more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (23/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 23, 2012, 04:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Finding Manchester United's interest in Moussa Dembele hard to believe

The Mirror does an excellent job copying and pasting a rumour from The People this morning, and they've returned to a transfer window favourite – linking Moussa Dembele with a move to Manchester United.

Is it going to happen? No, unlikely.

As everybody knows now, United's principle focus this Summer is on Lucas Moura – and rightly so, because the Brazilian would be a genuine difference-maker for the club and would narrow the perceived quality gap between them and Manchester City.

Moussa Dembele, not so much. He's a good player, and would be a great addition for a solid top-6 side, but he's not equipped to be influential in a title race, and that's the criteria with which Sir Alex Ferguson must be shopping now.

Plus, of course, the player is already on-record as saying that he wants to stay at Fulham for at least another year. The Mirror'/People's piece is the normal no quotes, no evidence affair, but what really undermines it is that United don't need Dembele. Shinji Kagawa has already upgraded the attacking side of midfield, Tom Cleverly is back from injury, and if Lucas joins, then that's a full complement.

Don't see it, there's no logic here – he wouldn't really improve United.

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/finding-manchester-uniteds-interest-in-moussa-dembele-hard-to-believe/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=finding-manchester-uniteds-interest-in-moussa-dembele-hard-to-believe

WhiteJC

If He`s Free!

Now I know the purse strings have to be watched and I know that free transfers represent a huge bargain, but can Martin Jol pull off another one?

The Dutchman has this knack of bring free-transfers in that can do the business and it seems that the Dutchman has his eyes on another target.

This time around it is the French midfielder Alou Diarra.

Currently on the books of Marseille, Jol is hoping t persuade the French club to let him leave on a free transfer.

Let`s hope his powers of persuasion are good.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287796#ixzz21PeV8ziN

WhiteJC

Man Utd now target Fulham midfielder.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 - Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager has identified Belgium and Fulham midfielder, Moussa Dembele as a potential transfer target.

Ferguson must find cover for Darren Fletcher who has a long term illness and England midfielder, Tom Cleverly who has become prone to injuries. 

Manchester United  have made reclaiming the Premier League title from arch-rivals Manchester City their top priority and Dembele has emerged as one of the potential acquisitions to spruce up the Red Devils' midfield.

The 24-year-old Belgium midfielder has made a huge impression since his £5m move from AZ Alkmaar in 2010 and he has been a revelation for the Cottagers ever since he was assigned a deeper role in the middle of the pack.

The Cottagers are thought to demand at least £15million for the 25-year-old  who was arguably their best performer last season.

Fulham boss, Martin Jol has a tough balancing act up his sleeve since he is faced with the prospect of losing both his key attacking players this summer, with Clint Dempsey heavily linked with a move away to Liverpool.

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/07/man-utd-now-target-fulham-midfielder.html?

WhiteJC

Sidwell relieved to be back
I felt like I'd never kick a ball again, admits Fulham midfielder

Steve Sidwell: Relieved to be back to full fitness after hernia problems

Steve Sidwell feared his career was over last season but the Fulham midfielder has battled back to fitness in pre-season.

Sidwell joined Fulham from Aston Villa in January 2011 but was plagued by a persistent hernia complaint for much of his first full season at Craven Cottage.

The former Chelsea player recovered sufficiently to play 45 minutes in Saturday's friendly draw with Kaiserslautern as well as Fulham's two previous pre-season games.

But the 29-year-old admits the injury was difficult to deal with.

"It was a really dark time for me last season. I felt like I'd never kick a ball again," Sidwell told Fulham's official website.

"I'm feeling all good now, all good, and I'm just really pleased to be back out on the pitch.

"Just to be back with the lads and just training has been great. Getting game time has been another good thing. I got a little knock on the first game but other than that, I was fine.

"That's what friendlies are for - you get a few knocks here and there and you just get on with it and it's good to come through it feeling like this."

Improved

Martin Jol's side went two goals down to Kaiserslautern before new signing Mladen Petric produced a classy brace to level the scores.

The 31-year-old free transfer signing from Hamburg has netted three goals in pre-season and Sidwell is encouraged by what he has seen from the Croatian striker.

"I thought we improved in the second half and played some good football around the time we got the equaliser," added Sidwell.

"Mladen took the goals well and was looking very good, he's a very clever player and he has fit in well straight from the off.

"Obviously, Premier League games are completely different from pre-season friendlies, but hopefully at the start of the season he is banging them in just like that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/7926567?

WhiteJC

Losing Dempsey will hurt Fulham, but QPR look strong

Fulham will lose Clint Dempsey to Liverpool and that will be a loss ahead of the new season.

The Cottagers are 1500/1 to win the Premier League, 12/1 to be relegated, 16s to finish in the top six and 7/4 to finish in the top 10.

We continue to bet on top London club in 2012/13:
Chelsea 8/11
Arsenal 9/4
Spurs 7/2
Fulham 66/1
QPR 250/1
West Ham 300/1

Fulham boss Martin Jol has plenty of quality players at his disposal.

QPR are 2500/1 to win the title, 9/2 to be relegated and 7/2 to finish in the top half.

It looks a very poor division and we have fielded a few bets for Rangers to finish in the top 10.

If Djibril Cisse, Bobby Zamora and Jay Bothroyd fire then I think they can sneak into that top half.

I really can't imagine why Manchester City are even-money favourites for the title with us at BetVictor.

Yes they won the league, but it was courtesy of two goals scored in added time in the last game at home to 10-man Rangers.

I'm beginning to get excited by Chelsea's chances for the 2012/13 season.

The signings of Eden Hazard and Marko Marin will provide flair and pace and there are reports that either Donetsk winger Willian or fellow Brazilian Hulk will be added to their 'roster', as the Liverpool owners would say.

Chelsea are 9/2 with Manchester United 13/5 and it is surely only a three-horse race, with Spurs likely to flatter to deceive once again and Arsenal and Liverpool not good enough.

We at BetVictor bet 13/2 for Manchester United and Chelsea to finish first and second in any order and that looks just too big even if City flex their financial muscle and buy Robin van Persie.

Can you imagine trying to keep Tevez, Balotelli, van Persie and Dzeko happy?

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/losing-dempsey-will-hurt-fulham-but-qpr-look-strong

WhiteJC

Those Lukaku Rumours

Now it may just be lazy journalism or a hack with a few column inches to spare, but that rumour is in our faces again.

But before we all decide that we need to go out and learn something about the expensive teenager who has yet to make an impression, I`ll point out that nothing concrete has come from either camp on the possibility of the loan move actually happening, it is still all rumour!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287805#ixzz21PflOLBw

WhiteJC

One In, One Out!

Whilst the grapevine is inferring that we may lose Moussa Dembele, there will still be a Moussa Dembele at Craven Cottage.

Now you might think I`m going mad (I often think I`m well down the route to that fate) but that is the case.

You see it slipped under our radar that, last week, Fulham acquired another player called Moussa Demebele when they picked up a teenage striker of that name from Paris St Germain!

Strange but true!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287806#ixzz21Pfv8bCE

WhiteJC

Dembele Blow?

Once again the tabloid press is full of rumours relating to a player exiting Craven Cottage.

This time around it is our Belgian sensation Moussa Dembele.

According tot eh tabloid press Dembele is once again on the radar of Manchester United as they seek to bolster their squad to try and wrestle the title back from their rivals City.

As for a fee, that figure of £15 million seems remarkably consistent.

Will Dembele go?

My bones are saying quite possibly!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287807#ixzz21PgAdD94

WhiteJC

Dembele Old Trafford Bound?

One Sunday tabloid has United resurrecting an interest in Moussa Dembele, of Fulham.

The Belgian international has attracted the attention of several Premier League sides since slightly adjusting his playing position to that of behind the striker.

The tabloid is so certain that Sir Alex Ferguson will get his man that they reckon a £15 million deal will be done before the season starts.

Let`s just wait and see shall we!

Read more: http://www.manchesterunited.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=287811#ixzz21PgImK4y

WhiteJC

Clint Dempsey: American Is Missing Piece to Make Liverpool Contenders

Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

After a 2011-2012 English Premier League season in which Liverpool finished in eighth place and was 11th in goals scored, The Reds are in desperate need of some added offensive punch, and the club may well have found some in a player from a country that isn't exactly known as a soccer hotbed.

A transfer that would send 29-year-old American Clint Dempsey from Fulham to Liverpool appears to be in the works and could be completed in the next few days. The move may also involve a swap that would send Charlie Adam to the Cottagers in return.

Nothing is definite at this point, however, as Fulham has denied that any agreement has been reached, telling the Daily Mirror that Dempsey "is not for sale and that they hope to tie the 29-year-old to a new deal."

However, there's been an awful lot of smoke here, and generally that indicates that there's a fire nearby. New Liverpool coach Brendan Rogers was somewhat evasive in regards to the potential acquisition of Dempsey, relaying to the Daily Mail only that the team has some interest in him.

"Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that," said Rodgers. "Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is. That is where we're at. He's a very talented player, but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."

However, assuming that at some point this transfer is completed, it would appear to be a great move for The Reds. Adam was a huge disappointment last year at Anfield, falling out of favor after scoring only six goals in 27 appearances.

Clint Dempsey 2011/2012 Season Review
Dempsey, on the other hand, led Fulham last year with 23 goals. It may not be reasonable to expect Dempsey to approach that number again for the Reds, but he would not only provide Liverpool with some added scoring punch, he would add versatility to the lineup as well, given that he's capable of playing both midfielder and striker.

With the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the Manchester powerhouses all spending money hand over fist to acquire top talent, it's become an uphill struggle for clubs like Liverpool to assemble a side that not only can compete in the English Premier League, but also can advance to take part in the UEFA Champions League.

That makes it essential that the Reds capitalize on any opportunity that presents itself for the club to get better, and a Dempsey-for-Adam swap would certainly seem to be a step in the right direction in that regard.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1268235-clint-dempsey-american-is-missing-piece-to-make-liverpool-contenders?

