watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Okaka status

Started by HatterDon, April 05, 2010, 02:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Yes, I know that he can't travel to Wolfsburg, but I didn't see anything in the papers about why he went off and whether or not he'll be available on Sunday.

Any news?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Brede Butter Pudding

When scoring his goal yesterday, basically 2 mins after coming on, he twisted his ankle and that gave him some discomfort throughout the second half. His pain was compounded when he went on a run and fell on it awkwardly again. By the end he couldn't continue so got subbed off for Nevland. Woy said pretty much the same and that they were assessing its severity. However, I'm pretty sure he'll be back for Sunday, he's quality IMO.

RidgeRider

He was limping pretty good coming off yesterday. The ONLY thing that worries me about Okaka, is his fitness. He is a little lumpy. Roy has the body fat % down on just about everyone on the team. Okaka looks like he spends too much time at McDonalds. If he sticks with us, look to see him come into next season with a leaner body. He is carrying 15 pounds he doesn't need which is usually a sign of a young player with loads of talent but lacks discipline. May not be the case at all but........I am just saying.

alfie

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 05, 2010, 03:11:53 PM
He was limping pretty good coming off yesterday. The ONLY thing that worries me about Okaka, is his fitness. He is a little lumpy. Roy has the body fat % down on just about everyone on the team. Okaka looks like he spends too much time at McDonalds. If he sticks with us, look to see him come into next season with a leaner body. He is carrying 15 pounds he doesn't need which is usually a sign of a young player with loads of talent but lacks discipline. May not be the case at all but........I am just saying.

Although Okaka looks a tad overweight he has good a damm good turn of speed when he gets going, i hope he is not one of those players that just does enough in training, there is a pretty good fitness team at Fulham and they will work on him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

thanks for the updates

@ Brede Butter Pudding -- that's pretty much what I saw. I just didn't hear what Roy said. I appreciate that, and I agree with your assessment of Okaka. I think he gives us a dimension we don't have. I like him in the old Nevland role. I think he can get us a late goal or two.

@ RidgeRider -- Okaka? Lumpy? Kid looks pretty fit to me, of course we was wrapped up like a Christmas turkey. If he features @ Newcastle or Sunderland in January next season, he'll probably wear a parka and mukluks.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel