watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talk sport mocking our training ground

Started by DevonFFC, July 11, 2012, 10:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Just caught abit of a show on talk sport talking about spuds new training facilities and they openly mocked ours and west hams training facilities.... I though ours are state of the art.
Has any one ever been to motspur park and had a look about???

Berserker

Some of us went to Motspur park on an FOF outing. I thought it was good, althought I've never been to any others so some of the chaps on the visit could give you their opinion.  I think the favourite item was the Fulham FC pool table though!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fernhurst

Absolutley top hole ... Maf purchased from The Bank of England.

Talk shite more like.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SouthfieldWhite

I bet no one from talk shite has been all round our training ground, although it may not be a brand new state of the art training grounds, it's certainly one of the best I've been to and I've been to a few

I was recently at Bristol city's training ground and if I was a potential new signing for either club, there would only be one choice, a lot are quite open windy spaces where Motspur park is lush , I've been to Motspur park many many times and I still get that buzz about the place every time I go in there

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 11, 2012, 10:07:41 PM

Talk shite more like.

Not B of E but ULU and to be honest is second tier for Premership...

leonffc

Spurs have just built a state of the art all singing all dancing training complex off the A10 just inside the M25. Maybe thats what they were getting at rather than mocking Motspur??

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on July 11, 2012, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on July 11, 2012, 10:07:41 PM

Talk shite more like.

Not B of E but ULU and to be honest is second tier for Premership...

Like I said been to quite a few including Chelsea's, and I still say give me Motspur park over Cobham any day, bigger is not always better

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

There is no permanent indoor / covered training area
the gym is in a portacabin (without planning permission)
Only one pitch is to a spec anywhere near the Cottage pitch
No under soil heating
Sits in a floodplain with bottom pitches lost to heavy rain
the Rookery is listed and ground spans two councils making it very hard to get planning permission for development

Far from ideal...

Herbie

So what did they say about it? It's obviously good enough for out academy to continue to develop and improve.

SmithyFFC

I stopped listening to TalkSport about two years ago because of absolute rubbish like this, just turn it off!
FTID

tommy

They didn't say anything specific about it. Just said ours and wet spams are the worst in london. But they where comparing it to spuds, which is 12 outdoor pitches, 2 indoor and loads of state of the art equipment. They didnt go into details about ours. It seas the fat moose bloke that said it.

EJL

I don't think it's bad - I agree that it's not top of the pile though.

leonffc

Quote from: tommy on July 11, 2012, 11:35:45 PM
They didn't say anything specific about it. Just said ours and wet spams are the worst in london. But they where comparing it to spuds, which is 12 outdoor pitches, 2 indoor and loads of state of the art equipment. They didnt go into details about ours. It seas the fat moose bloke that said it.

And Moose is a West Ham fan so he's slagging off his own team as well as ours. Big deal.
He was probably discussing why Andy Carroll would join us or them over Spurs, although I didn't hear so can only presume.

MJG

Interesting the comment about only one pitch the spec of the cottage. Im convinced that one of the reasons we struggle with crap corners is that our players don't train taking them on the cottage pitch.
Our corner areas are quite difficult with them being restricted in space and also with slopes. It should become second nature for our players to take corners at the cottage but even Murphy never looked sure about his run up.
Any decent club would have a 100% replica of their home pitch at a training ground. No excuse not to.

zzamora

Quote from: leonffc on July 12, 2012, 08:11:00 AM

And Moose is a West Ham fan so he's slagging off his own team as well as ours. Big deal.
He was probably discussing why Andy Carroll would join us or them over Spurs, although I didn't hear so can only presume.

This is the same "Moose" that a few weeks ago claimed that Moyes was in talks with Spurs as he was writing.

The everton communications director than tweeted him saying you know thats a lie, delete this and apologize or I will sue.

he then apologized.

What a twit.

MasterHaynes

Its quite good but really has not changed all that much over the years. Its falls a good way short of Arsenals at London Colney although they get far more injuries and take longer to get players back than we do so they obviously don't use the facilities that well.

I thought we had put in a planning application to build two new buildings. I was assuming this was to replace the portacabins and build us a state of the art Gym and physio centre

NorthernWhite

Quote from: ddeuce on July 12, 2012, 08:42:38 AM

This is the same "Moose" that a few weeks ago claimed that Moyes was in talks with Spurs as he was writing.

The everton communications director than tweeted him saying you know thats a lie, delete this and apologize or I will sue.

he then apologized.

What a twit.

Brilliant and fair play to Everton for putting that one to rest so quicky. Such a shame there's not a viable alternative to TalkSport during the weekdays.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: NorthernWhite on July 12, 2012, 09:02:41 AM

he then apologized.

What a twit.

Brilliant and fair play to Everton for putting that one to rest so quicky. Such a shame there's not a viable alternative to TalkSport during the weekdays.

That series of tweets was hilarious and just went to show that most journo's have no idea.

leonffc

he then apologized.

What a twit.

Haha didn't hear that one. He is a twit, there's no doubt about it.
I don't see why people slate Talksport as much as they do. Yes thee are some knobhead presenters, and of course the Moose. Some of the program's are dour (keys &grey) but there are also some good and funny program's on it too. Some idiot fans phoning up, some good ones phoning up.
To boycott it or not listen to it is everyone's prerogative but to say its all bad?? It's like boycotting the whole of the BBC because Panorama makes things up. Or nor reading any posts on here because some are Twitter bullpoo related.