it mean that Jol WANTS them to leave? I'm sure that the club is working on several contract extensions, and I think one of them will be for Dempsey.

It's kind of funny how we'll reject one wild theory as tosh, and accept another just as wild as the God's honest truth.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Herbie

Man alive, all this speculation must be doing some heads in.

The way I look at it is Dempsey is currently a Fulham player and I expect to see him in August. If that changes before then, then so be it. Fulham will roll on with 28000 odd other people that are still involved with and love the club.

There's not much point in worrying about the what ifs; just deal with it if it happens, otherwise get on with looking forward.

I'm totally confident in the way that the club is being run and am actually quite excited about our future. We seem to be building a really solid base without throwing caution to the wind and risking our existence by gambling stupidly. The club will be fully aware who will be with us in August and if some are destined to leave, then I'm sure they have some replacements in mind and will deal with it discreetly and professionally. 

All players stop playing for a club eventually.  It's just the way football is.

leonffc

Quote from: Herbie on July 10, 2012, 08:43:19 PM
Man alive, all this speculation must be doing some heads in.

The way I look at it is Dempsey is currently a Fulham player and I expect to see him in August. If that changes before then, then so be it. Fulham will roll on with 28000 odd other people that are still involved with and love the club.

There's not much point in worrying about the what ifs; just deal with it if it happens, otherwise get on with looking forward.

I'm totally confident in the way that the club is being run and am actually quite excited about our future. We seem to be building a really solid base without throwing caution to the wind and risking our existence by gambling stupidly. The club will be fully aware who will be with us in August and if some are destined to leave, then I'm sure they have some replacements in mind and will deal with it discreetly and professionally. 

All players stop playing for a club eventually.  It's just the way football is.

:plus one:
A voice of reason.
Yes we'd all like to hold on to our best players and buy some more but fulham live in the real world. What will be will be. (if he does go to Liverpool I certainly wont cheer him next season on his return)

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 10, 2012, 08:03:09 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 10, 2012, 06:23:38 PM

Look at his contract length. 2013.

Juventus have offered Arsenal 12m for RVP, why would Fulham get 17m for Dempsey? Absolutely no way. We can be happy if we get 7m+.
They may have offered 12m but that doesn't mean it will be accepted. 17m may be sound a massive amount, taking age, length of contract, into consideration - but to us he's surely worth that and therefore keeping until matched?

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on July 11, 2012, 07:59:01 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2012, 08:32:05 PM

Basil, there are SOME clubs who buy a player without being concered about what they can get for him in 3 or 4 years. Instead these clubs buy a player because of what he can do for them during those 3 or 4 years. Just like some folks keep an eye on resale value when they buy a car or a house, and others just want the car and house they want.

I still don't think he's going to Liverpool, and I don't think he's worth 17m quid, but I think he'll be off -- and not too far away -- for at least 10m. If the board can't get more than that for him, best to keep him and see who's panicky in January.

alfie, I think that only Diarra has signed a contract extension this summer. Does that mean that everybody else in the team wants to leave Fulham? Does it mean that Jol WANTS them to leave? I'm sure that the club is working on several contract extensions, and I think one of them will be for Dempsey.

It's kind of funny how we'll reject one wild theory as tosh, and accept another just as wild as the God's honest truth.

HD i did say IF he does not want to sign....  and it is a big IF

thanks for the correction, Alfie. I think I was a bit too quick on the draw there.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on July 11, 2012, 06:15:24 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 11, 2012, 07:59:01 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2012, 08:32:05 PM

HD i did say IF he does not want to sign....  and it is a big IF

thanks for the correction, Alfie. I think I was a bit too quick on the draw there.

No probs matey :048:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BarryP

Quote from: JBH on July 11, 2012, 07:21:20 AM
Quote from: TWFL on July 10, 2012, 11:39:37 PM
According to Dave O'Brian Arsenal have 100% put in a bid for Dempsey for £8.2m. He also says that Liverpool haven't made any offer yet.

Edit: He even says that he's spoken to Demps' representatives who said the offer was accepted. The guy is a journalist for Ligue 1 and everything Arsenal by the looks of it and looks reasonably reliable

I hope they have Fulham's permission to speak to his representatives otherwise he has admitted they they are tapping up Dempsey!

Am I misreading or missing something?  Why would a journalist need permission to speak with Dempsey's representatives?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

tslyon

Not sure the validity of this.  It is a Blog after all, and an American one at that.  (nothing against my fellow countrymen, but...)  However, the content seems correct...

http://lfcboston.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/the-delightful-duo-meeting-john-and-linda-henry/