Main Menu

RODAGOL SIGNS - Official

Started by Mr Fulham, July 12, 2012, 05:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/RodallegaSigns.aspx

Rodallega Signs
Thursday 12th July 2012

Fulham Football Club is delighted to welcome Hugo Rodallega on a three-year contract subject to the player obtaining a work permit. The 26-year-old Colombian international striker joins Fulham on a free transfer.

Speaking earlier today at the Motspur Park Training Ground, Hugo Rodallega said:

"I'm thrilled to have signed for Fulham Football Club. I wanted to stay in England and I'm delighted that I now have this opportunity with Fulham. I would like to thank the staff and fans of Wigan Athletic for three and a half wonderful seasons there. I'm looking forward to pre-season training with the rest of the Fulham squad and starting a new chapter in my career."

Fulham FC Manager, Martin Jol, added:

"I am delighted that Hugo has decided to join Fulham. There has been a lot of interest in him from other top flight teams in England and abroad, so to be able to add his quality to our squad is a massive boost this early in our preparations for the new campaign. He is a great addition and I think he will contribute very well to our style and philosophy here."

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cookie123

MrWhite

a very fashionable pair of trousers.

costarican white

Buena suerte al Colo!!!

This is good for Bryan, somebody to talk in spanish :)
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

LBNo11

Quote from: MrWhite on July 12, 2012, 05:24:24 PM

...it looks like he is packing a 'K' of his country's white marching powder in his trouser pocket...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TWFL

Good signing hopefully. Will have my full backing. One more striker now please, Mac and co.

ElissonSnygg

Very pleased! Good job Fulham and Martin Jol!  :yay:
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Walsh

Hopefully he can control his temper.

Lighthouse

So we have lost a AJ and Pog and Murphy. Brought in a versatile Right back/midfielder for a year with possible signing, a 31 year old central forward for a year and  26 Rodallega, who is another versatile forward/wide player.

Interesting to see how and where Jol plays him but must say feel pleased about Rodallega who on his day can be a right nuisance. So beginning to rebuild a squad for the season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MasterHaynes

Hoorah! At last I can stop checking FFC site every 10 minutes and do some work instead.

The Doctor

Some genius over on TIFF has already invented a nickname for him:  The Rodallaga-Bomb.

That's a quality nickname and I shall be airing it at every opportunity.  Hopefully he'll give me plenty of chances to.

Welcome aboard Hugo.  Fill yer boots, son.

Was this what all the "stripes" hype yesterday was about?

cottage cheese

BillNRoc

Young Hugo has some quality, surely, a proven BPL scorer. But I can't shake the memory of him appearing to phone it in more than once when starting for Wigan.

How much did he contribute to their late run to stave off relegation? Does attitude affect his performance? I'm asking, not trying to make a negative statement in question form.

mr-ska

One more striker and the front line is sorted out!  Very pleased about this....  Come on the Rod!!!

Jack Fulham

looking forward to seeing him in a white shirt

Whiteroom

Quote from: The Doctor on July 12, 2012, 05:39:11 PM
Some genius over on TIFF has already invented a nickname for him:  The Rodallaga-Bomb.

That's a quality nickname and I shall be airing it at every opportunity.  Hopefully he'll give me plenty of chances to.

Welcome aboard Hugo.  Fill yer boots, son.

That IS brilliant! I will go out and celebrate accordingly tonight!

MOR :

He'll do for me...only another striker and a midfield General to get then I can sleep at night.

"The Rodallaga-Bomb" - quality nickname...

General

A goal record at wigan of 1 every 4.5 games whilst on the wing. Expecting him to do better at Fulham in a better squad. If Jol gets the best out of him then we'll get his best years too as he's only 26. To be that young and for a free and three year contract, can't complain.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 12, 2012, 05:22:48 PM
Dempsey is going for shure

I'm not so sure but Petric and Rodallega suggest they're replacements for Pog and AJ rather than for Dempsey. They're both good quality and came in on a free, if we had spent money, I could see why would see Dempsey going but it looks as though we've set a price for him and won't budge on that. If no team meets that price then Dempsey will stay.