more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (20/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 20, 2012, 08:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Jol claims new signing Petric can 'make the difference'

Mladen Petric has grabbed his first goal for Fulham and manager Martin Jol was quick to express his pleasure.

The Croatian scored in Fulham's 4-0 pre-season friendly rout of Lokomotiv Leipzig on Wednesday.

Jol also hailed new loan star Sascha Riether who has arrived for a year from Koln.

Good start: Mladen Petric has found the net

'Petric is a player who has the ability to make the difference,' Jol told reporters.

'He's a good number nine, he was our top-scorer in Hamburg. Riether is a very good player with his strong points in defense and as a right-back.'

Petric, who played under Jol for a while at Hamburg, bagged 38 league goals in 98 appearances for the club, and looked dangerous for Fulham.

'The first impression was great, I feel very happy,' said the 31-year-old. 'I'm looking forward to the future.

'We can only tell what is possible when the transfer window has closed and we know which new players have been added.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2175994/Martin-Jol-hails-Mladen-Petric.html#ixzz2192CxmPa

WhiteJC

Liverpool Transfer News: Clint Dempsey Is the Ideal Transfer Target for Reds

Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey could be the next star to join Liverpool in the transfer window, and he would be the ideal addition to Brendan Rodgers' squad for the 2012-13 Premier League season.

Rodgers recently spoke to the Mirror about the American star:

"Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that," said Rodgers. "Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is. That is where we're at. He's a very talented player, but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."

Dempsey could be one of the few veteran stars that Liverpool may be able to sign in this summer's transfer window.

Even though Steven Gerrard was healthy for a large part of the 2011-12 season, his age and injury history are concerns moving forward. Dempsey could be the star center midielder that Liverpool has lacked when Gerrard isn't available. Together, Dempsey and Gerrard would be a fantastic tandem in the middle of the pitch.

At 29 years old, Dempsey will not be a part of the long-term plan at Anfield, but since the club needs to start winning at a consistent rate next season, he would certainly upgrade the current squad.

If Dempsey wants to play in the Champions League, then the Reds aren't the team for him. However, it's unlikely that any team in England that has qualified for next year's Champions League would be able to offer Dempsey a spot in their starting XI.

The best destination for Dempsey is Liverpool because he can shine with a major Premier League club and continue to develop as a top player in England.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1264846-liverpool-transfer-news-clint-dempsey-is-the-ideal-transfer-target-for-reds?

WhiteJC

CLINT CONFUSION CLEARED UP: RODGERS CONFIDENT ON TARGETS!

CONFUSION reigned for Reds fans yesterday when NESN, a regional sports news broadcaster owned by current Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group, published the news on their website that Fulham forward and USA star, Clint Dempsey, had signed for Liverpool.

The report was later taken down and it emerged that it had been posted by accident, by a member of staff who had failed to distinguish the rumours in the UK from the confirmed news.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was at pains to set the record straight as regards the club's interest in Dempsey, who scored 23 goals for the Cottagers last term, by admitting that enquiries have been made but stating that no bid has yet been tabled. Reports in the US and in the British media suggest that Dempsey is chomping at the bit for a move to the Merseyside club, however, Fulham's reported £10million asking price is thought to be a major hurdle given Dempsey's age (29).

"We made a couple of enquiries to Fulham about him. Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is and that is where we're at. There has been nothing more than that," Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo.

The capture of Fabio Borini from Roma for a fee that will reach £11million with add-ons was Rodgers first new signing of his Liverpool tenure, however the Northern Irishman is confident of adding at least a couple more new faces before the end of the window, after discussions with John Henry and Tom Werner during the club's visit to the States.

I wanted to come out here and present to the owners in terms of where we're at as a club," he said. "I needed that wee bit of time to evaluate the players we have and assess the squad.

"Hopefully we can get a number of players in who can fit into the group and add some freshness. The most important objective is to get them in by the start of the season.

"When players are coming to a club as prestigious as Liverpool it's never straightforward. There are always difficulties in the way. At this time there are ongoing negotiations on a few targets.

"We hope between now and the beginning of the season we can close one or two of them out."

http://live4liverpool.com/2012/07/lfc-news/clint-confusion-cleared-up-rodgers-confident-on-targets?

WhiteJC

Trio in Douglas race

West Ham United, Fulham and Newcastle have all made offers for FC Twente's Brazilian defender Douglas.

The 24-year-old gains Dutch nationality next month which means he will be able to play in the Premier League without any need for a work permit.

He has been linked with clubs in Italy and Germany, but it is believed he would relish the prospect of playing in England.

Newcastle United firmed up their interest earlier this week by submitting a bid, but Dutch sources claim that Fulham and West Ham have also made offers.

It is not clear which bid is currently winning the race or how much it would take to persuade Twente to part with the player who has been a virtual ever-present in Steve McClaren's side for the past two seasons.

Fulham boss Martin Jol knows all about Douglas from his time in charge of Ajax and is keen to add him to his squad while Sam Allardyce is looking for more depth and experience in that position.

http://www.clubcall.com/west-ham-united/trio-in-douglas-race-1446432.html?

WhiteJC

With the right signings, Clint Dempsey's sale to Liverpool needn't be so bad

Clint Dempsey wants to leave Fulham. No club statement is going to hide that. His ambition for 'Champions League football' has never been disguised particularly well - in fact, it's been quite elaborately exposed by the man himself on more than one occasion. Still, though, we cling on, vainly, to the hope that he will see sense and put pen to paper on a new deal at Craven Cottage.

We grasp to the belief that Dempsey will perhaps find some significant solace in what he already has in SW6 - a team which it seems is on the up and, dare it be said, ambitious. The grip is ever dwindling though and despite the cosmic gaffe of Liverpool owners, Fenway Sports, who claimed that the American was already an Anfield man, there's the distant thought in the back of every Fulham fan's mind that he has his mind set elsewhere. And, unfortunately, that distant thought is probably bang on the money.

Of course, there is still some hope. Brendan Rodgers has confirmed his interest, officially, but FFC are standing firm, stating no bid has been made. Perhaps that is the case and maybe it will stay that way. It's unlikely, but plausible nonetheless.

Maybe, though, in the times of a new-generation Fulham under Martin Jol's stewardship, we should look at this saga on the bright side, in an un-Fulhamish way. Life after Dempsey could well be sweet.

We will miss the promise of 23 goals, as he brought us last season. We will sorely miss the seventeen points he won us, on his own back, in the last campaign which, without, would have seen us finish in 18th place and in the Championship. But in the quick-fire world of football, everything and everyone is replaceable and Clint Dempsey, at 29 years old and with only a year left on his contract, is by no means untouchable.

He is unique, that's a given. He blends his midfield role with a panache for goalscoring that even Frank Lampard cannot fathom any more. His aerial talent is undeniable and, considering his position on the field, somewhat baffling. They're all admirable traits but why not just have an out-and-out striker who can claim the goals that we will miss with Dempsey? Hugo Rodallega, though hugely talented, is not that man, and neither is Mladen Petric, so you have to believe that Jol is still on the lookout and the names that have popped up certainly make Dempsey's potential departure that little bit easier to take.

Vincenzo Iaquinta, though ageing, has ability in abundance and is willing to leave Juventus. His agent suggested that Fulham was a "concrete possibility" but then went to confirm that no real approach has been made from Jol. His best times coming at Udinese, where he scored 58 goals, the Italian attracted interest from all over Europe and opted to stay in his homeland, settling in well with current Seria A champions Juve. There, he has averaged just over a goal every three games but, despite the respectable record, he has been frozen out in Turin. Mohammed Al Fayed, though, may well bulk at his wages.

Andy Carroll has been linked and would be a superb acquisition but, despite having Clint Dempsey here to sweeten a deal, anything on that front already seems dead in the water. Yannick Sagbo, of French side Evian, looks a good prospect but there are no guarantees that he is of Premier League standard. Maybe, then, we could promote from within, with Marcello Trotta proving he can perform for the first team with two goals on Wednesday evening in a 4-0 hammering of Lokomotiv Leipsig. Leipsig are, of course, no Manchester United, but these are early days. His second goal oozed quality and confidence and despite a barren spell at Watford towards the end of last season, you get the feeling that stints in the first team will not be beyond him in this campaign.

And, aside from who can replace him, what, genuinely, are the pros to keeping ahold of Dempsey? If we do, we lose the transfer fee that we could quite rightly inflate this summer, after such an impressive year. Plus, Jol doesn't suffer fools kindly and a man who doesn't want to play simply won't.

All the signs, then, point to Dempsey departure but it doesn't leave Fulham flawed. Al Fayed has shown intention to back Jol in the close season and I would expect there to be plenty of activity - with or without the sale of our American star. With a positive perspective, all parties could end up pleased.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/19/3170262/right-signings-clint-dempsey-liverpool-sagbo-iaquinta-carrol?

WhiteJC

Fulham and West Ham launch bids for Twente defender Douglas

Fulham and West Ham have made offers for FC Twente defender Douglas.

Newcastle had a £3.2million offer for the  24-year-old rejected last week.

Douglas will gain Dutch nationality next month, allowing him to play in the Premier League without a work permit.

Chelsea and Tottenham are also tracking the youngster.

Target: Douglas (left) could be moving to London

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176183/Fulham-West-Ham-make-Douglas-bids.html#ixzz21948akiV

WhiteJC

Chelsea youngster open to loan move with Fulham allegedly interested

Transfer news: Romelu Lukaku may go on loan

Chelsea youngster Romelu Lukaku is open to making a temporary switch away from the club if it is beneficial for him and the Blues.

The Belgium international has been linked with Fulham and could make a temporary switch to Craven Cottage this season.

"I just want the best for myself and for the club," he said.

"If I can stay here at Chelsea and be part of the starting XI and score a lot of goals for the club and make my team win, that's good for me and for the club as well.

"If I go on loan on another team and score goals and make an impact, that will be good as well.

"I expect to be a Chelsea player for hopefully my career. I just need to work hard and continue to do what's best for the team."

http://www.london24.com/sport/chelsea/chelsea_youngster_open_to_loan_move_with_fulham_allegedly_interested_1_1452826?

WhiteJC

Riether wants to follow in the footsteps of former Fulham favourite

FULHAM'S latest German import believes he has it in him to emulate Moritz Volz and become a cult figure at Craven Cottage.

Volz became a crowd favourite during his five seasons at the club, earning the affection of supporters for his eccentric website pronouncements and fondness for bicycles.

Sascha Riether, primarily a right-back like Volz and who played with him when they were youths, hopes to make a similar impression.

"I heard that the Fulham fans liked him very much and I'd like to make an impact like that – why not?" Riether told the Gazette.

"Of course, Moritz is a different person, but I will try my best to do well.

"I played with him in the junior national teams when he was the captain of the team and he's a good guy. We had always a good connection.

"We talked a lot of times about his time in England and he only had positive things to say, so I'm very excited about what happens to me this year. Perhaps we will talk again in the next few weeks and he can give me a few more tips."

Riether is making a relatively late change in his career path, aged 29, having only played in Germany until now. He is eager to make amends for last season, when he was part of a relegated Cologne side.

He said: "I said a lot of times when I was in Germany, the Premier League is the best league in the world and for me, it's a great honour to play there – and for such a good club, with such good players.

"For now, it's only one year, but I'll try my best and hopefully we'll have good results and after that, we'll see what happens."

He added: "I know that I have good abilities on the pitch – I've played in the Champions League and in internationals, and I think I have the experience to move on from that disappointment."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/07/20/64767-31432350/?

WhiteJC

Olympic Torch Pride

The Fulham FC Foundation and Fulham Deaf Football Club are immensely proud to announce that on Wednesday 25th July, our stalwart Ben Lampert (right) will be carrying the Olympic Torch through the London Borough of Harrow.

Ben Lampert has been an ever present in the Fulham squad since 2003 - notching up an incredible 212 appearances - and has played an instrumental part in the club's success story both as a silky winger and a regular scorer of top drawer goals. Ben, despite being a midfielder, is second in the all-time top scorer list with 114 goals. Ben was also part of the Great Britain team that won Gold at the Melbourne 2005 Deaflympics, and is an ever present in both the Great Britain and England Deaf Squads.

Ben has acted as a great ambassador to the club and has been a fantastic and inspirational role model to all players young and old, and to players from the youth squad. Ben has always been very passionate and dedicated to coaching and bringing through young deaf footballers. Ben is a FA level 2 Football Coach and is currently working towards his Level 3 (UEFA B Licence).

Away from Fulham DFC, Ben is doing some great work with Brentford FC Community Sports Trust, working as a Community Coach with deaf children from 7-16 years of age. Part of his role has seen him designing, developing and delivering a new football club specifically for deaf children. To support both his personal and project development, Ben has also been coaching deaf kids in 3 local primary and secondary schools.

"On behalf of Fulham DFC, I would like to say that Ben, since his arrival from Harrow Borough FC in 2003, has proved to be one of the best players at the club and has achieved a number of things with both FDFC and Great Britain Deaf Football. It has been a privilege to work with him for the last ten years, during which I have been an assistant manager for 2 and half years and team manager for the last 7 years; he sets a great example as a role model both on and off the pitch, where a lot of young players look up at him. His commitment to the club has been top drawer and has inspired players to follow his steps with FDFC. I'm very proud of him for his achievement in carrying the Olympic Torch through his childhood area in Harrow, and he deserves to be recognised for what he has done and for the many achievements in his football career." Fulham DFC Manager Ayad Sarraf

"On behalf of all of the FDFC players, we would like to extend our congratulations to Ben for his achievement in carrying the Olympic Torch only two days before the Games starts. Not only has he been an integral part of FDFC for so long, his enthusiasm and desire still continues to rub off on the younger players within FDFC, making him a perfect role model for the club. As an Olympian himself, Ben will no doubt appreciate the significance of helping to carry the Olympic flame on its way to its eventual destination in Stratford, and I am sure he will enjoy being part of such a prestigious event, whilst proudly reflecting on the achievements that contributed to his receiving such a wonderful honour. All the players will certainly be looking forward to his account of the day and especially to see the replica torch; many of us will certainly find the temptation to conduct an impromptu lap of honour round Motspur Park too difficult to resist!" Fulham DFC Captain Jon Evans

"Ben's dedication to training and always looking to improve is an inspiration to all players, he is a perfect role model both on and off the pitch. It's a pleasure to coach him with Fulham and with GB " Fulham DFC and Great Britain Deaf Football Head Coach Chris McGinn

"To the eyes of the deaf sporting community, Ben is a true Olympian - he is a great inspiration to the deaf of all ages. He has represented Great Britain Football at two Deaflympics, and even at the age of 21, was pivotal in GB's gold medal success in Australia. Not only he has over 40 international caps for GB, he has several caps for England Deaf both on the grass pitch and at futsal. He has won countless honours but remains modest - he has become a sporting legend. Hence it is fitting that he has been chosen to carry the Olympic Torch which is the icing to the cake - he has to be congratulated for his achievements in such a short time." Phillip Gardner, Great Britain Deaf Football Team Manager

Come and cheer Ben through the streets of Harrow on Wednesday July 25th, on what will be a very special day for Ben and his family, and a very proud day for the Fulham Football family and deaf football!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/OlympicTorchPride.aspx?

WhiteJC

Chasing a Left-Back!

The tabloid press carry the inference this morning that Fulham are in the chase to sign a left back.

It would appear that we are duelling with Queens Park Rangers to land the Vitesse Arnhem left-back Alexander Butman.

No possible price is mentioned for the twenty-two year old and we`ll keep our ears to the ground in case any further news comes through the news feed.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287633#ixzz219d5GCDP

Mr Fulham

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 20, 2012, 08:17:43 AM

Liverpool Transfer News: Clint Dempsey Is the Ideal Transfer Target for Reds

Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

Fulham midfielder Clint Dempsey could be the next star to join Liverpool in the transfer window, and he would be the ideal addition to Brendan Rodgers' squad for the 2012-13 Premier League season.

Rodgers recently spoke to the Mirror about the American star:

"Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that," said Rodgers. "Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is. That is where we're at. He's a very talented player, but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."

Dempsey could be one of the few veteran stars that Liverpool may be able to sign in this summer's transfer window.

Even though Steven Gerrard was healthy for a large part of the 2011-12 season, his age and injury history are concerns moving forward. Dempsey could be the star center midielder that Liverpool has lacked when Gerrard isn't available. Together, Dempsey and Gerrard would be a fantastic tandem in the middle of the pitch.

At 29 years old, Dempsey will not be a part of the long-term plan at Anfield, but since the club needs to start winning at a consistent rate next season, he would certainly upgrade the current squad.

If Dempsey wants to play in the Champions League, then the Reds aren't the team for him. However, it's unlikely that any team in England that has qualified for next year's Champions League would be able to offer Dempsey a spot in their starting XI.

The best destination for Dempsey is Liverpool because he can shine with a major Premier League club and continue to develop as a top player in England.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1264846-liverpool-transfer-news-clint-dempsey-is-the-ideal-transfer-target-for-reds?
Here we go again...they're getting desparate, don't they?

JBH

QUOTE: The best destination for Dempsey is Liverpool because he can shine with a major Premier League club and continue to develop as a top player in England.

They are historically a big club but currently they are no better than FFC when it comes to achieving results.

These Muppets at Bleacherreport are a joke  fp.gif

WhiteJC

Liverpool transfer focus - Rodgers turns to Dempsey for goals

A report on the website of Liverpool's owners claimed that the Reds had completed the signing of American forward Clint Dempsey earlier this week, but his club, Fulham, were quickly moved to deny that any deal had been done. In fact, the Cottagers indicated that they had not even received an offer for Dempsey and 'would discourage any club from making a bid for him', a statement which will have left the Anfield outfit slightly embarrassed.

Confirming a new signing when any deal is far from done seems to be an amateurish mistake to make, however Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers did later confirm that the club had made inquiries about the United States star. Given the premature statements being made, it would appear as though Dempsey will, sooner rather than later, be making a move to Merseyside.

The reason why Dempsey is a wanted man is because of his attacking threat. The 29-year-old American scored more than 20 goals for Fulham last season and Liverpool would welcome such an addition to their side simply to improve their goals tally. Icelandic attacking midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson was initially the man on the Reds' radar, but he instead opted for a move to Tottenham Hotspur. A report in the Daily Telegraph suggested that Liverpool would have to part company with around £10m to acquire Dempsey's services - a fee which would be very reasonable should the forward continue his form from last term.

Rodgers also confirmed an interest in Joe Allen, the young midfielder he managed at Swansea last season. When Rodgers sealed a switch to Anfield earlier this summer, one of the clauses in his compensation package was that he would not be able to bid for any players from the Welsh side for 12 months. But the BBC have claimed that Liverpool would be able to make a move for Allen if another club made a bid for him.

Similarly, it would be difficult for Swansea to keep an unhappy player at the club. However, if Liverpool are to make an offer for Allen, then Rodgers may have to allow one or two from a long list of his other midfielders - including Lucas Leiva, Jay Spearing, Alberto Aquilani, Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey, Steven Gerrard and Joe Cole - to leave.

Meanwhile, the future of £35m target man Andy Carroll is still very much up in the air after Rodgers said he would not entertain any loan moves for the Englishman, the Independent noted. Carroll's former team, Newcastle, reportedly launched a loan bid for the 23-year-old striker earlier this week, but that was rejected, with Liverpool only likely to accept a concrete cash offer for their costliest ever signing.

Rodgers said: "There is talk of him going on loan, but there is absolutely no way I would be looking to loan a player like that, especially after the investment the club have paid."

"But his condition will be the same as every player. If an offer comes in for any player at the club we would either look at it, or dismiss it, and Andy's no different to that."

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_15843_liverpool-transfer-focus-rodgers-turns-to-dempsey-for-goals.html

WhiteJC

Cottagers eye Roe-Coker move

Fulham are believed to be closing in on a deal to sign Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker on a free transfer.

Reo-Coker is available on a free after activating a clause in his contract following Bolton's relegation from the Premier League last season.

The Cottagers have a gap to fill in midfield following the departure of Danny Murphy to Blackburn and 32-year-old Reo-Coker appears to fit the bill perfectly.

The former Aston Villa man is also reportedly keen on a return to London, where he began his career with Wimbledon and also took in a spell with West Ham, making a move to Fulham a perfect fit.

Boss Martin Jol is also keen to sign a striker amid continuing reports regarding a bid from Liverpool for striker Clint Dempsey.

Juventus veteran Vincenzo Iaquinta, Chelsea forward Romelu Lukaku and Huddersfield's Jordan Rhodes are three names believed to be on Jol's radar, while Evian forward Yannick Sagbo has also emerged as a potential summer signing in recent days.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/07/20/Cottagers-eye-midfielder-move/gnid-148262/?

WhiteJC

Fulham closing in on ex-Bolton Wanderers midfielder Reo-Coker

According to reports Fulham are set to swoop for former Bolton Wanderers midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.

It is understood that the released Wanderers midfielder could sign for the Cottagers today.

Reo-Coker is a free agent after activating a clause in his contract following Bolton's relegation from the Premier League.

Read more at http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1213013-fulham-closing-in-on-ex-bolton-wanderers-midfielder-reo-coker.html?#77PD8ivDHlH8EjQp.99

WhiteJC

Unfortunate

Here's something: The Two Unfortunates has a piece on Wycombe Wanderers managers, and of course this little group contains one Lawrie Sanchez:

"Part-Mafioso, part Churchillian leader, Lawrie's astonishing assuredness throughout the run was hugely inspiring to players and fans – he never for a second seemed in doubt that we could win the whole damned thing"

A lot of Fulham fans didn't like the cut of Sanchez's jib.  I think this was partly the aforementioned confidence, but confidence in itself isn't a bad thing. No, what Sanchez lacked was humility, which his successor, Roy Hodgson, did seem to possess.

Or did he? When he went to Liverpool, Hodgson, with something to prove and results not going well, was portrayed in much the same way as Lawrie Sanchez was with Fulham: defensive, harking back to past glories... his every public action indirectly or directly saying "No, you're wrong – I CAN do this job! Just leave me alone and I'll prove it."

Of course, Sanchez carried this on after he left Fulham, but in his position he probably felt he had no choice: football managers are well remunerated; out of work football managers aren't. He genuinely believed/s that he has something to offer as a manager, but feels that he's effectively been black-balled as a result of that experience at Fulham. A stint at Barnet is all he's managed post-Fulham.

I'm not saying he deserved better, but I do think there's a parallel universe where Lawrie Sanchez is still doing okay as a football manager.  Meanwhile, in this world, he could do worse than to take the Hodgson route back: get abroad, get winning, get another chance. He's still young enough, after all.

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/unfortunate/?

WhiteJC

Four strikers linked with signing for Fulham this week

Fulham may have signed Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega this transfer window, but reports suggest they are still in the market for another striker.

With last season's top goalscorer Clint Dempsey constantly being linked with a move away - most recently to Liverpool - you can understand why Martin Jol is leaving nothing to chance.

Last season's loan star Pavel Pogrebnyak went to Reading, who offered a higher wage than the Cottagers. So who are the players  linked with a move into the club?

Romelu Lukaku

Belgian striker Lukaku was touted as one of Europe's best up and coming strikers this time last season, and despite a thoroughly underwhelming debut season for Chelsea, there is no reason to doubt his potential. The problem is he did not have a consistent run of games on which to be properly judged, and he did not get on with manager Andre Villas-Boas. Reports have suggested he is heading to Fulham on loan for a year, with a deal 70 per cent agreed, whatever that means. The suspicions are that he is holding out for offers from other clubs, and his two goals in Chelsea's opening pre-season friendly while a reminder of his capability, could just complicate Fulham's chances of signing him.

Yannick Sagbo

Ivory Coast striker Yannick Sagbo was linked with Fulham by the Daily Mail yesterday, and he could be a bargain buy for the club. Sagbo is 24, and plays for French club Evian, and scored 10 goals in 30 starts for the club last season, and provided four assists. The striker was previously linked with West Ham, but their interest may have waned after snapping up fellow Ligue One forward Modibo Maiga this week. He would cost around £4 million if reports are to be believed.

Vincenzo Iaquinta

Former Italian international striker Vincenzo Iaquinta has been suggested as a Fulham target, but he would have to take a cut in his £60,000 per week wages to make a move happen. His agent has claimed Fulham are interested, along with Gianfranco Zola's Watford. The 32-year-old was frozen out at Juventus last season, and joined Cesena on loan, where he scored one goal in six appearances. His record at Juventus reads 40 goals in 109 appearances who would be happy to get him off their books, and he is said to be keen on a move to England.

Jordan Rhodes

Freescoring Huddersfield Town forward has been linked with a move to Craven Cottage for several weeks, and the Terriers promotion to the Championship was likely bad news for their chances. Boss Simon Grayson addressed rumours this week, demanding Fulham, or any other interested parties, cough up a big price for his star man or leave well alone. He scored 40 goals last season, and Grayson says only a 'big offer' - in the region of the £6.5 million Southampton paid Burnley for Jay Rodriguez - would tempt them to sell.

Which of the four appeals to you the most? Can Fulham hold onto Dempsey?

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/07/19/four-strikers-linked-with-signing-for-fulham-this-week/?

WhiteJC

Riether keen to shine
Fulham's on-loan defender aims to secure permanent move

Fulham's Sascha Riether is relishing the opportunity to prove his worth in the Premier League and secure a permanent switch to Craven Cottage.

The 29-year-old right-back has made two appearances for Germany and recently joined the west Londoners from Cologne,signing on loan until the end of the season.

Fulham have an option to make the move permanent at the end of that period and Riether hopes to make amends for last season, when he suffered relegation from the Bundesliga.

"I said a lot of times when I was in Germany, the Premier League is the best league in the world and for me, it's a great honour to play there - and for such a good club, with such good players," he told the Ealing Gazette.

"For now, it's only one year, but I'll try my best and hopefully we'll have good results and after that, we'll see what happens.

"I know that I have good abilities on the pitch - I've played in the Champions League and in internationals, and I think I have the experience to move on from that disappointment."

Impact

Riether, who can also operate in midfield, spent last season at Cologne after joining from Wolfsburg.
The defender began his career 10 years ago at Freiburg, where he made 139 appearances over five seasons.

Riether then went on to enjoy four seasons at Wolfsburg, helping them to the Bundesliga crown in 2008/09 before joining Cologne.

The Lahr-born player becomes Fulham's latest German import and hopes to emulate fellow full-back Moritz Volz, who became a popular figure on the banks of the Thames during his spell at the club.

"I heard that the Fulham fans liked him very much and I'd like to make an impact like that - why not?" Riether said.

"Of course, Moritz is a different person, but I will try my best to do well."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7919790?