watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we overrating Rodallega a bit?

Started by Jack Fulham, July 21, 2012, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Fulham

I don't mean to put a downer on things but I think some people on here may think he's a lot better than he actually is. I admit I didn't watch Wigan much and he has impressed me on a few occasions but he is hugely inconsistent and is coming off a very poor season. The more alarming stat being Hugo Rodallega: Of PL strikers that scored last season, only Heskey & Ebanks-Blake (3.5%) had worse conversion rates than Rodallega (3.6%). I think we've signed a good striker but he is low on confidence and I am not expecting big things from him this season.

He is coming into the prime of his career though so hopefully we can see some of this

Hugo Rodallega- all Wigan goals

BigNigeBowds

Remember....we are fulham and we are awesome at getting the best out of players
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EtuhuForNigeria

Undoubtedly. Petric, on the other hand, we are massively under-rating.

Burt

I will answer this question in 6 months time.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Reindeer

It's hard to call this one.  He showed flashes of shear brilliance for Wigan.  It depends on how much the manager gets out of him.

At the end of the day though, he arrived on a free and was being chased by the major clubs too.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Burt on July 21, 2012, 08:55:46 PM

I think this is the rational think to do.

wadey

yeah...lets all have a downer on him BEFORE he pulls on the white shirt....jeeeez :035: :035: :035: :035:

OldBrownShoe

+1

Far too much negativity these days. Let's get behind the players.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

EtuhuForNigeria

To be fair, the question is are WE over-rating him (our attitudes towards him), based on what we have seen so far, rather than are we over-rating him given how he will perform in the future.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: wadey on July 21, 2012, 10:42:04 PM
yeah...lets all have a downer on him BEFORE he pulls on the white shirt....jeeeez :035: :035: :035: :035:

I judge players after I've seen them in a white shirt. I'm just saying we shouldn't have big expectations of him after he's had a poor season.

Lighthouse

Well Rodders is what we used a call a nuisance player. He can be quick, can turn up anywhere and is a bloody nuisance for the opposition. AJ could be a nuisance but ended up being  more of a nuisance to us. So we really haven't had this type of player and he should fit in.

We really need a target player to complete our forward line. Petric isn't a target player as far as I understand. Petric has an eye for goal and can make space for himself in the area. Another different type of forward and may well be a great fit for a few years.

Frankly we have fans who don't think we can be better than we are and think we have reached our glass ceiling. Which may well be right. Overrating our own players has never been one of our real problems.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2012, 11:47:32 PM
Well Rodders is what we used a call a nuisance player. He can be quick, can turn up anywhere and is a bloody nuisance for the opposition. AJ could be a nuisance but ended up being  more of a nuisance to us. So we really haven't had this type of player and he should fit in.

We really need a target player to complete our forward line. Petric isn't a target player as far as I understand. Petric has an eye for goal and can make space for himself in the area. Another different type of forward and may well be a great fit for a few years.

Frankly we have fans who don't think we can be better than we are and think we have reached our glass ceiling. Which may well be right. Overrating our own players has never been one of our real problems.

what are our real problems?

Walsh

I just don't think he got the right support whilst playing for Wigan, even if he is a huge flop I have faith in my main man Marcello Trotta... he is ready... RELEASE THE BEAST!

HatterDon

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 21, 2012, 10:28:15 PM

I think this is the rational think to do.

yes, but where's the fun in being rational?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Zu-Meister

he is very much a confidence player, amazing when good, crap when not.

MasterHaynes

Well,looking on the wigan site their fans are calling him a legend so couldn't have been thatinconsistent, but its like opening a present you will ahve to wait and see whether its another pair of socks or an Ipod

Walsh

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 22, 2012, 08:31:50 AM
Well,looking on the wigan site their fans are calling him a legend so couldn't have been thatinconsistent, but its like opening a present you will ahve to wait and see whether its another pair of socks or an Ipod

what do you think Rodders is?? "another pair of socks or an Ipod"?

Bassey the warrior

He has potential. Has all the qualities to succeed. Still quite raw though. If he has the right attitude he will do well.