https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Day Back - photos from training this morning

Started by SKSW6, July 09, 2012, 02:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSW6

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/FirstDayBack.aspx

Few things I noticed:

- No Dempsey (are there any US internationals on?)
- Don't think I saw Schwarzer, could be due to internationals.
- Loads of pictures of Burn with the first team, as well as Donegan and Hoesen (?), and other youth who were involved last season in Frei, Kaca, Trotta, Kasami, Briggs.

twang

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 09, 2012, 02:39:06 PM

Few things I noticed:

- Loads of pictures of Burn with the first team, as well as Donegan and Hoesen (?), and other youth who were involved last season in Frei, Kaca, Trotta, Kasami, Briggs.

I think it's Alex Smith you are mistaking for Hoesen.

Mr_Moon

Presuming Dempsey is involved with USA then the American players aren't back from World Cup qualifiers.

YankeeJim

US has a friendly in Mexico on the 15th. I don't think the camp has opened as yet. Could be a bad sign or perhaps the team thought it pointless to bring him in for a day or two amd then be off to play the Mexicants.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mr Fulham

The USMNT were active during the player's holidays so I presume he was granted a few days more to rest.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: twang on July 09, 2012, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 09, 2012, 02:39:06 PM

Few things I noticed:

I think it's Alex Smith you are mistaking for Hoesen.

Hoesen's there as well...

player on the far right (#33) is definitely Hoesen.

tommyffc

Can't believe that Halliche is still there. Unbelievable that he's still on our books.

General

notable absentees are Duff, Dempsey, Ruiz, Schwarzer, Senderos and potentially Grygera...

Still need to make quite a few solid signings - couldn't help but think Petric would be looking around going - woops , wrong move! There's hardly anyone in the photo's who's senior, or at least it seems that way in comparison to the amount of young players.

Dan Burn looks like a beast.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: YankeeJim on July 09, 2012, 02:52:12 PM
US has a friendly in Mexico on the 15th. I don't think the camp has opened as yet. Could be a bad sign or perhaps the team thought it pointless to bring him in for a day or two amd then be off to play the Mexicants.

That U.S friendly is on Aug. 15.

Dempsey doesn't have to report as early as he's been granted extra rest from his U.S. committments in early June.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

sunburywhite

Helloooo
It says it all on the web page just above the pictures

New signings Mladen Petric and Sascha Riether got to know their Fulham team mates for the first time, although there was no Clint Dempsey, Mark Schwarzer or Damien Duff as the trio have been allowed additional rest days following their international commitments over the summer.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 09, 2012, 04:49:44 PM
Helloooo

New signings Mladen Petric and Sascha Riether got to know their Fulham team mates for the first time, although there was no Clint Dempsey, Mark Schwarzer or Damien Duff as the trio have been allowed additional rest days following their international commitments over the summer.

Interesting that Kelly is not mentioned....

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 09, 2012, 04:57:45 PM
Helloooo

Kelly didn't get a minute in EURO2012, whereas Duff started. Dempsey and Schwarzer were ever-present in their WC qualifiers.

I believe Dempsey is in North Carolina with his wife and in-laws.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2012, 05:19:12 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 09, 2012, 04:57:45 PM
Helloooo

Kelly didn't get a minute in EURO2012, whereas Duff started. Dempsey and Schwarzer were ever-present in their WC qualifiers.

I believe Dempsey is in North Carolina with his wife and in-laws.

Yes, just strange that he is neither back already or mentioned as not being there due to international commitments.

Plus no announcement of a new contract