News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Story from the Guardian.. Dempsey plus 9 million for Carroll ??

Started by mr-ska, July 12, 2012, 09:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Not for me. I'd rather keep Dempsey than get Carroll. For £9 million we could get a better striker. Or at least a striker more suited to our style. £15 million for Carroll would be a waste. He isn't a bad striker he's just not suited to our style. He'd do well at West Ham, Norwich or Stoke.

Holders

I'd rather keep Dempsey and I really can't see Carroll fitting into Jol's system. However, Carroll plus £9m for Dempsey doesn't seem that unreasonable and we could always sell him on for a profit after a season...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Abbotsbury White

Surely the main point re Demps is does he want to stay?if not he's got to go and if he has to go a deal that brings in an English international who has a proven premier league goal scoring record and was being courted by all just over a year ago in my eyes is damn good business...but there again I do not think it will happen.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

cottage cheese

Quote from: Mo on July 13, 2012, 07:16:58 AM
Surely the main point re Demps is does he want to stay?if not he's got to go and if he has to go a deal that brings in an English international who has a proven premier league goal scoring record and was being courted by all just over a year ago in my eyes is damn good business...but there again I do not think it will happen.

But i think the club should get more from Liverpool as they are a direct rival in the league and what is the point of giving them our best player?

Peronally if no other club comes sniffing for dempsey, I say keep him. Ye he may go on a free but he will be 31 and who knows...maybe he might sign a new contract during the season if we start well and push on.

Berserker

If we give 9m for Carroll that means all our transfer money gone, thus we will have no money to buy other players we need. Also what about Carroll's wages, which i imagine are huge.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rupert

Quote from: Berserker on July 13, 2012, 08:10:09 AM
Also what about Carroll's wages, which i imagine are huge.

Absolutely, this alone would almost certainly be the deal-breaker. We have a wage structure, and I can't see us wrecking it for one player, nor that player being willing to take a large pay cut. Last week everyone was going on about clubs reducing the amount of TV money that goes straight into player's (and agent's) pockets.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

TonyGilroy

I don't for one minute think that Carroll would come to us, that Jol would think he would be a good fit for our style of play or that we would give him a contract as lucrative as his present one.

BUT

Dempsey is worth nothing next summer and for £9M Carroll would be a financial snip as his sale on value would far exceed that.

AND

If we also spent money on a winger like Sinclair to provide some crosses....

BalDrick

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 13, 2012, 08:37:22 AM
I don't for one minute think that Carroll would come to us, that Jol would think he would be a good fit for our style of play or that we would give him a contract as lucrative as his present one.

BUT

Dempsey is worth nothing next summer and for £9M Carroll would be a financial snip as his sale on value would far exceed that.

AND

If we also spent money on a winger like Sinclair to provide some crosses....

^^^^^^^All that basically^^^^^^^
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

BalDrick

Quote from: King_Crud on July 13, 2012, 09:23:38 AM
she has beautiful hair

Where is that fit women over (and indeed under) 40 thread? High time for a resurrection

sipwell

Quote from: BalDrick on July 13, 2012, 09:35:22 AM
she has beautiful hair

Where is that fit women over (and indeed under) 40 thread? High time for a resurrection

Do you have a number of turned-40 lasses to add?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

BalDrick

Quote from: sipwell on July 13, 2012, 09:37:13 AM
Quote from: BalDrick on July 13, 2012, 09:35:22 AM
she has beautiful hair

Do you have a number of turned-40 lasses to add?

Not really but always nice to have a scroll through