more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (22/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 22, 2012, 08:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Liverpool consider offering Adam to Fulham in bid to speed up Dempsey capture

Charlie Adam could be used as a makeweight in the deal to take Clint Dempsey from Fulham to Liverpool.

The Scotland midfielder only joined the Anfield club from Blackpool last summer but failed to make an instant impression.

Liverpool are leading the race for American Dempsey and could be convinced to include Adam, who would be further sidelined if new boss Brendan Rodgers completes a £15million move for Swansea's Joe Allen.

Plenty to ponder: Charlie Adam (right) could be set for a move to Fulham

Swans boss Michael Laudrup has a contingency plan should Allen leave for Liverpool, and says the midfielder will be allowed to decide his own future.

Laudrup made Rayo Vallecano midfielder Michu his third signing of the summer on Friday following the captures of Chico Flores and Jonathan de Guzman.

Laudrup reiterated that Swansea have yet to receive any contact from Liverpool, but has a plan in place should Allen move on.

'You always have to be one step ahead so we have to be prepared for everything,' he said.

'It's not only in this case, but with each position in the team.

'When the transfer window closes on August 31 you can breathe a sigh of relief, but you only have three or four months when people do not talk about transfers because then you look ahead to January 1. It will be the same then.

Wanted: Fulham's Clint Dempsey is a target for Liverpool

'You have to think about the present window as well as the future, which will be the winter window.

'But we obviously want to be able to have the best possible team available.'

Although Laudrup would like Allen to remain in south Wales, he insists that should an offer come in then the player would be allowed to decide whether he would welcome a move.

He said: 'I haven't spoken to Joe since I have taken over. I haven't spoken to any of the three Olympics players and we have not had any contact from Liverpool.

'I am in contact with the chairman every day. We agree that if there will be an approach then we will have to talk to the player.

'We cannot just answer 100 per cent yes or no without having talked to the player.

Transfer talk: Joe Allen (right) could link up with Brendan Rodgers again

'That's a problem because he has to concentrate on the Olympics but we will have to deal with that if and when it comes to that.

'You can force players to stay but how does that help? It doesn't work like that. It's better to find a solution that suits both parties.'

Laudrup also denied reports that Swansea have made an offer for Bolton midfielder Mark Davies.

'We have made no approach,' he said. 'He's a good player, but it is just rumours.

'I can imagine why there are these rumours because you also have the rumour about Joe Allen and Liverpool.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176842/Liverpool-offer-Charlie-Adam-Clint-Dempsey.html#ixzz21KoyMoW3

WhiteJC

Fulham and QPR target open to Premier League switch

Transfer news: Yannick Sagbo wants to move to England

Fulham and QPR target Yannick Sagbo has revealed that he wants to play in the Premier League.

The striker has performed well for French side, Evian in the past couple of years and the Whites are believed to have a strong interest in the frontman.

"I am flattered by the interest in me, but nothing is definite at the moment," he said.

"Evian have not said anything to me about moving to another club, so at this stage I can say it is rumours.

"I would love to play in the Premier League. I was linked before but nothing happened so I am relaxed about it.

"Fulham would be fantastic. They have a top manager and a good bunch of players. I could learn a lot there."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_and_qpr_target_open_to_premier_league_switch_1_1454343?

WhiteJC

BLUES FLOP TAKING A WALK ACROSS THE CAPITAL TO GET A GAME?

Chelsea's West London rivals Fulham are reported to be interested in taking Romelu Lukaku on a season long loan from their rivals.

Lukaku has struggled to assert himself on Chelsea's squad during his first season at the Bridge and it seems the club are also keen to move him out on loan to gain experience.

Fulham are keen to add to their firepower after seeing strikers Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson and Pavel Pobgrebnyak find themselves new clubs over the last few months leaving them with only Clint Dempsey – who is subject to interest from clubs – and new signings Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega as their only forward options.

However, loaning out Lukaku would leave Chelsea with only Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge as their striker options which does not seem viable for a team that wants to challenge on four fronts next season.

Chelsea are being linked with several strikers, mainly to replace the departed Didier Drogba, but surely until a replacement is signed and sealed any deal involving Lukaku should be on hold.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/07/premiership/blues-flop-taking-a-walk-across-the-capital-to-get-a-game?

WhiteJC

Brazilian Defender on Radar

Is Martin Jol looking to tighten up our defence?

That could be the case if tabloid insinuation is anything to go by.

Fulham are, along with West Ham United and Newcastle United, being linked with a move for the £3.5 million rated Douglas.

Currently on the books of FC Twente, Douglas would represent quite a capture we believe.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287729#ixzz21KqJyxMU

WhiteJC

Ivorian Keen for Cottage Stay

The news broke last week that Fulham were showing an interest in the Ivory Coast forward, Yannick Sagbo.

Well it seems that our chances of landing the 24 year-old are looking good.

Rated in the £4 million bracket, Sagbo, currently on the books of the French side Evian, has remarked about a possible switch,

"I`d love to play in the Premier League. Fulham would be fantastic."

Go get him Martin!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287730#ixzz21KqV2JDs

WhiteJC

MATCH OF THE PAST: FULHAM FC

At their picturesque home on the banks of the River Thames Fulham have long been a favourite of the television broadcasters, and today we have six matches from their archive, from the 1960s, the 1970s and the 1980s. The sixties began with the club having just been promoted to the First Division for only the second time in its history, and our first match is home match against Nottingham Forest from November 1967. The club ended the 1967/68 season being relegated from the First Division and a second successive relegation followed the next season. Our second match sees Fulham travel to Stockport County for a Third Division match from September 1969.

Our third and fourth matches are both from the teams FA Cup run of 1975, when a team captained by the former England captain Bobby Moore made it all the way to its first – and to date only – FA Cup final. First up, we have their quarter-final match, which sees the Second Division side face a daunting trip to Goodison Park to play Everton. Following this up, we have their semi-final match from Hillsborough, another match in which they started as the underdogs, this time against Birmingham City. The FA Cup run ended in disappointment, with Fulham losing at Wembley – in a match given the sobriquet of "The Friendly Final" by the press – by two goals to nil against West Ham United.

Finally, we have two matches from the 1982/83 season when, with Liverpool running away with the First Division championship, arguably unprecedented television coverage was given to a considerably tighter battle for promotion from the Second Division, in which Fulham, under the managership of the former Newcastle United and Arsenal striker Malcolm McDonald. The first of these two matches is a home match against Chelsea from April 1983, and our final match is one that went down in infamy, as Fulham travelled to The Baseball Ground to play a Derby County side which needed a result in order to avoid relegation itself. The events of that day would come to cast a pall over the end of that season.

Fulham v Notts Forest 1967
Stocport County v Fulham 1969
Everton v Fulham 1975
Fulham v Birmingham City 1975 FA Cup SF
Fulham v Chelsea 1982-83
Derby County v Fulham 1983

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=19887

WhiteJC

Liverpool FC Transfer Rumours: Reds to Swap Charlie Adam for Clint Dempsey

The Reds are desperate to add more players to their squad before the start of the Premier League and have identified Clint Dempsey as their primary target.

The Anfield club is seemingly prepared to do everything to bring Dempsey to Anfield and could even offer Charlie Adam in a swap deal for the American, according to the Daily Mail.

Adam joined Liverpool last year, but, despite leading the assist table with 11 to his name, the Scot failed to live up to Anfield's high expectations.

Dempsey, who can play either as an attacking midfielder or as a striker, enjoyed his most successful Premier League season last year, scoring 20 goals and assisting six more.

With only one year remaining on his current contract, the 29-year-old recently rejected a contract extension and the Cottagers now risk losing him for nothing next summer. Fulham will have to be reasonable and accept a smaller transfer fee for their star player.

A couple of days ago, the Liverpool FC owners, Fenway Sports Group, even reported on their official website that Dempsey had signed for Liverpool. However, the report was soon taken off, after Fulham officials confirmed that no deal has been agreed between the interested parties.

The Dempsey transfer saga continues.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1267176-liverpool-fc-transfer-rumours-the-reds-to-swap-charlie-adam-for-clint-dempsey?

WhiteJC

Johnson raring to go at QPR as striker claims contract talks halted playing time at Fulham

QPR new boy Andy Johnson is delighted to be playing again after admitting the contract situation at former club Fulham played a part in his absence towards the end of last season.

The 31-year-old linked-up with former Whites boss Mark Hughes at Loftus Road this summer, having come to the end of his deal at Craven Cottage.

Raring: Andy Johnson said his absence at the end of last season was in part down to stuttering contract talks

Johnson's last appearance for Fulham came in a 3-0 home defeat to Swansea in March after an adductor injury ruled him out of the Cottagers' remaining fixtures.

However, speaking after QPR's 5-0 win over Kelantan in Kuala Lumpur, the striker suggested it was his contract situation as opposed to injury status that ruled him out.

Johnson said: 'It was important to get some more game time under my belt.

'It's really important for me to get that time on the pitch because we've all had eight weeks off, and I didn't play the last four or five weeks of last season because of my situation with contracts and stuff, so I am delighted to be getting back out there again.

Happy: Johnson (left) is glad he left Craven Cottage

'Now I just need to get the first goal under my belt and then I can kick on from there.'

Johnson is one of the six acquisitions made by QPR so far this summer and believes his new club can kick on after securing survival last season.

'I have settled in brilliantly,' he said. 'The new signings are fantastic, and go well with the great players that are already here.

'The squad have made the likes of myself, Ji-Sung Park, Rob Green, Fabio and all the new lads feel very welcome.

'It feels like a great squad. There is a great togetherness already and an excellent atmosphere around the place.

'I think it is going to be a great season for QPR.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176895/Andy-Johnson-raring-QPR.html#ixzz21KsOFspC

WhiteJC

Twente unsure over Douglas
FC Twente chairman Joop Munsterman admits he is unsure whether Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham target Douglas wants to leave the club.

Newcastle have made an offer for the Brazilian-born 24-year-old, who is close to securing Dutch citizenship.

Premier League rivals Fulham and West Ham have also been linked with a bid for Douglas, while reports in Holland claim Aston Villa and Wolfsburg shelved interest earlier in the summer.

Douglas, however, appeared to muddy the waters earlier in the week when he said that he was unaware of an offer from Newcastle and that he wanted to stay at Twente.

Munsterman, though, appears to be becoming a little exasperated by the situation after conceding he does not know what either Newcastle or Douglas are looking for.

"It is unclear what Newcastle United and Douglas want exactly," Munsterman told De Telegraaf.

"Douglas says he wants to leave one week and the next week he wants to stay."

http://www.football365.com/west-ham/7924712/Twente-unsure-over-Douglas?

WhiteJC

Petric on target again as Fulham draw

Kaiserslautern 2 Fulham 2

Summer signing Mladen Petric scored twice as Fulham came back from two down in a pre-season friendly in Weingarten that was temporarily halted by a thunderstorm.

Early goals from Ilian Micanski and Albert Bunjaku put Kaiserslautern in control before Croatian striker Petric exchanged passes with Marcello Trotta and finished coolly.

After play was suspended for seven minutes early in the second half, Fulham pressed for an equaliser and got it when Petric nipped in to score following great work on the flank by Alex Kacaniklic.

The goalscoring form of Petric, who also netted against Lokomotiv Leipzig on Wednesday, is an encouraging sign for Whites boss Martin Jol.

Jol has also been boosted by the return of Bryan Ruiz, who started a game for the first time since breaking his foot three months ago.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/petric-on-target8-again-as8-fulham-draw?

WhiteJC

Kaiserslautern 2 Fulham 2: New boy Petric at the double as Whites come from behind

Fulham new boy Mladen Petric scored twice as Martin Jol's side came back from 2-0 down to force a draw with German side Kaiserslautern in Weingarten - in a game that was temporarily halted by a lightening.

The German side raced to an early two goal advantage thanks to goals from Ilian Micanski and Albert Bunjaku after just 14 minutes but before half time Croatian striker Petric exchanged passes with Marcello Trotta and finished coolly to half the deficit.

Good impression: Mladen Petric has scored three goals in two pre-season games for Fulham

After play was suspended for seven minutes early in the second half, Fulham pressed for an equaliser and got it when Petric nipped in to score following great work on the flank by youngster Alex Kacaniklic.

The goalscoring form of Petric, who also netted against Lokomotiv Leipzig on Wednesday, is an encouraging sign for Fulham boss Jol.

Jol was also boosted by the return of Bryan Ruiz, who started a game for the first time since breaking his foot three months ago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176974/Kaiserslautern-2-Fulham-2-Mladen-Petric-nets-twice.html#ixzz21KtYLjyd

WhiteJC

Pleased To Be Back

Steve Sidwell admits he feared his career was over last season - so you can forgive the Fulham midfielder for feeling on top of the world after staying as sharp as anybody during the Whites' tour of Germany.

