watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Junior Hoilett

Started by Jambo, July 10, 2012, 07:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Now I'm not happy.  Looks like being the first payer QPR will sign this summer that I would have loved at Fulham.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Burt

I hope this doesn't come to pass.

Would have liked to see him here.

london irish

Would loved to have seen him at the cottage....probably out of our price range....looks like hughes has signed another decent player. :014:

AlFayedsChequebook

£80k a week.

Not worth anywhere near that.

Good player, good signing for QPR but talk about risk - completely unsustainable on gates of 15,000

cottage cheese

its going to be a long long summer if we carry on this way

london irish

£80k!!!!!! wow........how are they doing  it????.....

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 10, 2012, 08:01:22 PM
£80k a week.

Good player, good signing for QPR but talk about risk - completely unsustainable on gates of 15,000

My arse, these are twitter rumours....don't treat them like facts.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 10, 2012, 08:04:17 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 10, 2012, 08:01:22 PM
£80k a week.

My arse, these are twitter rumours....don't treat them like facts.

Well, the stuff about Hoilett is twitter based too. So.....

london irish

what is our wage cap? £40k a week?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: london irish on July 10, 2012, 08:07:00 PM
what is our wage cap? £40k a week?

no official wage cap in place, but BZ was on 50k apparently.

london irish

we obviously have to sell before we buy.....we must have a very limited transfer budget :016:

MJG

Quote from: london irish on July 10, 2012, 08:18:17 PM
we obviously have to sell before we buy.....we must have a very limited transfer budget :016:
No just possibly the ablity to run a club well without bankrupting it.

london irish

HatterDon

Not doubting the veracity of these weekly wages that keep being bandied about, but don't most -- if not all -- clubs keep the salaries of their players secret? There's no sense going nuts about Junior going for X amount of weekly salary when NO CLUB is going to publicly announce how much a new signee is being paid.

If Hoilett does go to Loftus Road, then -- considering who else they've signed since January -- I think we'd better be prepared for Rangers to have a long run in the Prem, and to finish above us on a regular basis. At least until they go bankrupt.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2012, 08:36:40 PM
Not doubting the veracity of these weekly wages that keep being bandied about, but don't most -- if not all -- clubs keep the salaries of their players secret? There's no sense going nuts about Junior going for X amount of weekly salary when NO CLUB is going to publicly announce how much a new signee is being paid.

If Hoilett does go to Loftus Road, then -- considering who else they've signed since January -- I think we'd better be prepared for Rangers to have a long run in the Prem, and to finish above us on a regular basis. At least until they go bankrupt.
:plus one: Well said, Don.

Herbie

It really feels like QPR are going all or nothing.  As mentioned, their wages are unsustainable with the set up that they have.  As soon as it starts to unravel, it could collapse very quickly.  Leeds springs to mind; risked it all for a stint in the Champions League and ended up paying the price.  Looks like lessons may repeat themselves.

AlFayedsChequebook

I agree with most of that. No one has a true idea about the wages, although whilst clubs will want to keep it a secret, agents will do their best to publicise every bit of the deal. In all likelihood, Hoilett wont be on £80k a week. However, in joining QPR he will be turning down the opportunity to play CL football and presumably very favourable wages (they are spending money - Luuk De Jong for example). It would not be a huge leap to suggest that money may be a significant factor in his joining QPR, so the wages will have to be competing with a CL team (albeit one in the much more sensible Bundesliga). I know Gladbach are not a huge club but still, they would not be signing him on peanuts.

As for Rangers signings, they have been pretty impressive. Diakite seems like good business and Cisse has banged in the goals. Park Ji Sung is a good player for a team looking to solidfy and Hoilett would add some pace and trickery. Add to that a good manager and they will no doubt do pretty well next season.

What I dont get is the duality when it comes to discussing Fulham and QPR. It seems, when discussing QPR, that there is a more positive vibe around their latest moves - new stadium, signings, manager - and a new assumption that they will now be finishing above us regularly. However no one has mentioned the fact that realistically the most they can hope for is to become like us - a solid mid table prem team looking to get into Europe every other season. We might slide backwards next season but QPR are spending a lot of money to become Fulham and are not guaranteed to succeed.

