watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Over and Out

Started by CorkedHat, July 22, 2012, 10:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

This is sad news, John. I hope you will still do us the honour of writing a New Year's poem? All the best for your recovery!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

RidgeRider

John, all I can say is I will pray that you find a way through this latest bout of ill health. You have always been a main stay of my time on this board and still recall when I first starting reading and posting on this board I was constantly confused with 'who was who' between you and CorkCity. Being from across the big pond and knowing very little about Fulham, I thought perhaps every Fulham fan had strange fascination with Corks or the other possibility was we had a large fan base in Ireland........silly but I did wonder why.

After several weeks I finally sorted it out but as I think about you removing yourself from this board I can't help but think about how far back your influence on this board goes and how much I will miss your ramblings an observations. No matter, your influence will remain with me well beyond your time on this board and I hope it ok to check in with you on email.

Do take care and remain hopeful,

Jack

Delboy

What is Corked Hats book called, I meant to purchase it when it came out but blah blah blah didn't get round to it. May be a good time to push it for him. Stay strong CH.

Burt

Burt

Interestingly one of the 3 reviewers on Amazon is from "Finn" - I am assuming that must be our very own Mr Finnster01, bless him  9739.gif

Delboy

Thanks Burt, ordered.

Andy_M

Sorry to hear of your ill health, but look forward to seeing your posts even if they are less frequent then they have been.
@got_maile

HatterDon

And he has a novel called "Shadow of a Winter's Sun" that I can HIGHLY recommend.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Sheepskin Junior

John I always have and always will be looking out for your posts.
I can't really put into words how much I've enjoyed your stuff on here.
Louie
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

LBNo11

...I remember, many years ago, on the old,old (old?) offal that someone posted something that was treated with derision by a couple of trolls, I made a comment in his defence and a friendship developed into a strong bond that is enjoyed by other mutual friends. Over the years your poems and your thoughts and memories have been posted on the Fulham message boards and have served to be an education, to myself and no doubt others.

I am truly saddened that you will post less frequently for these reasons, I know that you have in you that will to teach others and I sincerely hope that when your health returns that a new term will begin.

I know this is not goodbye but au revoir, so, until soon - Ed
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Tonywa

Very, very best of luck mate.  Hope you're around for a good while yet and continuing to enjoy the finest period in the history of our beloved team.   Like you I livd life to the full (and then a bit) when I was a youngster and although still in my fifties find it's catching up with me a bit already. Also like you I don't regret a minute of it and reckon that I probably lived more between the ages of twenty and forty than most do in a whole lifetime.  Anyway here's to you and many more years of supporting Fulham  COYW!!!

Kent Cassandra

I am not a prolific poster John but read this forum most days.  I read your book and you would be amazed how similar our lives have panned out. I am a few years older than you but recognise your early days with your family, evacuation to South Wales, Business, football, poetry and writing.
Luckily drinking alcohol made me violently sick so I had to find other ways to live life to the full.
From what you say in your post this does not seem like a terminal situation, and I hope that your luck holds out for many years yet.  From the other posts I have read it seems that you are very well thought of and respected, the sort of bloke that I could have got on with. Maybe in a parrallell world eh.   In my RAF days 'Over and out' meant 'Until the next time'.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Did some one upset you ???
Do you want me to fight them ???

I got a very nice lightweight baseball bat, I am supposed to keep under my bed,  it seems all the members of the Bowls Club  have one. I did try to point out to them that keeping it under the bed wasn't the smarted move...............as most of them are so ossified when the leave the club house, trying to reached the bat could result in a broken neck.  They just smiled at me ...................so I am not sure if they are deaf or I missed the point and a bat under the bed had a whole different meaning  089.gif 

Like Boyo I don't really know what to say ...................... but keep well,and be nice to yourself    

CorkedHat

First of all, may I thank you all for your kind messages – they are most appreciated.
I promised to return occasionally to this MB to keep you informed of the Finn Christensen Award for Creative Writing;
I am pleased to report that I am well enough to officially launch this Award at the Rupanyup Primary School on Tuesday next at 10am.
The Principal has suggested that we divide the Award into two age groups and that the kids be allowed to illustrate their entries if they so desire.
The Launch will provide me with the opportunity to tell them about a warm, passionate man, admired by so many. I think Finn would have approved of this project – I do hope so.
PS  Nobody has upset me Ms K, but if I wanted someone in my corner, you'd be my first pick

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Burt