watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else worried?

Started by BlaWhiArmyyyyyy, July 10, 2012, 08:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

The current lack of transfer dealings coming into Fulham but the huge upheaval of players going out? Yes im sure we have/had a plan but I honestly fear that if we are going to be putting our trust into players like Trotta, Kaca, Frei then we are going to be heading one way and fast! Yes theyre good players but theyre not ready yet.

Each target we seem to be going for we seem to miss out. Elia, Yilmaz, Rhodes, Kadlec?, Narsingh, Assaidi, Buttner, Sivok, Ramsey etc (big list of players we have gone for/shown interest). We cant seem to be able to land any players and i am now beginning to worry. Yes its early doors, but the lack of movement early on will only see prices start to rise towards the end of the window and we will be out priced for most targets.

With Dempsey looking very likely to leave and rumours about potential bids for Dembele, i am beginning to feel that we are being ripped to shreds and are going to plan a massive gamble this season. At the present things look really bad for us and i do fear for us. I personally dont want this season to come as i feel it could be a bad one!

I know im probably being overly pessimistic but just as we watch every other team make moves and keep hold of their stars im watching my team release good squad players and lose first team players with no indication or sniff of a replacement lined up. Danny Murphy leaving at this current time makes us look stupid. He would still be the first name on the team sheet for me as we havent replaced him or even got near to!

I hope im wrong but right now i only see pure negatives and no positives at all!!  :bang head:093.gif 090.gif

SouthfieldWhite

How do you know we have gone for these players or shown an interest in them, most is paper talk and most of our signings are the come out the blue signings that no ones mentioned

Keep the faith stay positive and take a chill pill

Mr Fulham

Huge upheaval?

Pog, Orlando Sa, Murphy, AJ. Not that much, really.

HatterDon

just because the newspapers and Twitter says we're after players who wound up going somewhere else doesn't mean that it's true. I'm sure that Jol and the board are after some players and, before all is done and dusted, we'll sign some of them. I think that there'll be more purchases once  Dempsey and/or Dembele are sold. They're the two players we can get the most out of transfer cash wise, and it's obvious that we're a "must sell before we can buy" club.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Whos replacing Murphy? Dembele who could be off the minute a big club bids or Diarra whos a ball winner?

Dempsey looks set to go. We can kid ourselves but hes going to walk. We will not replace the goals. Pog, Zamora, AJ....Petric in. Thats depressing.

Jambo

I'm kinda in the same place as you, don't want to panic but the quite large list of players that we have been linked with have began to be signed up (add Hoilett and Rodallega to your list).

I'm comfortable now because I do believe we will of course sign a couple of players BUT if as expected Dempsey and Dembele go (which they will if they don't sign a contract, FFC will not let them walk for free) then I will worry as you lose your genuine match winners and they hard to replace.  V. happy with Petric and I can't claim to know to much about ze German but as a squad I still would like to see 3 players that would be considered starting players.  If D&D go then its 5..... and thats to many.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: HatterDon on July 10, 2012, 08:44:03 PM
just because the newspapers and Twitter says we're after players who wound up going somewhere else doesn't mean that it's true. I'm sure that Jol and the board are after some players and, before all is done and dusted, we'll sign some of them. I think that there'll be more purchases once  Dempsey and/or Dembele are sold. They're the two players we can get the most out of transfer cash wise, and it's obvious that we're a "must sell before we can buy" club.

I agree with alot of what you have said but do you think if we lose Dembele, Dempsey and Murphy all in the same window we will get the right replacements that'll be effective? Thats whats worrying me. Cant name many clubs that lose their stars and still perform half aswell the following season.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: Jambo on July 10, 2012, 08:47:59 PM
I'm kinda in the same place as you, don't want to panic but the quite large list of players that we have been linked with have began to be signed up (add Hoilett and Rodallega to your list).

I'm comfortable now because I do believe we will of course sign a couple of players BUT if as expected Dempsey and Dembele go (which they will if they don't sign a contract, FFC will not let them walk for free) then I will worry as you lose your genuine match winners and they hard to replace.  V. happy with Petric and I can't claim to know to much about ze German but as a squad I still would like to see 3 players that would be considered starting players.  If D&D go then its 5..... and thats to many.

My points exactly. I dont want to worry but when i think of life without D+D its bleak and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Mr_Moon

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 10, 2012, 08:50:14 PM
IT'S 10TH JULY, GET A GRIP

5 weeks to blend in about 5 new players....think i have cause to be concerned. How long has it taken Ruiz? How long did it take Riise to readjust? With Fulham nothing clicks straight away.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Mr_Moon

You do realise we've made more signings than 9 other Prem clubs and as many as 5 others.

The majority of signings have either been huge money moves or bosmans. Unfortunately we're not at the front of the pile when it comes to the domino effect of transfers, so you're going to have to wait.

I'm so worried that we might have another appalling season and finish top half again.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Ive never once criticised Jol and i have full faith in him, wanted him over Hughes. So the comment about another awful season under him is irrelevant to me and what im saying.

Im just worried that the board may be cutting back abit or just that we can no longer compete wage wise with majority of the league.

Mr_Moon

As I said, it's 10th July.

Go get laid, read a book, fly a kit or something. People get cranky when there's no football on, it's not worth worrying about.

We will be fine.

Herbie

What's wrong with building from within like the good old days?

I'm much happier to see us investing in the youth side of the game, it's so much more sustainable.

Who knows, we might uncover another Haynes who feels committed to the club that gave him his break and sticks with us through thick and thin?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Herbie on July 10, 2012, 09:16:36 PM
What's wrong with building from within like the good old days?

I'm much happier to see us investing in the youth side of the game, it's so much more sustainable.

Who knows, we might uncover another Haynes who feels committed to the club that gave him his break and sticks with us through thick and thin?
No problem at all with this.....
Except, we have to stay in this league now - we don't have time to wait for them to be ready in 2 - 3 yrs time.

Berserker

Be strong.

Anyway don't think Fulham will let both Dembele and Dempsey go. Think it will be Clint personally but could be wrong
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

valdeingruo

I personally think we would do well even with the current squad. We wouldnt get relegated thats for sure. Fulham have always been quiet on the transfer side and the rest is a bunch of made up stories in the papers.

I will only worry if its 1201am after the window is closed and nothing has changed.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Rupert

I'm so pleased to see this thread appear, eight days into the transfer window, we haven't spent money we haven't got, and yet nobody was starting to panic? Preposterous!

Fortunately, my faith in football fans has now been restored, and the knowledge that somebody else is worrying needlessly means that the rest of us don't have to, so we can all sleep easily tonight.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

:023:
Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on July 10, 2012, 08:36:54 PM
Each target we seem to be going for we seem to miss out. Elia, Yilmaz, Rhodes, Kadlec?, Narsingh, Assaidi, Buttner, Sivok, Ramsey etc (big list of players we have gone for/shown interest). We cant seem to be able to land any players 

We have been linked with almost every player that can draw breath ......even the one legged ones.   So we do not REALLY know what we missed out on any of the players listed.  Maybe Ramsey loan is linked with the sale of Demps , but then the Arse supporter I know  say that Ramsey is even more effed up in the head than David Bentley.
The Agents link their players to clubs to drum up interest in their players 
...........................well,  that is what I tell myself when I get worried, just like you