watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some LFC fan thoughts on Dempsey

Started by Mr Fulham, July 18, 2012, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

"please dont ruin your good start with signing dempsey! he had one good year, is old and we have better players already!"

"Dempsey stands out for Fulham because they play for him. Its a Charlie Adam scenario - at a bigger club is flaws become evident."

"I am an American and I would be devastated to see Dempsey in a red shirt. For USMNT he's constantly diving, yelling at referees, and lazy!"

"Dempsey has had one good season at Fulham, a bit like Konciesky [SIC!] definitely don't want him."

"Why would we possibly get rid of a 23 old England international for an aging second rate American?'

AlFayedsChequebook

Sounds like FFC fans before we sign anyone

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 18, 2012, 08:58:48 PM
Sounds like #ffc fans before we sign anyone

haha, actually change dempsey/rhodes liverpool/fulham USMNT/Scottish nationa team and fulham/huddersfield

horse1031

if Hodgson didnt coach there previously some of this would not be said.  Anything with Fulham in it for pool makes them think of Hodgson, Konchesky, and for some reason Christian Poulsen (who was Hodgsons worst buy).  We are a mid table club to them with no talent even though they are not a top 4 team anymore. :wink:

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 18, 2012, 08:57:22 PM

"I am an American and I would be devastated to see Dempsey in a red shirt. For USMNT he's constantly diving, yelling at referees, and lazy!"

This one just screams inferiority complex. "I need feel a part of the "In Crowd" so much that I'm willing to throw a countryman under the bus."

Liverpool deserve his sort.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mr-ska

They seem to forget we did the double over their great massive top club last year... :046: :046: :046:

SmithyFFC

I didn't think I could possibly hate that awful club and its terrible fans anymore. Those comments really are pathetic, they don't deserve a player like Clint.
FTID

Jack Fulham

it is easy to cherry pick idiotic comments that can be found on all forums including our own. I find RAWK meltdown on twitter very amusing though.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 19, 2012, 12:19:14 AM
it is easy to cherry pick idiotic comments that can be found on all forums including our own. I find RAWK meltdown on twitter very amusing though.

That Borini/Suarez/Dempsey comparison to Pedro/Sanchez/Messi was brilliant.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 18, 2012, 08:57:22 PM
"please dont ruin your good start with signing dempsey! he had one good year, is old and we have better players already!"

"Dempsey stands out for Fulham because they play for him. Its a Charlie Adam scenario - at a bigger club is flaws become evident."

"Dempsey has had one good season at Fulham, a bit like Konciesky [SIC!] definitely don't want him."

"Why would we possibly get rid of a 23 old England international for an aging second rate American?'

Sounds like the offal in 2008
The Dude abides.

alfie

may i just say and without trying to cause a row, but do we not do the same to players on this site when they are linked with us.

As we keep saying on this site peoples opinions should be respected, and if this is this persons opinion then that is he entitlement.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Me personally i think this one is a valid point. Charlie Adam was class for Blackpool because the system worked to get the best outta him, same as what were doing with Dempsey. He suits our style and adjusted to the way we play. If Liverpool play a 4-3-3 i cant see how Dempsey fits. From the right? Or as the main striker? Suarez has been on the left for Liverpool alot and in a free role, i cant see Liverpool playing him central and pushing Dempsey to the wings. If Clint was smart he would stay with us!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 19, 2012, 12:19:14 AM

Ditto.

If you wanted to you could make a FOF meltdown on Twitter really easily.

Reindeer

This is an hysterical read from a very biased reporter for the Liverpool Echo.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/85001-why-le-tallec-will-our-ronaldo.html

You won't regret reading it.

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on July 19, 2012, 11:36:37 AM

Me personally i think this one is a valid point. Charlie Adam was class for Blackpool because the system worked to get the best outta him, same as what were doing with Dempsey. He suits our style and adjusted to the way we play. If Liverpool play a 4-3-3 i cant see how Dempsey fits. From the right? Or as the main striker? Suarez has been on the left for Liverpool alot and in a free role, i cant see Liverpool playing him central and pushing Dempsey to the wings. If Clint was smart he would stay with us!

this is a brendan rodgers side , so expect positions to be pretty much interchangable .

imho , clint has two outstanding assets  ( as well as a few flaws ) , and one of them is  his versatility ( the other being to know exactly when to time a run into the box ) . for this quality , i can see dempsey being a fit for rodgers.

Legate21

Quote from: Reindeer on July 19, 2012, 12:09:14 PM
This is an hysterical read from a very biased reporter for the Liverpool Echo.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/85001-why-le-tallec-will-our-ronaldo.html

You won't regret reading it.

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better and I'm reduced to tears of laughter

HatterDon

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on July 19, 2012, 11:36:37 AM

Actually, Adam stood out for them in the early season -- winning over a lot of doubters about his talent among folks on this site. When Gerrard came back it was a different story. Each of them needs the ball and only Gerrard is going to get it. Unless Gerard is put out to pasture, Adam is just going to hang around waiting for Steve-O to get hurt again. 
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

PLEEEEEASE!!

These are the same fans who believed the 'King' Kenny hype, and worshiped the ground upon which walked the manager who:
1. Orchestrated the sacking of the current England Manager so he could take the reigns
2. Paid a record 35M for a player who, 18 months later at the grand old age of 23, is valued at 20M
3. Led them to one of their most disastrous domestic seasons in the modern age
4. Gave his full backing to a racist and disgusting player, screaming denial even in the face of pictures splashed all over the media and was forced to apologize by his bosses.

Liverpool? Who? Definitely not a top 4 or even 6 team in the English Prem, they survive on history alone (apart from 1 league cup, nothing in 6 years - even Pompey got the FA Cup in 2008).