Stephen Kelly released apparently

Started by Bassey the warrior, July 12, 2012, 08:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reindeer

Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2012, 04:05:13 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 13, 2012, 01:06:51 AM
Quote from: Reindeer on July 12, 2012, 09:56:57 PM
This really grinds my gears. 

Kelly is not up to the job and there are better players out there who are.  The last game against spurs, he was at fault for the opening goal and was piss poor throughout the game.  If that had been Senderos, the board would have melted down, but it wasn't and people still sing Kelly's praises.

Lucky to get a run in the team last year, but obviously not fancied by Jol.  Hope he finds a new club and goes on to see out his career comfortably elsewhere.

the difference is that Senderos has competition for his place so when he makes a mistake, people can moan and ask why Hughes isn't playing. We didn't really have an alternative to Kelly this season as Baird has personal issues and Grygera got injured early. I think most people realise that Kelly is a limited player and probably the weakest link in the team.

Kelly played well last season and, Mr. Reindeer, so did Senderos. Please don't use him as a club to bash other players in the squad to show that they're not as good as he is.

A little perspective perhaps?

I don't rate Kelly and feel that he fell under the radar last year when the criticism of our back four was being dished about. 

There is a huge lack of perspective on the old Hughes v Senderos debate, so I'm sorry if my feelings towards Kelly are not shared, but I am entitled to air my views.

Sector9

I'm fairly sure that article is old (May)

Jack Fulham

Quote from: The Moose on July 13, 2012, 03:35:52 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 13, 2012, 01:06:51 AM
Quote from: Reindeer on July 12, 2012, 09:56:57 PM
This really grinds my gears. 

Kelly is not up to the job and there are better players out there who are.  The last game against spurs, he was at fault for the opening goal and was piss poor throughout the game.  If that had been Senderos, the board would have melted down, but it wasn't and people still sing Kelly's praises.

Lucky to get a run in the team last year, but obviously not fancied by Jol.  Hope he finds a new club and goes on to see out his career comfortably elsewhere.

the difference is that Senderos has competition for his place so when he makes a mistake, people can moan and ask why Hughes isn't playing. We didn't really have an alternative to Kelly this season as Baird has personal issues and Grygera got injured early. I think most people realise that Kelly is a limited player and probably the weakest link in the team.
Hughes can play right back. Kelly was definitely the worst of our back four but he had plenty of faultless games. He also had some shockers. He isn't a starter but he's a good backup in my opinion. This is harsh.

He's starter until he's officially released or a replacement has been bought. I'm aware Hughes can play rb but he doesn't look comfortable there.

o i now realise we have Riether