more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

John Terry in Court

Started by DukeTyrion, July 13, 2012, 01:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leonffc

Quote from: Legate21 on July 13, 2012, 10:37:35 PM
Does anyone actually think Terry will be banned by the FA at all?

No. As soon as the law got involved the FA said straight away that they won't get involved now it's a legal matter. Theyve got their get out clause and will state that now he's been found not guilty in a court of law they can't be seen to contradict that etc etc
Just my opinion but the FA never come out and say something quickly. This statement was so fast you could hear the sonic boom Mid sentence.

God The Mechanic

Wasn't the issue that as it was being made a criminal matte the FA COULDN'T do or say anything until it as resolved, whereas now they can?

Like the Evra?Suarez debacle - it was deemed not to be a criminal matte but was handled "internally" so to speak.  Tbh, I just hope Terry gets sacked/shot :P

Terry Angus

Quote from: Alternative on July 13, 2012, 11:26:46 PM
Quote from: Legate21 on July 13, 2012, 10:37:35 PM
Does anyone actually think Terry will be banned by the FA at all?

Possibly because the state propaganda channel did not get the result it wanted and morons like Garth Crooks are rolled out to try to do Terry on a different pretext.

One of them gave as good as the other.

Terry is correct Ferdinand is black - and in Terry's opinion he is also a f***ing c***. Not nice perhaps but I thought this was a free country and you were entitled to give as good as you get.

If a 'free country' is one where you can do what you want, this isn't one. Nor is any developed country, despite what some people may think. There are plenty of things you can't do, ie, which are illegal, and one such thing is, broadly, disrupt public order, which, depending on the circumstances, is a likely effect of calling someone a f****** c***. When that's racially aggravated, eg, when you call someone a f****** black c***, it connotes much more significant, sinister events in our past, and is quite rightly punished even more harshly.

Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2012, 09:51:17 PM
Quote from: Terry Angus on July 13, 2012, 08:59:51 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on July 13, 2012, 08:39:12 PM
Many over on this side of the water would be shocked that the whole thing went to trial. Unless your speech threatens the safety of a human being [according to several Supreme Court decisions], the you have the right to say whatever you want. Thanks Bill of Rights [Constitutional Amendment #1].

Of course, saying what he said to Ferdinand at his place of work -- as he did -- would have been enough to get him fired straightaway. Of course, in the states he'd have probably been fired for screwing his co-workers women in the first place.

Terry is a scumbag of the lowest order, but the trial seems a bit silly to me, as does all the palaver about Suarez giving us the finger. But y'all have your rules and we have ours.

you sure? what about defamation, for a start?

Well, defamation of character, libel, and false swearing all are likely to have consequences on the part of the person defamed, libeled, etc., so they fit into the "safety of a human being." But calling some one a &$^%* son of a (^(*^&% is only going to get you in trouble if there are zones created for no swearing. Of course, it might also cause the person who is offended to kick your ever-loving ass, but that's justice ... not the law.

Terry did what he did for the same reason Suarez did what he did with Evra. He was messing with his head and trying to distract him from his job. It's much milder than garden-variety sledging in cricket, and what goes on verbally between offensive and defensive linemen in HIGH SCHOOL, never mind in the NFL makes Suarez and Terry look like schoolboys telling "doody" jokes.

I have no problem with English courts prosecuting violations of English laws. I was just pointing out that the entire affair would baffle about 95% of America.

...and i'm certain everything I've just said above applies to the US (or at least, it does in states with legal systems based on our own, like NY and California) and, I think, the rest of the developed world.

bigglesfc

064.gif
Quote from: DukeTyrion on July 13, 2012, 01:48:55 PM
Not sure if anyone has already posted this. It seems Terry was talking too quietly and when he was asked how many times he had been sent off in his career he whispered 'Four Times'

His QC then said to him, 'can you repeat, please, Four Times'

To which Terry responded with 'please, please, please, please'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9395243/John-Terry-racism-trial-Chelsea-captain-only-too-pleased-to-follow-orders-in-courtroom-gaffe.html

This is hilarious, perhaps FFC should play the Smiths, "Please Please Please" when Chelski come to the Cottage. 

DUKE

John Terry has written a letter of apology to Anton Ferdinand... Good golly Anton, sorry about all this monkey business, it's only a little black humor really and it's all gone bananas. What do you say we call a spade a spade and forget this whole dark episode between us? Feel free to swing by for a drink sometime, John

HatterDon

Quote from: DUKE on July 14, 2012, 01:05:07 PM
John Terry has written a letter of apology to Anton Ferdinand... Good golly Anton, sorry about all this monkey business, it's only a little black humor really and it's all gone bananas. What do you say we call a spade a spade and forget this whole dark episode between us? Feel free to swing by for a drink sometime, John

brilliant
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

the threat of a £2500 fine amounts to about 20 minutes' wages in this case, and the threat of lost reputation doesn't count either (because in this seemingly amoral sport, a story in the redtops "My courtroom hell, by John Terry" would/will expunge all the negative elements, and make a few bob into the bargain). And of course the lawyers' bills are in the post at this moment to make sure that the legal profession gets its pound of flesh.

And he was innocent, and therefore a jolly good chap after all.

A pointless exercise. Perhaps the only reason that the woeful circus made it to court was the actual order in which the three words came out!

domprague

Quote from: DUKE on July 14, 2012, 01:05:07 PM

good stuff.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.