watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can someone ease the pain

Started by mrpimlico, July 22, 2012, 10:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpimlico

If you'd had asked me my hopes for the new season a month or so ago,I would have said for Dembele to still be with us come September 1st. Sadly, I fear I might not get this wish and I'm utterly gutted.

So, let me ask you all. Does Dembele flatter to deceive? Does he look good but not actually add much?
I think I probably know the answers.

It would appear that Frei & kacalancic (??) are going to play a key role this season. For someone that has been crying out for ffc to get some exciting youngsters in, I am pleased. I just hope that Rodalegga isn't our super signing for this season.

Oh, one more thing, isn't about time we got some players in with names we could spell. You knew where you were with Bullivant, Gale, Strong & Money etc

Lighthouse

If Dembele stays he is a great, skilful player who can turn the game with one touch of brilliance.

If he goes, he is an overrated, one touch too many player, who can't finish or pass and runs into trouble.

Think that about covers it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 22, 2012, 10:23:24 AM
If Dembele stays he is a great, skilful player who can turn the game with one touch of brilliance.

If he goes, he is an overrated, one touch too many player, who can't finish or pass and runs into trouble.

Yep about sums it up
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

zzamora

+1

Well said.

bigglesfc

On the other side of the coin, would you rather he stayed and ran his contract down and went for a 'free' this time next year, or get say 15M for him now to reinvest in the team?  I am sure we would all prefer he stayed and signed a new contract but this will always happen to a club like Fulham who can't compete with the "big" clubs on wages etc.  I am sure he would not be let go without a backup plan..unless those mugs at Manure offer on the last day of the window. 

Burt

Eloquently put by Mr Lighthouse!

VicHalomsLovechild

What if we keep him and let him run his contract down. He's going to want to play and play well to attract a big club next season and in so doing helps us to a good finishing position and maybe a final ? Would you settle for that ?????

ElissonSnygg

That actually helped  :047:
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Terry Angus

dembele is technically our best player. fact, definitely. i regularly argue about fulham with fans of other teams and both their and my view is that dempsey delivers the most goals/points, which arguably makes him our best player in that respect, which is probably the most important respect, since that's what you play for: goals/points. but dempsey achieves that by working hard against sh1t teams, putting his head in dangerous places and so on...basically by grafting. when we're up against man u, chelsea etc, dempsey is frankly useless, because he doesn't have the skills in his locker to do anything against players of that calibre. dembele, on the other hand, can be a game changer whoever you're playing. we could be playing real madrid, and when dembele gets the ball, you know there's still a chance he will just skip past two or three of their players and completely open them up. for that reason, i personally think dembele is harder to replace, will go on to better things, and i'll be incredibly gutted when he goes.

jelmo

Didnt dempsey score twice against chelsea home an away last season though?

itombomb

Quote from: jelmo on July 22, 2012, 01:00:34 PM
Didnt dempsey score twice against chelsea home an away last season though?
And over the last 2 years he's hardly scored any goals against other top 6 sides (hat-trick against a hobbled Newcastle virtually the extent of it).

Dembele is with Hangeland our best player. If he goes I will be devastated and he will still be an outstanding footballer.

Dempsey is a very good player, but his contribution will be replacable within our budget, maybe not by one player, but certainly by a couple with an alteration in the system (ie giving our no.10 that free role instead of our left winger). A guy as good as Dembele wouldn't be anywhere near affordable.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: itombomb on July 22, 2012, 01:13:17 PM

Dempsey is a very good player, but his contribution will be replacable

Ladies and Gentleman, the demolition has begun.

itombomb

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 22, 2012, 01:18:58 PM

Nice of you to selectively quote.

I've only just registered here, but I was personally an advocate of selling Dempsey in January.

We aren't going to get a wing/attacking midfielder who will score 15 goals. We are well capable of getting more goals from up top and having a wing/attacking midfielder who will contribute more assists with more discipline.

Dempsey has also slowed down a lot in the last 18 months and will only get slower.

He is currently our 3rd best player. I don't think that is damning him with feint praise.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: itombomb on July 22, 2012, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 22, 2012, 01:18:58 PM

Nice of you to selectively quote.

I've only just registered here, but I was personally an advocate of selling Dempsey in January.

We aren't going to get a wing/attacking midfielder who will score 15 goals. We are well capable of getting more goals from up top and having a wing/attacking midfielder who will contribute more assists with more discipline.

Dempsey has also slowed down a lot in the last 18 months and will only get slower.

He is currently our 3rd best player. I don't think that is damning him with feint praise.

are you referring to his pace? he's never been that quick.

MasterHaynes

I'm still hoping that Dembele signs a one year extension, so far there has been more to think he may stay than go. He admits himself that he is not the finished article and needs to improve and feels he could do this at Fulham, he came out and declared he owes it the 'gaffer' to stay. On tour he seems happy and interacting well with all the other players. If we get a huge bid and he has not signed the 1 yr extension we would be foolish not to take it but Dembele seems well grounded and could well think his career might be better served with 1 more year with us.

HatterDon

Quote from: Terry Angus on July 22, 2012, 12:40:17 PM
dembele is technically our best player. fact, definitely. i regularly argue about fulham with fans of other teams and both their and my view is that dempsey delivers the most goals/points, which arguably makes him our best player in that respect, which is probably the most important respect, since that's what you play for: goals/points. but dempsey achieves that by working hard against sh1t teams, putting his head in dangerous places and so on...basically by grafting. when we're up against man u, chelsea etc, dempsey is frankly useless, because he doesn't have the skills in his locker to do anything against players of that calibre. dembele, on the other hand, can be a game changer whoever you're playing. we could be playing real madrid, and when dembele gets the ball, you know there's still a chance he will just skip past two or three of their players and completely open them up. for that reason, i personally think dembele is harder to replace, will go on to better things, and i'll be incredibly gutted when he goes.

In an interview either last season or the one before, Clint was asked who was Fulham's most technical player. He said Moussa. Works for me. He has mad skills and, at times, absolutely maddening application of them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel