News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First team players and squad cover - do we need more players ?

Started by frogman27, July 15, 2012, 11:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frogman27

On the day of our first friendly, who do think will be the firts team players and their squad cover ?

GK - Schwarz / Stockdale

LB - JA Riise / Briggsy

RB - Kelly / Riether / Grygera

CB - Hangeland / Grygera / Hughes / Senderos / Baird

LW - Demps / Frei / Kaca

RW - Duffers / Frei / Ruiz / Davies

CM - Dembele / Diarra / Sidders / Kasami

ATM / STR - Ruiz / Demps / Petric / Frei

STR - Rodellega / Petric / Demps

Just looking at that as a squad of players, it is questionable as to whether we are going to be much busier in the transfer market. Still not to sure who will partner Hangeland at the back. We could ever do with a solid centre back who is younger than the others we have. A goal hungry, shoot at will striker would be a bonus and possibly a creative centre midfielder. However, I read on here recently that Jol may well want to see some of the youngsters play before making too many signings. This is sensible management and we really do have some very talented players coming through the ranks. It could be a quiet month ahead while Big Mart assesses his options. Whatever happens we have a great crop of players in the squad, arguably our strongest for many years. Roll on the first friendly today, let's hope for quality attacking football and a few goals.

COYW

mr-ska

I was thinking the same thing..  but youve put it very well. Still think Demps will go..  maybe a like for like signing would be good. Im sure Diarra can do the Murphy role...

More Signings would be good for  depth...  but we mustn't forgot we have the academy players showing lots of promise.

Lighthouse

Riether can play midfield as well. Etuhu is still with us.

But our forward area looks very weak. Difference in cover and first team regulars. Other than that we need players to improve us. We seem to have squad players who can do a job. But improvement there seems a lack.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MontenegroWhite

I really hope well see more of the Kasami, Frei and Kačaniklić. If we sign more players our young stars will be on the bench most of the time.

MrCheviot

Gecov and Ethuhu are also in the squad..

I think the midfield and youngster's playing time will sort itself out, even if Dempsey leaves. We have plenty of attack minded midfielders, but really only one true striker, so that still seems to be the glaring need.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Quote from: andersons11 on July 16, 2012, 04:31:50 AM
Along with the invisible Halliche

Hasn't Halliche served enough time to be released on parole?

FREE THE ALGERIAN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2012, 04:35:05 PM
Quote from: andersons11 on July 16, 2012, 04:31:50 AM
Along with the invisible Halliche

Hasn't Halliche served enough time to be released on parole?

FREE THE ALGERIAN 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that BHR has gone(I think), JAR needs someone to do his shopping and housework so maybe thats why he has been kept on.