News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh no, not another QPR post I hear you say!!

Started by Admin, July 11, 2012, 11:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 12, 2012, 12:55:43 PM
...it's not how big you are, it's what you do with it. The Dark side are much, much (much) bigger than us - but do I envy them with the fans they attract no, and the same goes for the pooper scoops...

What you do with it? Yea, everyone with a little one says that.   :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

One of the things I love best about Fulham is that it IS a small club. We don't compete with the money splashers and we don't get all that much press, but we reached a European final not that long ago and last season Arsenal dropped 5 points against us, Chelsea 4, and Liverpool 3.

If you're a big club, then there is no achievement without winning the league or the Champions League. If you're a supporter of a big club you're part of a faceless conglomorate in a plastic stadium. If you're a small club, then remaining in the Prem for 10 years is an achievement, having your two highest league finishes occur during the past five seasons is remarkable.

And you know the worst thing about "big clubs" and their supporters? They look down their nose at The Europa League, that we tore through all the way to the final. I LOVE my small club.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2012, 04:03:04 AM
One of the things I love best about Fulham is that it IS a small club. We don't compete with the money splashers and we don't get all that much press, but we reached a European final not that long ago and last season Arsenal dropped 5 points against us, Chelsea 4, and Liverpool 3.

If you're a big club, then there is no achievement without winning the league or the Champions League. If you're a supporter of a big club you're part of a faceless conglomorate in a plastic stadium. If you're a small club, then remaining in the Prem for 10 years is an achievement, having your two highest league finishes occur during the past five seasons is remarkable.

And you know the worst thing about "big clubs" and their supporters? They look down their nose at The Europa League, that we tore through all the way to the final. I LOVE my small club.

Couldn't have said it better. I feel pride in every match, win or loose. Supporters are class and the club is fantastic
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2012, 04:03:04 AM

There is a great quote in Moneyball about this exact thing, but I can never remember it in full.

Its something like - If you support a big team you celebrate the expectation of winning, if you support a small team you celebrate the unexpectedness of winning

or words to that effect.

mangoputney

Dempsey wants to go to a bigger club... Got a feeling won't be QPHa
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 12, 2012, 09:50:38 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 12, 2012, 10:23:58 AM
Palace & QPR really did little other than bob around in Div 3 south until the late 60's. I'd put Millwall just below Palace, mainly because they've only been in the top flight for one season.

Two Ton Ted's rough guide to the the biggest clubs in London:

1 Arsenal
2 Tottenham
3 Chelsea
4 West Ham
5 Charlton
6 Fulham
7 QPR
8 Palace
9 Millwall
10 Leyton Orient
11 Brentford
12 AFC Wimbledon
13 Barnet

I've never sure if Watford should be in the list, but if they were I'd put them between QPR & Palace.

Agreed, although we're possibly ahead of Charlton.

Yeah, it's pretty close, but certainly up to the 1960's Charlton were very much a top flight club with big crowds.
Never ever bloody anything ever.