more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(18/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 18, 2012, 04:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WIGAN BEAT FULHAM TO SNAP UP ABERDEEN STARLET FRASER FYVIE

WIGAN have beaten Premier League rivals Fulham in the fight to land Aberdeen's Fraser Fyvie, 19.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/262611/Wigan-beat-Fulham-to-Fraser-Fyvie-signing/?

WhiteJC

Fulham in talks to loan Lukaku from rivals Chelsea
The west London neighbours are close to reaching agreement on a deal that would take the19-year-old forward across the capital for the next 12 months

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is closing in on a loan move to Fulham, Goal.com can reveal.

The west London rivals are in advanced talks on a deal that would take Lukaku across the capital on a season-long loan.

Martin Jol has sanctioned a move for the Belgian teenager after Chelsea made it clear they were looking to offload, either on loan or permanent deals, some of the fringe players of their first-team squad.

Chelsea have no problem in allowing Lukaku, 19, to move to Craven Cottage as long as he is guaranteed the opportunity to play more games than he would at Stamford Bridge.

Lukaku has spoken of his frustration at the lack of first-team chances during a disappointing debut season at Chelsea following his £18 million transfer last summer from Anderlecht.

He said he was "really angry" that he started only a single Premier League match and claimed that he was treated poorly by former manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Despite the departures of Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou this summer and Nicolas Anelka in January, Lukaku remains a long way behind Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge in the pecking order.

Chelsea and Fulham have now agreed the basic terms of a loan deal, which would be broadly similar to Gael Kakuta's spell at Craven Cottage in the second half of the 2010-11 season, when the young Frenchman's wages were equally shared between the two clubs.   

If the deal is completed, Lukaku will become Fulham's third forward signing of the transfer window.

The west Londoners have already signed Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega on frees, from Hamburg and Wigan Athletic respectively, but allowed Andy Johnson to move to QPR on expiry of his contract and lost out to Reading in their bid to sign Russian Pavel Pogrebnyak, their loan star of last season.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/07/17/3246764/fulham-in-talks-to-loan-lukaku-from-rivals-chelsea?

WhiteJC

Johnson admits to Jol rift
QPR new boy hoping to move back down the middle at Loftus Road

Andrew Johnson admits he 'didn't see eye to eye' with former boss Martin Jol, but is hoping to reignite his career as a central striker at Queens Park Rangers.

Johnson crossed the capital divide this summer when completing a switch from Fulham to QPR as a free agent.

He was eager to move on after falling out with Cottagers boss Jol, with a difference in opinion regarding his best position driving a wedge between the pair.

Johnson, who has been capped eight times by England, believes he is more of a threat when deployed down the middle.

Having been asked to fill a wide role on a regular basis at Craven Cottage, the 31-year-old is looking forward to proving a point when he takes to the field with his new employers.

Position

"Martin Jol is a great coach, but the truth is we didn't see eye to eye," said Johnson.

"I had several conversations with him about playing me out wide, but they went nowhere.

"I can play the role, but it's not my best position, and there are not many wingers who score a lot of goals from out wide.

"Last year I don't think I got the amount of games my early-season form warranted."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7905543/Johnson-admits-to-Jol-rift?

WhiteJC

Raring To Go

Mahamadou Diarra admits he cannot wait for the new Barclays Premier League campaign to get underway after Fulham kicked off their pre-season with a 0-0 friendly draw against HB Køge on Sunday.

With Martin Jol fielding two different sides in each half against our Danish opposition in Germany, Diarra played the second 45 minutes of what he felt was a good workout for the Whites.

"We're all preparing hard for the new season and everything is going well in Germany," he told the official website. "Each player needs to re-find their fitness, match sharpness, technique and quality to be able to service the rest of the team, and that's what the pre-season games provide.

"We finished our first friendly match 0-0 which isn't too bad but provides a lot of things for us to take away and work on during the remaining weeks of pre-season preparations. This is so that we can be at the top of our game and show our true value when we put on the white shirts and represent our Club and fulfil the Club's ambitions.

"The opposition on Sunday were tough and they have been into their pre-season for a while. They were quick at winning the second balls. But taking into account that we've had just over a week of training, we competed well."

And after getting their first summer sharpener out of the way, Diarra is looking forward to playing a key role for Fulham when the Premier League season begins next month.

He said: "The first five games of the season are strong games to play so we are going to have to be ready and learn as much as we can now and put everything in place to make life difficult for our opponents in those first few games. I can't wait for the new campaign to start."

