watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Update-All Stations Go!

Started by zzamora, July 17, 2012, 06:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the ass, but I think it's in the bag and has been for some while now. I think we are going through the 'motions' just to keep certain parties happy and follow the proceedures correctly. I just feel that to much work has gone into all this with the plans, promotion, marketing etc for it to rely on a Thurdsay night decision at the town hall. 

zzamora

Put it this way- Boris backs it, Chief Planning Officer recommends its passed, every bloody council in the area says ok, everyone says good.

Apart from Richmond council.

And the friends of bishop park.

os5889

Quote from: ddeuce on July 17, 2012, 10:41:38 PM
Put it this way- Boris backs it, Chief Planning Officer recommends its passed, every bloody council in the area says ok, everyone says good.

Its only the Boris factor that worries me, something in there that says "the Mayors plans state that any non-river related encroachment will be strongly resisted" . So if Big Boz says he's for it thats great news

zzamora

Quote from: os5889 on July 17, 2012, 10:52:56 PM

Its only the Boris factor that worries me, something in there that says "the Mayors plans state that any non-river related encroachment will be strongly resisted" . So if Big Boz says he's for it thats great news

Go look at the economic climit- big boris is behind anything that promotes the jobs that this will.

Oh and we're giving £25,000 for local boris bikes...

SKSW6

I wish "Friends of Bishop Park" would just show their real agenda in their name and change to "Enemies of Fulham Football Club".

The Doctor

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 17, 2012, 11:12:43 PM
I wish "Friends of Bishop Park" would just show their real agenda in their name and change to "Enemies of Fulham Football Club".

In fairness, I think they were somewhat hijacked as an established organisation by those vehemently opposed to the stand.  At least, that was my reading of it when they went public with their objections.

chiefo

If its possible for members of the public to attend then all of us who can get there please do. This is going to be a day of paramount importance. I too fear if this gets turned down it will be the start of another program to move out of the Cottage. I'm not counting chickens just yet although the sound bites do sound good.

Alan_C

The report is a long read but scanning through, with a number of conditions and numerous Section 106 conditions (things the club must do to alleviate objections such as buy the sailing club a boat to tow their boats alon the river to a different start line) the report recommends that approval be given. While inebag might be a bit ambitious it would surely be a surprise if the council went against their own report from their senior planners having made all of the referrals required.

The club have seemingly done a very good job especially in responding to the objections the spurious ones mentioned above clearly are madness.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Alan_C on July 18, 2012, 08:59:51 AM
The report is a long read but scanning through, with a number of conditions and numerous Section 106 conditions (things the club must do to alleviate objections such as buy the sailing club a boat to tow their boats alon the river to a different start line) the report recommends that approval be given. While inebag might be a bit ambitious it would surely be a surprise if the council went against their own report from their senior planners having made all of the referrals required.

The club have seemingly done a very good job especially in responding to the objections the spurious ones mentioned above clearly are madness.

Planning committees can and do reject the recommendations of their officials. They're politicians and at least partly it's a question of who they want to please. All sorts of things, sensible or irrational and sometimes of dubious honesty come into play. Do their electors want or not want the new stand and who has their ear?

What the report does do though is give us an excellent chance of success on appeal if the planning committee turn the application down.

Alan_C

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 18, 2012, 09:30:40 AM
Quote from: Alan_C on July 18, 2012, 08:59:51 AM

Planning committees can and do reject the recommendations of their officials. They're politicians and at least partly it's a question of who they want to please. All sorts of things, sensible or irrational and sometimes of dubious honesty come into play. Do their electors want or not want the new stand and who has their ear?

What the report does do though is give us an excellent chance of success on appeal if the planning committee turn the application down.

I'm sure you are right and believe you have a lot more experience in these areas than I do. Equally the number of conditions and contributions the Club would need to satifsfy bring a huge benefit and in some areas investment that the same politicians will want to say 'look I what we got on your behalf'

The whole was there a football club there when you moved in? Argument frankly scuppers any objection by local residents in my mind. Without reading in detail the rights to light and other implications on neighbours seem to have been covered by the application or S106 items proposed to compensate.

It wil be interesting to hear the argument that turned the application down, or at least one that has the strength to stand up to appeal as you suggest.

TonyGilroy

My assumption would be that the application will be passed because it's been prepared so thoroughly and all the angles seem covered.

If on the other hand the committee members are being inundated with objections from "their" people then who knows what will happen.

I reckon that the battle for Craven Cottage was won 10 years ago though. Then it was a question of should there be a football ground at Craven Cottage at all. Now it's a question of the difference an extra 5000 punters would make.

SouthfieldWhite

If the public are allowed in, I will be there showing my support :scarf: just like when there was talk of a merger with the bitters to become Fulham park rangers, we won that battle and will hopefully win this one

Fletchino

Can anybody (ed!)  post the photos of the stand please

Burt

Quote from: FLETCHINO on July 21, 2012, 03:54:49 PM
Can anybody (ed!)  post the photos of the stand please

Although I am not Ed, I am anybody...

http://www.fulhamfcstadium.com/

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

:004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004: :004:

:scarf:

Travers Barney

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 18, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
If the public are allowed in, I will be there showing my support :scarf: just like when there was talk of a merger with the bitters to become Fulham park rangers, we won that battle and will hopefully win this one
Me too SW...i was there that night at the Town Hall too....if we are allowed in I also would love to be present this time....coyw
We are the whites