watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has the Carroll story got legs?

Started by mr-ska, July 11, 2012, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9393684/Liverpools-Andy-Carroll-interests-Fulham-Aston-Villa-and-West-Ham-United.html
Fulham, Aston Villa and West Ham United are vying to sign Andy Carroll from Liverpool with AC Milan's interest in the £35 million striker expected to be increased if Zlatan Ibrahimovic is sold to Paris Saint-Germain.

Target man: Liverpool's Andy Carroll - here scoring against Sweden - is being touted around  Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Jason Burt
9:17PM BST 11 Jul 2012Comment
At present, Fulham are the only club prepared to make an offer to buy - rather than loan - Carroll, with Liverpool having already decided to contact clubs to see if they are interested in signing the England international.
It had been thought that Liverpool were seeking a loan for Carroll, whose future has been publicly questioned by new manager Brendan Rodgers, but it is understood they are interested in a sale. That would, as things stand, make Fulham the favourites if the player can be persuaded to leave.
West Ham chairman David Sullivan is due to meet Carroll's agent, Mark Curtis, on Thursday but sources at the newly-promoted Premier League club still rate the chances of success at little more than "10 per cent".
Nevertheless West Ham are keen to make a 'marquee' signing and will continue to push for Carroll. Even if the 23 year-old did go out only on loan, it would be an expensive deal with Liverpool expected to demand a big loan fee and a high portion, if not all, of his wages being covered.
Fulham want to acquire a powerful striker having missed out on Russia international Pavel Pogrebnyak, who was on loan last season but has since agreed a permanent deal with Reading. With Fulham having sold Bobby Zamora to Queens Park Rangers in January and Andy Johnson leaving to join the same club this summer, they are short of strikers.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Newcastle to Liverpool and to Euro 2012 and then to....

Fulham!

I don't think so

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

DevonFFC

TWFL

Think it's just his agent touting him around, can't see us going after another similar sort of player to BZ and Pog, I just don't think that is what Jol wants out of his front man.

leonffc

He's a massive tower of shite. I hope not.

Lighthouse

He is an ideal target player if Jol wants one. Other than the wages, the fee, Jols team set up, he would be ideal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy_M

At the right price and with the wingers we've been linked with I'd snap him up. With the right service he could be great. Showed how good he is in the air at the Euro's
@got_maile

Jambo

I'd have him in a second.  Any deal though will undoubtedly involve Dempsey
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

ron

Quote from: TWFL on July 11, 2012, 10:19:35 PM
Think it's just his agent touting him around, can't see us going after another similar sort of player to BZ and Pog, I just don't think that is what Jol wants out of his front man.

Have to say I agree that we might well be inviting the a re-run of the worst parts of the BZ saga. I don't think Carroll is a good fit for Fulham anyway...without even mentioning the Monopoly money amounts that have surrounded him so far.

And would Dempsey want to go there??

Herbie

Sounds like typical Silly Season journalism to me; Liverpool "want" Dempsey, Dempsey wants CL football and so Liverpool is the obvious (!) choice , Rodgers comes out saying Carroll can go out on loan, therefore Fulham must be interested in Carroll and a swap deal is on the cards

SmithyFFC

Doubt it, surely Liverpool would want 15-20 million for him? Would take him in an instant in a swap for Clint, never gonna happen though, unfortunatley.
FTID

fulham traveller

total crap not even in the betting for andy

The Rock

Clint + 10mm. Probably not gonna happen.

Bassey the warrior

He'd fit in nicely at West Ham. We're looking for someone with more technical ability I'd have thought. Pogrebnyak may not be as good as him in the air but he was better than him with the ball at his feet. Zamora is better with his feet too.
I've heard that the AC Milan interest is not true.

Mr Fulham

LOL, Moose..

Pog was AWFUL with the ball at his feet. Technically, Carroll is twice the player Pog is.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 12, 2012, 01:55:59 AM
LOL, Moose..

Pog was AWFUL with the ball at his feet. Technically, Carroll is twice the player Pog is.

Have another look at his goal against QPR...

leonffc

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 12, 2012, 06:34:43 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 12, 2012, 01:55:59 AMLOL, Moose..

Have a look at some of Zamoras goals. I know his attitude wasnt always right but I'd say that technically, Zamora is better than both of them with the ball at his feet. He certainly had a better first touch. As I said on another thread yesterday, people said Zamora couldn't fit into Jols 433 formation. Why would Carroll?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 12, 2012, 06:34:43 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 12, 2012, 01:55:59 AM
LOL, Moose..

that was a great finish but yeah I think Mr Fulham to referring to his build up play and general hold up play which wasn't very good. Pog is a good poacher but what else does he offer?