Still a relative new boy at Craven Cottage, having only signed in February, Mali international Diarra's impressive displays in the middle of the park last term helped him quickly settle into life in SW6.

The former AS Monaco and Real Madrid man mused: "I enjoyed the experience of last season, getting to know English football and the intensity of matches, the passion of the supporters and even the many London derby matches which always adds to the excitement.

"The last quarter of the season, when I signed for the Club, was good and I'm happy with how it went. The objective towards the end of the season was to try to finish as high as possible in the table and we finished in the top half once again and were close to beating the Club's record points tally in the Premier League.

"I have enjoyed my time since I've been at the Club and, as I've said before, Fulham welcomes new signings very well and this makes the integration so much easier."

He added: "Looking back at when I signed, the first two matches I played in were really hard but the nine remaining matches I played in I felt really good and, if I'm honest, I didn't want the season to end. I re-found the pleasure of playing football with this team and I settled in really well. I feel great at Fulham and I'm happy that the Manager and players put their trust in me as well as everyone around the Club. It's up to me to really work hard and to play to my maximum as I did towards the end of last season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/RaringToGo.aspx?

WhiteJC

Lewis: Dempsey has made it clear he wants to leave Fulham

Daily Mirror reporter Darren Lewis says Clint Dempsey has made it clear he wants to leave Fulham, and expects the American to make a move to Liverpool this summer.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/extra-time/120717/lewis-dempsey-has-made-it-clear-he-wants-leave-fulham-176798?#KGrGYSMsMgLijdfd.99

WhiteJC

Cardiff City turn down Peter Whittingham bid from Fulham

Cardiff City have turned down a bid from Premier League side Fulham for midfielder Peter Whittingham.

The 27-year-old, whose contract runs until 2014, has also been linked with a move to Fulham's top-flight rivals West Bromwich Albion.

The ex-England Under-21 international, who has pledged his future to The Bluebirds, played every minute of every game last season.

He scored 13 goals in 55 games and made the Championship team of the year.

The highly rated Whittingham, who joined Cardiff for £250,000 from Aston Villa in January 2007, was the subject of failed bids from Championship Nottingham Forest and Burnley in 2010.

Last season, Cardiff lost in the play-offs for the third season in a row, and Whittingham helped them reach the Carling Cup final at Wembley, which they lost to Liverpool on penalties.

Cardiff manager Malky Mackay insists Whittingham is central to his plans for promotion to the Premier League, starting in their Championship opener against Huddersfield Town on Friday, 17 August.

Cardiff have signed goalkeeper Joe Lewis and midfielder Jordon Mutch this summer.

Whittingham has scored more than 10 goals in each of the last three seasons, and 64 in 256 appearances for the club.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is looking for a creative midfielder following the departure of captain and former England international Danny Murphy to Blackburn Rovers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18879572?

WhiteJC

Cottagers keen on Lukaku
Jol looking to land Blues striker on season-long loan

Sky Sports understands that Fulham have expressed an interest in taking Romelu Lukaku on a season-long loan from west London rivals Chelsea.

It is believed that talks have been opened regarding the 19-year-old forward.

Chelsea signed Lukaku from Anderlecht last summer, with a £13million deal put in place with one eye on the future.

The teenager struggled to make an impact during his first season in England, though, making just one Premier League start.

Games

Chelsea are aware of the need to get him games, with it unlikely that he will be pushing for a first-team role in 2012/13.

They are open to the idea of sending him out on loan, allowing him to build up his top-flight experience.

Fulham are understood to be keen as they find themselves short on firepower.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol has seen Bobby Zamora, Andrew Johnson and Pavel Pogrebnyak head for the Craven Cottage exits in the last six months.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7906025/Cottagers-keen-on-Lukaku?

WhiteJC

Dempsey's moving: official

Dempsey's, the well-known removals company in Whitstable, Kent, is moving. According to our sources they're going to the industrial estate behind Tesco. (thanks to Matthew Crockatt for the info and photo).

What?

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/dempseys-moving-official/?

MrCheviot

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 18, 2012, 04:39:25 AM

Raring To Go

Mahamadou Diarra admits he cannot wait for the new Barclays Premier League campaign to get underway after Fulham kicked off their pre-season with a 0-0 friendly draw against HB Køge on Sunday.

With Martin Jol fielding two different sides in each half against our Danish opposition in Germany, Diarra played the second 45 minutes of what he felt was a good workout for the Whites.

