News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh no, not another QPR post I hear you say!!

Started by Admin, July 11, 2012, 11:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick the Swede

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 12, 2012, 12:04:23 AM
We are bigger in regards to the global game... They might have good support in sheppards bush but I'm positive were bigger in the other 200 odd countries there are on this planet. They will never accomplish what we have and will never be able to do so..  They are not bigger than stoke, bolton, blackburn, or even Birmingham.. and by general consensus we are . Spend as much money as you'd like, you're really just another hull city buying aged fulham players past it for a massive premium.

You might have a point here, but sadly I'd say there are more Haha's in Sweden than Fulham. We're much better organised however ;)
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Holders

In short, when I started supporting Fulham in the 60s, we were certainly the bigger club, then we fell into the old 3rd, they were in the 2nd but we had a good record against them in the cups. Later on, we fell further and they had a spell in the 1st so that may be why some of their fans might think them bigger.

When we were both in the 2nd there really wasn't much in it and I used to enjoy away games there.

In recent years, of course, we certainly are the bigger but, since they narrowly and unfortunately survived relegation last year, I can see them safe tis year and not much between us for s bit.

Long term, in all honesty, we do edge it in my opinion not so much on account of most recent years but because of our previous spell in "the top flight" (horrible expression).
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cottage cheese

a bigger club does not have to keep reassuring itself by going on and on about a rival. The fact people go on about qpr shows maybe we are not that big and have to post threads like this

JBH

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 12, 2012, 07:28:25 AM
a bigger club does not have to keep reassuring itself by going on and on about a rival. The fact people go on about qpr shows maybe we are not that big and have to post threads like this

Or perhaps we just enjoy having a pop at out little neighbours  :028:

alfie

who cares.....i could not care less what any other club's supporters think. :handbags:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I hope they  get huge and get all of the tourists, Fernandes  was spouting on about on Talk S%ite. at their new ground.
I am happy with a Cottage, it's plastic statue  and have no reason to look west.    

Personally, I always like to see a London club  do well  as it is easier, with work and other commitments to make it to away games.  This is a good year with Reading and Southampton  rather than Blackburn and Bolton, together with Norwich and QPR. A choice between Stoke  away on a Monday Night or West London is frankly a no- brainier.  

QPR had a bad old time with owners, directors and such over the last few years, ( wasn't that a very embarrassing programme )  I do not enjoy seeing any football team struggle.   It may be  Fool- Ham of me,  but I hope  Tony Fernandes does not stamp on the Ambition  of our ex-manager and our two ex strikers..................Ho....Ho......Ho    

In the Enclosure

Didn't they go into Administration ? So basically they survived by cheating their creditors ?

Two Ton Ted

Considering the problems off the pitch the club had in the 80's & early 90's it's hardly surprising our star dropped and their's rose in that time. Yes, they did finish 2nd in 1976, with an outstanding team I enjoyed to watch, but they were back in Div 2 with us within 3 seasons.

We both are medium sized clubs in London, same as Palace & Charlton. Historically, we have spend more seasons in the top 2 divisions so we probably have the nod over most successful.

Neither are "big" clubs and never will be, something Fernandes may find out to his cost eventually.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 12, 2012, 10:10:22 AM
Considering the problems off the pitch the club had in the 80's & early 90's it's hardly surprising our star dropped and their's rose in that time. Yes, they did finish 2nd in 1976, with an outstanding team I enjoyed to watch, but they were back in Div 2 with us within 3 seasons.

We both are medium sized clubs in London, same as Palace & Charlton. Historically, we have spend more seasons in the top 2 divisions so we probably have the nod over most successful.

Neither are "big" clubs and never will be, something Fernandes may find out to his cost eventually.

This is the best description I think.

Fulham, QPR, Charlton and Palace are all similar size clubs with similar size fan bases.

Two Ton Ted

Palace & QPR really did little other than bob around in Div 3 south until the late 60's. I'd put Millwall just below Palace, mainly because they've only been in the top flight for one season.

Two Ton Ted's rough guide to the the biggest clubs in London:

1 Arsenal
2 Tottenham
3 Chelsea
4 West Ham
5 Charlton
6 Fulham
7 QPR
8 Palace
9 Millwall
10 Leyton Orient
11 Brentford
12 AFC Wimbledon
13 Barnet

I've never sure if Watford should be in the list, but if they were I'd put them between QPR & Palace.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Jambo

Quote from: Burt on July 12, 2012, 04:49:27 AM
Define "bigger".

Best post of the debate.  Depending on who you support you can pick the criteria that best suits.  Fact is, there really is not much in it over the course of time.  It's an argument fulham and qpr fans won't ever back down on..... Right with that cleared up, whose got the bigger cocks!!!!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

LRCN

Quote from: Jambo on July 12, 2012, 10:36:27 AM
Right with that cleared up, whose got the bigger cocks!!!!

surely by being the only club with a cock on the payroll we win by default...?

LBNo11

...it's not how big you are, it's what you do with it. The Dark side are much, much (much) bigger than us - but do I envy them with the fans they attract no, and the same goes for the pooper scoops...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jack Fulham

everyone measures club size in different ways so it is impossible to really come up with a conclusive answer. Current success suggest we're the bigger club plus we have more fans regardless of how long they've supported the club. I am not bothered about who is bigger as I just want Fulham to do well and couldn't care less about any other club or how big they are. 

personally i find the who is the obsession over who is bigger club argument rather sad as its not really something we can control so what is the point in arguing over it.

clintclintdeuce

I am pretty sure the last time I checked were there greatest team in the universe, and the universe is pretty big
The Dude abides.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

In 2007,  Didn't Lee Cook  donated his £250,000 signing-on fee  to QPR.
You could say we saved them from administration

and the poor sod has just been released by them 

PokerMatt

This post made me laugh:

"Lets not forget QPR outplayed Fooolham even when Diakite was sent off, that was an impressive performance I must admit."

Looks like someone's 'forgetting' something that happened a few months earlier.

Truth is most Fulham think we are, most QPR think they are. I'm taking satisfaction from league finishes and European qualifications. And that we have an honest, progressive manager at the helm. Whether that makes us bigger I don't know or particularly care, I'd just rather be Fulham right now.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Burt

I have a few mates who are QPR fans and I hate to break the news but there are probably more similarities between the two clubs than differences.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 12, 2012, 10:23:58 AM
Palace & QPR really did little other than bob around in Div 3 south until the late 60's. I'd put Millwall just below Palace, mainly because they've only been in the top flight for one season.

Two Ton Ted's rough guide to the the biggest clubs in London:

1 Arsenal
2 Tottenham
3 Chelsea
4 West Ham
5 Charlton
6 Fulham
7 QPR
8 Palace
9 Millwall
10 Leyton Orient
11 Brentford
12 AFC Wimbledon
13 Barnet

I've never sure if Watford should be in the list, but if they were I'd put them between QPR & Palace.

Agreed, although we're possibly ahead of Charlton.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

valdeingruo

Quote from: ~lork on July 12, 2012, 10:43:28 AM
Quote from: Jambo on July 12, 2012, 10:36:27 AM
Right with that cleared up, whose got the bigger cocks!!!!

surely by being the only club with a cock on the payroll we win by default...?

You forgot our whole roost of 'em
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi