more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (21/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 21, 2012, 04:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

New Fulham signing Sascha Riether looking forward to Premier League challenge

Fulham's Sascha Riether is honoured to be playing in the Premier League and confident of proving his worth at Craven Cottage.

The 29-year-old right-back has made two appearances for Germany and recently joined the west Londoners from Cologne, signing on loan until the end of the season.

Fulham have an option to make the move permanent at the end of that period and Riether hopes make amends for last season, where he suffered relegation from the Bundesliga.

"I said a lot of times when I was in Germany, the Premier League is the best league in the world and for me, it's a great honour to play there - and for such a good club, with such good players," he told the Ealing Gazette.

"For now, it's only one year, but I'll try my best and hopefully we'll have good results and after that, we'll see what happens.

"I know that I have good abilities on the pitch - I've played in the Champions League and in internationals, and I think I have the experience to move on from that disappointment."

Riether, who can also operate in midfield, spent last season at Cologne after joining from Wolfsburg.

The defender began his career 10 years ago at Freiburg, where he made 139 appearances over five seasons.

Riether then went on to enjoy four seasons at Wolfsburg, helping them to the Bundesliga crown in 2008/09 before joining Cologne.

The Lahr-born player becomes Fulham's latest German import and hopes to emulate fellow full-back Moritz Volz, who became a popular figure on the banks of the Thames during his spell at the club.

"I heard that the Fulham fans liked him very much and I'd like to make an impact like that - why not?" Riether said.

"Of course, Moritz is a different person, but I will try my best to do well."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/new-fulham-signing-sascha-riether-looking-forward-to-premier-league-challenge-7962166.html

WhiteJC

Fulham prepare move for Bolton midfielder

Fulham are ready to make a move to sign Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker on a free transfer.

The former Aston Villa and West Ham man wants to leave Bolton following relegation and reports suggest he has a clause in his contract allowing him to do so.

Now Fulham, who need a replacement for Danny Murphy after allowing him to move on to Blackburn, are top of the queue to snap him up.

Reo-Coker is available on a free after activating a clause in his contract following Bolton's relegation from the Premier League last season.

The Cottagers have a gap to fill in midfield following the departure of Danny Murphy to Blackburn and 32-year-old Reo-Coker appears to fit the bill perfectly, especially as he hails from London and is keen to return to the capital.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120720/fulham-prepare-move-bolton-midfielder-177048?#2vvUlk8Xfl1Hr3JK.99

WhiteJC

Duff Returns

Damien Duff was back in training ahead of schedule this week as he bids to hit the new season in tip-top condition.

The midfielder was not due back at Motspur Park until later this month due to his exertions for the Republic of Ireland at this summer's European Championship.

But, with the rest of the Whites' First Team Squad currently out in Germany as part of their pre-season preparations, Duff returned to his familiar surroundings of Fulham's Training Ground headquarters.

The 33-year-old will meet up with his fellow team mates next week once they have returned to England.

Duff made his 100th appearance for his country when he captained Giovanni Trapatonni's side in their 2-0 defeat to Italy in their final group game of the Euros last month.

The former Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea and Newcastle United man started all three games in Group C which saw him become only the fifth player to reach a century of caps for the Republic of Ireland.

Duff made 43 appearances in all competitions for Fulham last season, scoring six goals in the process.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/DuffReturns.aspx?

WhiteJC

Sagbo flattered by interest
Striker linked with Fulham but not paying attention to speculation

Yannick Sagbo: Staying relaxed about his future but happy with Fulham talk

Yannick Sagbo has admitted he would love to play in the Premier League after being linked with a move to England, but says he has heard nothing concrete from his club Evian.

Speculation has suggested that the Ivory Coast international is a transfer target for both Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.
The striker concedes that he would relish the chance to embark on a new challenge in England and has been particularly impressed from afar by Fulham.

However, he has performed well for Evian in French football over the past couple of years and is not paying much attention to the stories at present.

Relaxed

"I am flattered by the interest in me, but nothing is definite at the moment," he said.

"Evian have not said anything to me about moving to another club, so at this stage I can say it is rumours.

"I would love to play in the Premier League. I was linked before but nothing happened so I am relaxed about it.

"Fulham would be fantastic. They have a top manager and a good bunch of players. I could learn a lot there."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7920179?