"We're all preparing hard for the new season and everything is going well in Germany," he told the official website. "Each player needs to re-find their fitness, match sharpness, technique and quality to be able to service the rest of the team, and that's what the pre-season games provide.

"We finished our first friendly match 0-0 which isn't too bad but provides a lot of things for us to take away and work on during the remaining weeks of pre-season preparations. This is so that we can be at the top of our game and show our true value when we put on the white shirts and represent our Club and fulfil the Club's ambitions.

"The opposition on Sunday were tough and they have been into their pre-season for a while. They were quick at winning the second balls. But taking into account that we've had just over a week of training, we competed well."

And after getting their first summer sharpener out of the way, Diarra is looking forward to playing a key role for Fulham when the Premier League season begins next month.

He said: "The first five games of the season are strong games to play so we are going to have to be ready and learn as much as we can now and put everything in place to make life difficult for our opponents in those first few games. I can't wait for the new campaign to start."

Still a relative new boy at Craven Cottage, having only signed in February, Mali international Diarra's impressive displays in the middle of the park last term helped him quickly settle into life in SW6.

The former AS Monaco and Real Madrid man mused: "I enjoyed the experience of last season, getting to know English football and the intensity of matches, the passion of the supporters and even the many London derby matches which always adds to the excitement.

"The last quarter of the season, when I signed for the Club, was good and I'm happy with how it went. The objective towards the end of the season was to try to finish as high as possible in the table and we finished in the top half once again and were close to beating the Club's record points tally in the Premier League.

"I have enjoyed my time since I've been at the Club and, as I've said before, Fulham welcomes new signings very well and this makes the integration so much easier."

He added: "Looking back at when I signed, the first two matches I played in were really hard but the nine remaining matches I played in I felt really good and, if I'm honest, I didn't want the season to end. I re-found the pleasure of playing football with this team and I settled in really well. I feel great at Fulham and I'm happy that the Manager and players put their trust in me as well as everyone around the Club. It's up to me to really work hard and to play to my maximum as I did towards the end of last season."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/RaringToGo.aspx?

Reasons I'm excited for 12/13:

1) Diarra

If he's truly motivated, we could be in for a treat!
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

WhiteJC

Liverpool close in on Dempsey with £10m Fulham hitman likely to seal Carroll exit

Brendan Rodgers is on the brink of bolstering his Liverpool strike force after agreeing a £10million fee for versatile Fulham forward Clint Dempsey.

The new manager expects the deal to be concluded before the end of the week and sees it as a significant breakthrough after his recent frustration over Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Convinced Sigurdsson would join him at Anfield after the attacking midfielder's successful loan spell at Swansea last season, Rodgers was dismayed when Tottenham beat him to the punch.

Yanks for the memories: Clint Dempsey is to leave Fulham for Liverpool

Sigurdsson even flew to Germany earlier this summer and pleaded with Markus Babbel to let him link up with Rodgers on a permanent basis. Yet when the Hoffenheim manager sanctioned an £8m permanent transfer, Sigurdsson chose White Hart Lane.

It left Rodgers short of attacking options, particularly with Andy Carroll available to anyone willing to meet a £20m asking price, but he has wasted no time in finding a remedy in the form of Dempsey.

The 29-year-old has an impressive scoring record, as a striker or attacking midfielder, and is due on Merseyside to complete the formalities in the next few days.

Strengthening: Brendan Rodgers is stamping his authority on the Liverpool team

Heading home? Andy Carroll

Though Newcastle have failed with a loan move for Carroll, and are loathe to match Liverpool's valuation, manager Alan Pardew is pinning his hopes on owner Mike Ashley finding some common ground with his Anfield counterparts.

Newcastle sold Carroll to Liverpool for £35m in January last year and Pardew admitted striking a compromise for the Geordie front-runner's return is out of his hands.

He told Newcastle's Evening Chronicle: 'That whole process is a little bit more involved with the chairman and the board at Liverpool. We have got a great team here, a great squad, and if Andy Carroll comes it will only add to us.

'It's been said that he's available and if we are involved, then we will be involved because of the figures, not anything else, because we know he's good enough.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2175089/Liverpool-Clint-Dempsey-10m.html#ixzz20wUKWODC

WhiteJC

Liverpool: Dempsey Deal Close

The long suspected interest in Fulham's Clint Dempsey is said to have firmed up with a £10m deal close to completion.

The versatile forward has been one of the Cottagers' best players over the past couple of seasons and ended the last campaign as their top scorer with 23 goals in 46 appearances overall.

Equally adept at operating as an attacking midfielder or a striker, Dempsey has been voted the fans Player of the Season for both of his past two campaigns at Craven Cottage.

Last season was a landmark year for the 29-year-old as he became both the first American player to score a hat-trick in the Premier League and the first to reach 50 career goals in England's top flight.

The future of the former New England Revolution star, who currently has an impressive 87 caps and 27 goals for the US national side, has been the source of debate for some time with his contract expiring at the end of the upcoming 2012-13 season.

Dempsey's signing, if completed, will be new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers' second addition following last week's signing of Italian forward Fabio Borini.

The player's move to Anfield is set to be completed over the next couple of days according to the likes of the Mirror, Daily Mail and TalkSPORT.

Apparently surplus to requirements and ready to make way for the new captures is record signing Andy Carroll.

Despite ending last season in good form for club and country the change of manager has heralded a new tactical approach on Merseyside which seemingly has no need for a physical target man such as Carroll.

The £35m striker does not want to leave but is understandably upset at not being given a chance to prove his worth to Rodgers.

If he does depart it is likely the preferred destination is a return to former club Newcastle United.

The main sticking point, according to all the major news sources at least, appears to be Newcastle's preference for a loan deal over Liverpool's desire for a £20m permanent transfer.

Magpies manager Alan Pardew yesterday commented to Newcastle's Evening Chronicle: "That whole process is a little bit more involved with the chairman and the board at Liverpool. We have got a great team here, a great squad, and if Andy Carroll comes it will only add to us.

"It's been said that he's available and if we are involved, then we will be involved because of the figures, not anything else, because we know he's good enough."

Vital Verdict
Although Dempsey is a very good player I find it hard to believe we are prepared to pay £10m considering his age and contractual situation - £7m would perhaps be more acceptable. Unfortunately this and any other items of Liverpool news are currently vastly overshadowed by the Andy Carroll saga. We at VL are somewhat divided on the whole issue but one thing we all feel is a sense of sadness towards the big man. He seemed to be turning things around and had become very popular amongst the majority of fans and therefore to be so unceremoniously dumped by Rodgers is slightly unfair. That said, if he does not figure in the manager's plans then there is no point keeping him. The odd appearance from the bench and in League Cup games will benefit nobody and his value will deteriorate further. £20m would be the best we could hope for and the club is right to be cautious about sanctioning a loan deal after all the issues we have experiences with Alberto Aquilani.

At the time of writing, our poll relating to Andy Carroll's future shows 69% of voters would likes to keep the player with only 31% prepared to sanction either a loan or permanent move away from Anfield.

The results in full as of 10.45am on 18th July:
Keep him = 59% | Wait and see how he adapts = 10% | Sell him = 23% | Loan him = 8%

Read more: http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287411#ixzz20yyYYBE0

WhiteJC

Fulham insist no bids received for Arsenal, Liverpool & Everton target despite owners' website claiming deal was done

Transfer news: Clint Dempsey is being linked with a move away from Craven Cottage

Fulham have insisted that they have received no bids for star man Clint Dempsey, despite reports suggesting that he had signed for Liverpool.

The American has been linked with a host of leading Premier League clubs, including Arsenal and Everton after an impressive season for the Whites, scoring 23 goals in 45 games.

Fulham, however, have insisted that they have not received any bids for Dempsey.

"We have not received any bids for Clint Dempsey," a spokesperson said. "We would also discourage any bids."

Liverpool owners, Fenway Sports Group, had claimed on their website, although this was later withdrawn

Dempsey would join Fabio Borini as the Reds' second summer signing and Brendan Rodgers looks to turn the Merseyside club's fortunes around.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_insist_no_bids_received_for_arsenal_liverpool_everton_target_despite_owners_website_claiming_deal_was_done_1_1450391

WhiteJC

Clint Dempsey was briefly a Liverpool player today, according to FSG's website

Liverpool's owners FSG briefly confirmed on their website NESN.com that Clint Dempsey will be plying his trade at Anfield next season.

It seems Liverpool's American owners have decided to let their own TV station, and website, get the scoop on their latest signing.

In a video piece on NESN.com about Liverpool's upcoming games at Fenway Park, the Boston-based site confirms that Fabio Borini and Clint Dempsey have joined the club. The piece has now been changed and Dempsey's name removed.