The 29-year-old was introduced at half-time as Martin Jol's side fought back to draw 2-2 with Kaiserslautern in Weingarten, and featured in both other pre-season games with HB Køge and Lokomotive Leipzig.

Before this week, his last appearance in Fulham colours was against West Bromwich Albion in February, when a persistent hernia problem began to torment him towards the brink of retirement.

But Sidwell never gave up on his recovery and finally feels the decision has been vindicated after coming through three games relatively unscathed, barring a minor knock earlier in the week.

"It was a really dark time for me last season. I felt like I'd never kick a ball again," said Sidwell to fulhamfc.com. "I'm feeling all good now, all good, and I'm just really pleased to be back out on the pitch.

"Just to be back with the lads and just training has been great. Getting game time has been another good thing. I got a little knock on the first game but other than that, I was fine.

"That's what friendlies are for - you get a few knocks here and there and you just get on with it and it's good to come through it feeling like this."

After going down to two early Kaiserslautern goals, the Whites hit back through Mladen Petric's 20th minute chip and the Croatian striker completed the comeback to level the scores on 66 minutes.

That strike made it three goals in three appearances in Germany, and Sidwell is convinced he can seen all the signs of a Premier League marksman in Petric.

"I thought we improved in the second half and played some good football around the time we got the equaliser," added Sidwell.

"Mladen took the goals well and was looking very good, he's a very clever player and he has fit in well straight from the off.

"Obviously, Premier League games are completely different from pre-season friendlies, but hopefully at the start of the season he is banging them in just like that."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/PleasedToBeBack.aspx?

WhiteJC

Forget the recession... football shirt deals up to £147m

The combined shirt sponsorship income of the Premier League's 20 clubs has jumped 25 per cent to £147million for next season.

The £30m increase in sponsorship revenues reconfirms the strength of the Premier League as a product, allowing clubs to benefit despite uncertain economic conditions.

The headline total could have been higher if deals such as United's training kit deal with DHL were included. It is thought that deal was worth in the region of £10m a year to the Old Trafford club when signed last season.

Deal: Manchester City's sponsorship with Etihad Airways is worth £20m per season

Tottenham also received an additional £5m a year from Investec as shirt sponsor for all cup games over the past two seasons. The north Londoners are in discussions to extend the arrangement.

The biggest financial leaps this season have come from clubs in the north-east, with Sunderland and Newcastle both successfully negotiating lucrative new deals.

Sunderland recently signed a staggering £20 m-a-year agreement with Invest in Africa, a deal as lucrative as the highest deals enjoyed by Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool. The deal means an extra £19m a year for the club.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has overseen an uplift of £7.5m a year after thrashing out a £10m-a-year deal with Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Money after Virgin bought the previous sponsor, Northern Rock.

West Bromwich, Stoke, Norwich and QPR have improved their deals this season, and the overall total is boosted as the three newcomers to the Premier League — West Ham, Reading and Southampton — will earn a little more combined for their shirt deals (£3.2m) than the three relegated clubs, Bolton, Wolves and Blackburn (£1.85m together) last season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2177011/Football-shirt-sponsorship-deals-rise-combined-total-147m.html#ixzz21KuOOPN0

WhiteJC

Carroll will fly out to US to link up with Liverpool team-mates on tour

Liverpool's £35million record signing Andy Carroll will join his team-mates on pre-season tour in the US on Monday despite continuing uncertainty about his future.

New Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers will consider offers around £20million but none of Carroll's suitors - West Ham, Newcastle and Fulham - have  matched the price.

So he will fly out to join the rest of the squad with his five England colleagues, who were given a week's extra rest after Euro 2012.

Holiday's over: Andy Carroll will rejoin his team-mates

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2177075/Andy-Carroll-fly-join-Liverpool-tour.html#ixzz21Kv2JRXP

WhiteJC

Team Bonding
by LYDIA on JULY 22, 2012

One of the most exciting things about Fulham's pre-season so far for me has been the building up of good team spirit. If you, like me, have been following what the team has gotten up to in Germany you will have seen the pictures of some white water rafting and even some football-tennis tournaments (there is a very amusing video here) – all things that can help improve the relationships within the team. Unrest within the changing room, whether that is among the players or the staff, can cause problems on the pitch. We have our very own example of this with Bobby Zamora. He obviously didn't get on with Jol and it seems that the whole team reacted badly to this on the pitch, which is somewhere where players are supposed to be able to block everything out! It is also sad that Andy Johnson has come out and said that he didn't quite see eye to eye with Jol in terms of his best position. I have gotten to the stage now where I trust Jol's decision in shaking up the team a bit but there were times, particularly around Christmas and the January transfer window were I was feeling uneasy about the Jol-Fulham fit. Although I want to make it clear that I now see that Jol has a plan and I am willing to trust that plan.

White Water rafting requires team work but is great fun!

The expectation on players to block everything out and focus on one thing, the football, to me is very unrealistic. Players need the support of the fans, and managers certainly don't need the incredible amount of pressure often placed on them. An example of this can be found with Blackburn. The treatment Steve Kean got was shocking. It had an effect on the players and we saw what result that brought about!

Having a whole set of supporters calling for the managers head did not help Blackburn in any way

So to bring it back to Fulham you can see why I get excited when I see the team getting along and having fun in Germany. The better the relationships off the pitch, the easier it will be for the team to bond when on it. I have played on teams before were the relationships off the pitch haven't been great (and trust me, that puts it lightly!) and I can tell you that it makes the game a lot harder to play and therefore a lot harder to win. Getting the team to do a lot of team-building and bonding activities can only be a good thing for Fulham when it comes to the season ahead. I don't know about you but following the team through pre-season and seeing the team bond well is just getting me very excited about the start of the season.

COYW

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/07/team-bonding/?

WhiteJC

Should Romelu Lukaku Go To Fulham?

The Sun are currently reporting that Fulham have picked up Romelu Lukaku on a season-long loan deal in what might be the least convincing article ever published -- 22 words for a fairly major, apparently exclusive story ain't going to cut it without quotes, boys. Anyway, let's assume that the Sun claiming something is done make it at least a semi-believable rumour. Does a spell at Craven Cottage make sense for Lukaku?

I believe, in general, that a loan for the teenager is a good idea. There are two main qualifiers to that:

The league must be at a sufficient level to force Lukaku's continued development.
There must be a reasonable expectation that Lukaku would get significantly more playing time at the loan club than he would at Chelsea.

How do Fulham fit?

Obviously, test number one is passed with flying colours. The Premier League is probably the most challenging in Europe, week in and week out, and having him stay in England means no potential adjustment period later. It's test two that's more interesting. What's the situation at Fulham right now?

Last year, Fulham fielded the following players who could be classed as 'natural' centre forwards: Pavel Pogrebnyak, Bobby Zamora, Andy Johnson and Orlando Sa. All four have left. They have the option of playing Bryan Ruiz or even Clint Dempsey up top, but neither is an entirely sensible fit. Coming in to replace the four departed strikers is Hugo Rodallega, who spent last season being pretty bad for Wigan Athletic. Update: I forgot about Mladen Petric, brought in from Hamburg! I don't think he's good, but you might think he's good. Opinions are great!

Given the competition, I wouldn't think that Lukaku would have much trouble becoming a regular for Martin Jol's side. I could certainly see him failing at Fulham, but that would be a function of him not playing as well as he could rather than being outclassed by pre-established players. It would also provide the Cottagers with a cheap option to either increase their non-existent depth at the position or to start, depending on how good you think Lukaku is now (I'm leaning towards 'better than Rodallega', but your mileage may vary).

So a loan deal would seem to make sense for both clubs and the player. Reasonable enough. If it does happen, though, Chelsea will need to make a move for a guy capable of backing up Fernando Torres -- or supplanting him in the Stamford Bridge pecking order.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/22/3174791/romelu-lukaku-fulham-loan?

WhiteJC

Manchester United Transfer News: Is Moussa Dembele Making a Move to United?

Paul Gilham/Getty Images

Manchester United have reportedly added Fulham's Moussa Dembele to their ever-growing list of potential midfield transfer targets.

Given the frustration that the Red Devils are currently experiencing trying to sign Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo over the summer transfer window, they are believed to have rekindled their interests in Dembele—hoping to add further depth to their already-strong midfield.

Per The People (h/t Daily Mirror):

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Fulham's Moussa Dembele and believe they can land the Belgian star before the start of the season.

It is believed that Fulham are aware of Sir Alex Ferguson's desire to sign Dembele, who shone for Fulham last season after being moved from a second striker's role into the centre of midfield.

The speculation does come at an interesting time for both United and the Cottagers, who are both already heavily involved in a high-prority transfer signing.

