watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Junior Hoilett

Started by Jambo, July 10, 2012, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

That £4 million is just like a transfer fee that goes to Blackburn.

Walsh

Quote from: london irish on July 10, 2012, 07:58:20 PM
Would loved to have seen him at the cottage....probably out of our price range....looks like hughes has signed another decent player. :014:

"another decent player" who was the first decent player?

HatterDon

Quote from: SP on July 21, 2012, 10:21:03 PM
Potentially great player but can't help feeling he won't be very motivated by joining one the the leagues lesser clubs.   I read somewhere a training fee of £4m would be required as he's under 24?  If that's the case it's a huge investment with a 3 year contract. 

They're a considerable number of steps up from where he was playing.

As for "potentially great," I think he's twice the footballer Rodallega is [man, I butchered that spelling]
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Terry Angus

Quote from: HatterDon on July 22, 2012, 05:47:37 AM
Quote from: SP on July 21, 2012, 10:21:03 PM
Potentially great player but can't help feeling he won't be very motivated by joining one the the leagues lesser clubs.   I read somewhere a training fee of £4m would be required as he's under 24?  If that's the case it's a huge investment with a 3 year contract. 

They're a considerable number of steps up from where he was playing.

As for "potentially great," I think he's twice the footballer Rodallega is [man, I butchered that spelling]

i don't agree with the rodallega comparison but it's fair to say that if hoilett could motivate himself playing in blackburn (a grim northern town) in their (unsuccessful) relegation scrap in front of those fans (booing their own manager every week), then QPR will seem like real madrid to him. plus they're probably doubling his wages. that should motivate him

Matt Inglis

The speculation of 80k a week is frankly ridiculous.
I've heard from the majority of people that know the ins and outs of the club that he will be on something around 50k a week. But I certainly agree with what was said above that clubs do not like to disclose how much they are paying players. Therefore, although 50k sounds more realistic, it still cannot be treated as truth.
Personally, I don't think he's worth 50k a week. But then what do I know.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

MasterHaynes

Well if only a nominal fee is paid to Blackburn for development then paying out high wages evens the whole package it out and is better for a clubs cashflow as the low fee/wages get paid out over a longer period of time. Hate to say it, but along with Onuha this now makes two good young signings I would liked to have seen at FFC. Unless Hughes makes a mess of it they will be safe next season.