We knew about Borini but Dempsey's signing was news to the footballing world. An interesting signing, and American of course, but Liverpool fans may be worried that the Fulham man is this season's Charlie Adam, if he does arrive.

We wondered if someone in Boston was a little too eager and it seems they were. Fulham have said in response that they "have received no bids" and they would also "discourage" any bids.

One to watch.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/clint-dempsey-is-now-a-liverpool-player-according-to-fsgs-website-0026988-1?

WhiteJC

Fulham deny report of Clint Dempsey signing for Liverpool

Fulham have denied Clint Dempsey has been sold to Liverpool after a report on the Reds' owners' website claimed the forward had joined the club.

A post on Fenway Sports Group's website  said Liverpool had "added Clint Dempsey to a team that came within a game of winning the FA Cup".

The website report was later removed, and the Reds also confirmed they had not signed the player.

A Fulham spokesperson told BBC Sport: "We have not received any bids."

Although the website is the official homepage of FSG, it is hosted by sports network company NESN.com, who posted the original story.

It was uploaded at 05:44 BST and was live for just over five hours before it was removed.

Liverpool did not give any details on how the post came to be published.

Dempsey has been linked with a move to Liverpool in recent weeks.

The USA international scored 23 goals in 46 appearances last season and has one year left on his contract at Craven Cottage, with Fulham keen to extend his stay.

Liverpool, who recently signed Italy forward Fabio Borini from Roma, are currently on a pre-season tour of North America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18886354?

WhiteJC

Liverpool coy over Dempsey deal
Liverpool transfer news: Fenway Sports Group website claims Clint Dempsey has joined Liverpool

Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group briefly claimed the club had clinched the signing of Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey.

FSG, an American sports investment company, have owned Liverpool since 2010, and their website FenwaySportsGroup.com claimed Dempsey had joined the club, along with former-Swansea loanee Fabio Borini. GiveMeFootball contacted the club for an official line, but Liverpool could not comment on reports at this stage.

New England Sports Network, which is majority owned by FSG, hosts the website video, and posted a link "Fabio Borini, Liverpool Gear Up for North American Tour as Clint Dempsey Joins Club" at 12:44am this morning. But the headline to the video has subsequently been changed to remove all references to the Fulham player.

Dempsey was in great form for the Cottagers last season, and has been linked with a move to Anfield for the last few months. But a move is thought to be dependent on the Reds offloading Andy Carroll.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has already signed Fabio Borini from Roma, and the former-Swansea boss has been credited with an interest in a number of talented wide players, including Dempsey, Gaston Ramirez and Juan Manuel Vargas.

The 29-year-old American international joined Fulham in 2007 and has gone on to make over 150 Premier League appearances for the west London club, scoring 50 goals.Regarding reports of a deal for Dempsey, Fulham said: "We have not received any bids for Clint Dempsey. We would also discourage any bids."

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-coy-over-dempsey-deal?

WhiteJC

Dempsey Due In Liverpool To Complete £10m Move

With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Liverpool appear to have agreed a deal to sign Clint Dempsey.

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Clint Dempsey after agreeing a £10m fee with Fulham for the attacker, according to the Daily Mail.

The report claims that new Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is keen on strengthening his attacking options this summer and after missing out on former Swansea loanee Gylfi Sigurdsson to Tottenham, he's made his move for Dempsey.

Liverpool have been linked with the American forward for several months now but the Mail claim they have finally agreed a £10m fee with the Cottagers. The 29-year-old is now due to travel to Merseyside to undergo a medical with the transfer is expected to be completed in the next few days.

With Andy Carroll seemingly heading out of Anfield this summer, with former club Newcastle interested in signing him on loan, Rodgers has been looking to add another forward to his squad and he seems to have found his man in Dempsey.

The former New England Revolution star, who can play as a striker or attacking midfielder, scored an impressive 17 goals in 37 Premier League games last season for Fulham and if the Daily Mail are accurate, this form looks to have earned him a big-money move to Anfield.

**Update** Fulham have denied reports suggesting a deal has been concluded for Dempsey to join Liverpool, so it seems the Daily Mail were wide of the mark with their story.

Are you excited about the arrival of Dempsey? Get involved in the comments section.

http://football-talk.co.uk/65581/dempsey-due-in-liverpool-to-complete-10m-move/?

WhiteJC

Fulham - No Dempsey bids
Cottagers move to dismiss reports of Liverpool switch

Fulham have dismissed reports linking Clint Dempsey with Liverpool by announcing they have yet to receive any offers and would not welcome interest in the American.