As mentioned, United are desperately trying to bring teenage sensation Lucas Moura to Old Trafford for next season but have had several offers knocked back by the club. It seems that they will have to offer a transfer fee in the vicinity of £30 million if they are to land Moura, according to Goal.

On the other hand, Fulham are also hoping to keep hold of their American star Clint Dempsey, who is believed to be a high-priority transfer signing for Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, via The Telegraph.

With both of those two already in motion, United's move for Dembele, therefore, might not be as crazy as it first read.

Ian Walton/Getty Images
Fulham may well have to choose between keeping Dempsey or Dembele next season, and if it comes down to that choice, the decision to take Dempsey is an absolute no-brainer. The Cottagers are also rumored to be chasing French midfielder Alou Diarra, who could become a replacement for Dembele in their midfield.

Should United's quest for Moura also fail to produce anything, they may well be better served turning their attention—and bank balance—towards adding talent and depth to their squad.

Dembele is rumored to be worth around £15 million—half the amount that United are believed to be spending on Moura—and would therefore free up more funds to bring in another midfielder or even Leighton Baines from Everton.

Manchester United's interest in Moussa Dembele might seem strange, but it could turn out to be a very safe insurance blanket by Sir Alex Ferguson.

It gives them cover, should any deal with Moura fall through, and still allows them to add talent and depth to their midfield—all without breaking the bank.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1267694-manchester-united-transfer-news-is-moussa-dembele-making-a-move-to-united?

WhiteJC

Liverpool Transfer News: Clint Dempsey Would Make Reds a Contender

Liverpool is looking to improve upon its 2011-12 season by making some offseason moves to strengthen the starting eleven.

Clint Dempsey may be their answer at midfield.

The 29-year-old American midfielder scored 23 goals in all competition play last season for Fulham, leading the team in scoring.

With Steven Gerrard returning from injury and Luis Suarez returning as the leading scorer with 11 goals last year, Dempsey's scoring ability would receive a warm welcome at Anfield.

As the Reds continue to pursue a coveted spot in the Champions League, they need to bolster their attack and add some big-time scoring threats, starting with their midfield presence.

With Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City all bringing in top talent over the past few years, Liverpool has struggled to remain a contender among the top-ranked teams.

There is absolutely no reason why the Reds cannot add a few key players this summer and emerge as one of the teams to beat in the Premier League for 2012-13.

Dempsey is getting older, but he is reaching the peak of his game and is constantly proving his worth as a top talent in European soccer.

If the Reds can pair a healthy Gerrard with Dempsey in their midfield next season, these two players alone should be able to provide an offensive boost that the team is so desperately in need of.

Sources have reported, via goal.com, that Charlie Adam could be dealt in a move to bring Dempsey to Anfield for the 2012-13 season.
Adam did not live up to expectations last season for the Reds, scoring just six goals in 27 appearance.

Liverpool is dedicated to putting a highly competitive team on the field and reclaiming a top spot in the Premier League as soon as possible.

Reds fans should remain hopeful that they'll see a rejuvenated Liverpool squad step on the pitch at Anfield next season.

Hopefully that new-look squad will feature the talented Clint Dempsey at midfield.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1267712-liverpool-transfer-news-clint-dempsey-will-make-reds-a-contender?

WhiteJC

Fergie's Moussa call: United in Dembele link

Fulham will ask £15m for midfielder who is also on Arsenal's radar

Crunch time: Moussa Dembele tackles Scott Parker while on Belgian duty

This story is taken from The People. Read more at People.co.uk

Manchester United have stepped up their interest in Fulham's Moussa Dembele and believe they can land the Belgium star before the start of the season.

It is believed that Fulham are aware of Sir Alex Ferguson's desire to sign Dembele, who shone for Fulham last season after being moved from a second striker's role into the centre of midfield.

Fergie's interest in the player was exclusively revealed by People Sport in March and we also told you that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been closely monitoring the player.

The Cottagers will demand at least £15million for the 25-year-old but United seem willing to make a substantial offer.

Bizarrely, Fulham signed a teenage striker also called Moussa Dembele, from Paris St Germain this week.

But boss Martin Jol now fears losing both of his key attacking players this summer, with Clint Dempsey poised to join Liverpool for £10m.

Meanwhile, Jol is keen on Marseille's 31-year-old midfielder Alou Diarra... but only if he can nab the France midfielder him on a free.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/moussa-dembele-linked-with-manchester-united-1152800