The attitude to their new stadium is also interesting - yet we have been here before. MAF spent lots of time and money looking into moving Fulham somewhere in West London, but the available places that were economically viable did not exist. There is lots of talk and bravado about a 45,000 seater stadium but no plans as of yet or anything being agreed. And then once the stadium is built there is the question of the finance - Southampton and Darlington and Oxford are all good examples of this.

Next season QPR will probably do well. They may even finish above us and lord it over us, talking about ambition and other examples of euphamistic genital measurement. Would I like to sign some of the players they have picked up? Yes, very much so, but I think Fulham are doing things the right way - youth, sustainable growth and sensible investment. It will be interesting to see what happens, but the way things currently stand, my money would be on Fulham having the last laugh.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 10, 2012, 09:45:34 PM

I agree with most of that. No one has a true idea about the wages, although whilst clubs will want to keep it a secret, agents will do their best to publicise every bit of the deal. In all likelihood, Hoilett wont be on £80k a week. However, in joining QPR he will be turning down the opportunity to play CL football and presumably very favourable wages (they are spending money - Luuk De Jong for example). It would not be a huge leap to suggest that money may be a significant factor in his joining QPR, so the wages will have to be competing with a CL team (albeit one in the much more sensible Bundesliga). I know Gladbach are not a huge club but still, they would not be signing him on peanuts.

As for Rangers signings, they have been pretty impressive. Diakite seems like good business and Cisse has banged in the goals. Park Ji Sung is a good player for a team looking to solidfy and Hoilett would add some pace and trickery. Add to that a good manager and they will no doubt do pretty well next season.

What I dont get is the duality when it comes to discussing Fulham and QPR. It seems, when discussing QPR, that there is a more positive vibe around their latest moves - new stadium, signings, manager - and a new assumption that they will now be finishing above us regularly. However no one has mentioned the fact that realistically the most they can hope for is to become like us - a solid mid table prem team looking to get into Europe every other season. We might slide backwards next season but QPR are spending a lot of money to become Fulham and are not guaranteed to succeed.

The attitude to their new stadium is also interesting - yet we have been here before. MAF spent lots of time and money looking into moving Fulham somewhere in West London, but the available places that were economically viable did not exist. There is lots of talk and bravado about a 45,000 seater stadium but no plans as of yet or anything being agreed. And then once the stadium is built there is the question of the finance - Southampton and Darlington and Oxford are all good examples of this.

Next season QPR will probably do well. They may even finish above us and lord it over us, talking about ambition and other examples of euphamistic genital measurement. Would I like to sign some of the players they have picked up? Yes, very much so, but I think Fulham are doing things the right way - youth, sustainable growth and sensible investment. It will be interesting to see what happens, but the way things currently stand, my money would be on Fulham having the last laugh.

Well, I agree with ALL of your post.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aussierod

Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2012, 09:51:39 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 10, 2012, 09:45:34 PM

Well, I agree with ALL of your post.

As do I, 100% agree with all of that poat.

Lets not forget our own ambitions 10+ years ago to become the Manchester United of the South, signing Marlet, Malbranque, Van Der Sar etc. We had massive ambitions, not least to build a new stadium. After this got rejected we then turned into a selling club, and now a sustainable club which I'm proud we now are. Fernandes may have deeper pockets than MAF (I don't actually know or care to be honest) but he can't sustain them without a new stadium forever and thats the clincher, can they sustain a PL team there at Loftus Rd over the next 5yrs whilst a new one gets approval and built? Signings like Park, may if nothing else on the pitch, just help commercial revenues for a few seasons.

I still don't think they've got a better squad than us, but unfortunately it seems the money is certainly there to try
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

SP

Potentially great player but can't help feeling he won't be very motivated by joining one the the leagues lesser clubs.  I read somewhere a training fee of £4m would be required as he's under 24?  If that's the case it's a huge investment with a 3 year contract.