News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov fed up - worth a punt as the focus of our attacks?

Started by MasterHaynes, July 16, 2012, 09:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Sir Alex is holding out for £10m, if Clint is to go I would be happier for him to go to OT and I'm sure he would be too. I think Berbatov playing as the lone striker bringing other players in and getting on the end of moves would double our goal tally next season. Even at £8-£10m he would be worth a shout when compared to £5m+ for Rhodes, he would be good for 2-3 seasons and would move us on to the next level the same as he did for Spuds.
We could always do a deal involving the remaining payments for Smalling so that we could buy him for smaller outlay allowing us to pay him a large signing on fee to keep his wages within our wages cap.

JBH

So you think Fegie really wants Dempsey and that we would give Berbatov a £10 mil signing on fee to cover his drop in wages to £50K a week?  fp.gif

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I would LOVE Berba.

Personally, had Fergie not stuck with Welbeck for most of last season and played Berbatov instead, they'd have won the league. I know for sure he would have scored more. If Martin Jol can make it happen, he will always have a spot in my heart!

God The Mechanic

I'd love Berba to join.  It absolutely pained me to see far less skilled player get picked ahead of him last season, and the accusations about him not putting in the effort are way off the mark (and that's even before you bring stats into it).

jarv

Only at the right price/wages.  Safer bet would be to give Demps a better contract to keep him. Berbatov isn't getting a game at OT, ferguson usually has a reason for doing that.

Burt

Always rated him, and would love it were he to join us. Same caveats as Mr Jarv points out to apply though...

Lighthouse

5 Million quid and a bucket full of wages. Still we can keep on the thought.

Why not Carroll and Berbatov while we are in this mood?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Some have said Dave is a bit Moody. Berbatov is even worse, good player...when he can be asked to put in the effort. Im not sure a big time charlie is really what we need, we got rid of one in January.

bog

No doubt a top player but what an attitude. When he wanted leave Spuds his on pitch effort was scandalous. If he came to us (which he wont) he would be doing us a favour and would perform as such. I think Jol was his manager at Spuds so he will know what he is like. 

092.gif

valdeingruo

Moody but class when on form, was dropped as the leagues top scorer as Jarv stated Fergie usually has his reasons. However he played for Jol and would probably play his heart our against United.

If the fee and wages were within budget, then its worth a punt for the few seasons he would give us.

Just dont need him falling off the radar.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

Somewhere on the silly season thread is a report that he's going to Germany.

I agree with both sides on this thread:

1. He'd knock in a buttload of goals for us.

2. We can't afford him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel