watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodgers Bum kicked ?

Started by In the Enclosure, July 18, 2012, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the Enclosure

Sounds to me like the American owners told him to cut loose some deadwood / free up cash at Liverpool and go and get Clint.
  Rodgers has played the  -'I know best card' and dragged his heels

Fulham publicly declare  no offers made yet - Swiftly followed by a boot up the backside for Rodgers telling him to do as he is told?
He is therefore playing catch up at the moment to try to open the deal

Fenway obviously feel Clint is a must have not only for his playing skills but also for Shirt sales and USA interest - Possible scenario ?

Burt

Fenway had posted an announcement about the signing of Dempsey although it has since been removed.

Smoke... Fire... £10m...

Berserker

Very true Mr Burt. Do i  smell fish!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

It would be unfortunate for Dempsey if he goes there and ends up a pawn between Rodgers and the owners.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jimpav

Best case scenario would be sell Dempsey for £10 million, he has an absolute stinker of a season and then comes back to us next year at a snip of the price we sold him for.

Preferably not with a pony tail.

HatterDon

Quote from: In the Enclosure on July 18, 2012, 10:40:38 PM
Sounds to me like the American owners told him to cut loose some deadwood / free up cash at Liverpool and go and get Clint.

Fulham publicly declare  no offers made yet - Swiftly followed by a boot up the backside for Rodgers telling him to do as he is told?

Fenway obviously feel Clint is a must have not only for his playing skills but also for Shirt sales and USA interest - Possible scenario ?

possible, but not likely. I don't think they hired Rodgers to undermine him before he's managed a single match. I think many of us are twisting ourselves into fleshy pretzels trying to extrapolate every inference from every rumor tweeted.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Sounds about right. Glad i don't Twitter it's bad enough with all the other forms of rumour

- Martin Luther King Jr.

hesedmedia

Quote from: HatterDon on July 18, 2012, 11:26:43 PM
Quote from: In the Enclosure on July 18, 2012, 10:40:38 PM

possible, but not likely. I don't think they hired Rodgers to undermine him before he's managed a single match. I think many of us are twisting ourselves into fleshy pretzels trying to extrapolate every inference from every rumor tweeted.

"fleshy pretzels" = excellent band name.

TonyGilroy

I usually go for the cock up version.

My guess is that a Fenway web site simply believed the strong transfer rumours in the British press and assumed that what the papers print must be true.

On the other hand I do think that the lack of a statement from Dempsey very soon will indicate at the least that he'd be open to a move to Liverpool. At the same time if Liverpool do want him I think they'll have to make their move now and pay our price.

They may have been hoping for a cut price deal later in the window.

My money is on him being a Liverpool player by the end of the month.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 19, 2012, 08:23:30 AM

My guess is that a Fenway web site simply believed the strong transfer rumours in the British press and assumed that what the papers print must be true.

On the other hand I do think that the lack of a statement from Dempsey very soon will indicate at the least that he'd be open to a move to Liverpool. At the same time if Liverpool do want him I think they'll have to make their move now and pay our price.

Yes, I think he'll go, probably to them.

But Fulham will wait until a team meets their valuation - I wonder if all this media noise is to try to get Clint to force a move. His agent seems onside with FFC though.

Berserker

My work collegue who's a Liverpool fan think they won't offer as much as 10m  :dft006:

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 19, 2012, 08:23:30 AM

I haven't seen [or read] an interview with him since the World Cup qualifiers right after the season. What he said then is what he's said before, that every ambitious footballer wants to win trophies, that it's always been his ambition to play in the Champions League before he retires, AND THAT HE'D PREFER TO DO THAT WITH FULHAM. When asked if was looking for a move, he said he enjoys playing at Fulham and living in London, but you never know what the future has in store.

If there's been an interview with him since -- while on vacation and in training -- then it never got publicized here. It's hard for him to make a statement about an impending transfer if he doesn't make a statement at all about anything.

He may go or he may stay, but I think EVERYTHING depends on what the front office views as in the best interests of the club. If he goes it'll be because of the money he'll get in transfer. If he stays, it'll be because the club believes that it is worth the extra contract time to increase his value. Clint has never put in a transfer request or has said -- to anybody -- "I want to leave Fulham" or "I want to play for Liverpool/Arsenal/Everton/Roma/PSG [or any other team he's been linked with that I've forgotten.]"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

It would be easy for Clint to say that he wants to stay with Fulham if a new contract could be agreed.

He isn't saying that.

It would be disloyal and inappropriate to say that he wants to go to Liverpool and of course he's not saying that either.

For me the lack of a statement suggests that he's open to a move but he's not going to throw his toys out of the pram and force through a move.