Dempsey has been linked with a move away from Craven Cottage this summer after enjoying a superb campaign for Martin Jol's side last season.

It had looked as though Liverpool were closing in on Dempsey after a video posted on the official website of the Fenway Sports Group, who are the club's owners, indicated that a deal would be completed by the end of the week.

The mention of Dempsey was soon deleted and Fulham have now moved to clarify the situation by insisting that nobody has contacted them with an official approach.

"We have not received any bids for Clint Dempsey," a spokesperson said. "We would also discourage any bids."

Dempsey has previously stated that he would love to play UEFA Champions League football, having emerged as one of the Premier League's most consistent performers since arriving at Fulham from New England Revolution in 2007.

He is now 29 and has just one year remaining on his current contract, but Jol has made it clear that the versatile attacker remains an important part of his plans and hopes a new deal can be agreed.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7909533/Fulham-No-Dempsey-bids?

WhiteJC

Martin Jol gives up on Liverpool hit man and turns his attention to Chelsea

With Fulham unlikely to be able to grab Liverpool misfit Andy Carroll on loan, Cottagers' manager Martin Jol has turned his attentions to Chelsea starlet Romelu Lukaku, and is set to lauch a bid to sign the teenager on a season-long loan.

Fulham were hoping to use Reds' target Clint Dempsey as bait for Andy Carroll, but were told by the Merseyside club that only permanent deals for the striker would be entertained. And with the England international's price-tag way beyond their budget, Lukaku has been spotted as a cut-price option for Jol's ambitious side.

Lukaku has made no secret of his frustrations at Stamford Bridge last season, imploring with the Blues to let him go out on loan to gain some valuable match time if he is once again left out on the sidelines this term.

Chelsea have maintained that the £18 million signing will not be making a loan move, and is part of manager Roberto di Matteo's plans for the coming season.

However, with Lukaku's compatriot Moussa Dembele at Craven Cottage, Di Matteo could be tempted into letting the youngster go out and receive some playing time instead of sulking at Stamford Bridge.

Fulham have seen a number of arrivals and departures in their striking department this summer, with Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega signing for the club on free deals, and the duo of Andy Johnson and Pavel Pogrebnyak leaving the club.

http://www.footylatest.com/martin-jol-gives-up-on-liverpool-hit-man-and-turns-his-attention-to-chelsea/30531?

WhiteJC

Liverpool agree a £10 million fee for a new striker and possible Andy Carroll replacement

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is set to seal the signature of Fulham forward Clint Dempsey, with a reported £10 million fee agreed for the American international.

The 29-year old was in scintillating form for the Cottagers last term, scoring 23 goals to help Martin Jol's side end in a strong 9th place in the Premier League. The versatile player has nevertheless been craving a move to a bigger club for a couple of seasons now, with a potential switch to Arsenal last season not transpiring after much hype.

Liverpool however have picked up the gauntlet, and are now the favourites to sign the American, with Rodgers seeing him as a perfect replacement for Gylfi Sigurdsson, who earlier in the summer chose Tottenham Hotspur over the Reds.

Dempsey can play as a winger, an attacking midfielder, or a striker, and is set to be a central figure in Rodgers' squad in the coming term.

In effect, that could signal the end of Andy Carroll's Liverpool career, with the Reds happy to offload the £35 million misfit to any club offering the Merseyside club Carroll's £20 million valuation.

Carroll's former club Newcastle are the favourites to land the 23-year old's signature, who even at his steep price would signify a £15 million profit for the Magpies, who sold the striker to Liverpool 18 months earlier.

http://www.footylatest.com/liverpool-agree-a-10-million-fee-for-a-new-striker-and-possible-andy-carroll-replacement/30534?

WhiteJC

Lukaku - Fulham Interest?

Heralded as the new Didier Drogba, when he signed from Anderlecht, for a fee of something like £18 million, things didn`t quite go according to plan for Romelu Lukaku last season.

In fact the giant Belgian hardly got a look in and it`s no wonder that a degree of disillusionment set in with regards to a lack of first team football.

But, it`s also fair to say that age is on his side and this season Romelu could be about to see the quantity of action he`s involved in increased dramatically.

Several sources are reporting that Lukaku could be going down the road, on loan, to our neighbours Fulham with reports confirming that Martin Jol has entered into negotiations to take the striker to Craven Cottage.

Do you believe it`d be a move that would benefit Lukaku, or should he stay here and take his chances?

Read more: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=530156#ixzz20z28ad1s