WhiteJC

Chelsea Transfer News: Romelu Lukaku Joins Fulham on Loan

Ian Walton/Getty Images

Fulham have swooped and picked up a surprising signing over the transfer window, reportedly agreeing to a one-year loan deal with Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku.

Lukaku had previously indicated (via The Daily Mail) that he would like to leave Stamford Bridge should he not receive adequate minutes on the pitch this season.

The arrival of Eden Hazard and the probable arrival of Oscar have all but ensured that he won't be starting this season—meaning that a loan or permanent move somewhere was imminent.

Fulham then, after stating their interest to sign the young striker on loan, via The Daily Mail, became an ideal landing destination for Lukaku, who has reportedly agreed upon a one-year deal with the club.

Per The Sun.

"Fulham have swooped for Chelsea's $18 million striker Romelu Lukaku on a seaon-long loan.

The Belgian, 19, made just one league start last season."

Whilst obviously not ideal, a loan deal to Fulham would seemingly be the best available option for Chelsea who, no doubt, still want to keep their young starlet.

Lukaku has the potential to become one of the top strikers in the English Premier League and the Blues would love him to be making his name at Stamford Bridge. They just can't find any room for him in their squad at the present time.

Loaning him out to a club like Fulham—who are unlikely to attract much long-term interest from Lukaku and are most likely unable to pay the $20 million required to sign him permanently—is therefore a logical move by Chelsea.

The loan move should also protect them from seeing their striker go off to the Italian or Spanish leagues on a permanent deal.

Chelsea are known for not playing their youth players and, whilst you can't argue too much with the policy—they did, after all, win the UEFA Champions League—they will lose good, quality players as a result of it.

I think they got lucky getting Romelu Lukaku on a loan deal—a win-win for both Chelsea and Fulham. Next time, they might not be so fortunate.

Was Chelsea wise to loan Romelu Lukaku to Fulham this season?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1268329-chelsea-transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-joins-fulham-on-loan?

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 23, 2012, 04:36:41 AM

Clint Dempsey: American Is Missing Piece to Make Liverpool Contenders

Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

After a 2011-2012 English Premier League season in which Liverpool finished in eighth place and was 11th in goals scored, The Reds are in desperate need of some added offensive punch, and the club may well have found some in a player from a country that isn't exactly known as a soccer hotbed.

A transfer that would send 29-year-old American Clint Dempsey from Fulham to Liverpool appears to be in the works and could be completed in the next few days. The move may also involve a swap that would send Charlie Adam to the Cottagers in return.

Nothing is definite at this point, however, as Fulham has denied that any agreement has been reached, telling the Daily Mirror that Dempsey "is not for sale and that they hope to tie the 29-year-old to a new deal."

However, there's been an awful lot of smoke here, and generally that indicates that there's a fire nearby. New Liverpool coach Brendan Rogers was somewhat evasive in regards to the potential acquisition of Dempsey, relaying to the Daily Mail only that the team has some interest in him.

"Clint is a player we've enquired about, it is as simple as that," said Rodgers. "Ian Ayre, our managing director, has spoken with the club to see what the position is. That is where we're at. He's a very talented player, but we don't like to talk about other clubs' players."

However, assuming that at some point this transfer is completed, it would appear to be a great move for The Reds. Adam was a huge disappointment last year at Anfield, falling out of favor after scoring only six goals in 27 appearances.

Clint Dempsey 2011/2012 Season Review
Dempsey, on the other hand, led Fulham last year with 23 goals. It may not be reasonable to expect Dempsey to approach that number again for the Reds, but he would not only provide Liverpool with some added scoring punch, he would add versatility to the lineup as well, given that he's capable of playing both midfielder and striker.

With the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and the Manchester powerhouses all spending money hand over fist to acquire top talent, it's become an uphill struggle for clubs like Liverpool to assemble a side that not only can compete in the English Premier League, but also can advance to take part in the UEFA Champions League.

That makes it essential that the Reds capitalize on any opportunity that presents itself for the club to get better, and a Dempsey-for-Adam swap would certainly seem to be a step in the right direction in that regard.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1268235-clint-dempsey-american-is-missing-piece-to-make-liverpool-contenders?

is there some sort of antibiotic that neutralize the disease called bleacherrport.com? Those people are getting up my nose on a regular basis.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

[
is there some sort of antibiotic that neutralize the disease called bleacherrport.com? Those people are getting up my nose on a regular basis.
[/quote]

This looks like Liverpools Yankee Owners using a third party in Belcherreport to contimually tap up and unsettle one oof our players.

I won't be suprised to hear that MAF has started legal proceedings against this gossip being spread by this media outlet 065.gif

LBNo11

...Bleacher report = Liverpool Touts...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bizarrebaz

So much for all that Bleacher Dempsey nonsense. Fulham deny any swap deal for him and say no more inquiries about him are welcomed. In otherwords hands off.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: bizarrebaz on July 23, 2012, 09:46:12 AM
So much for all that Bleacher Dempsey nonsense. Fulham deny any swap deal for him and say no more inquiries about him are welcomed. In otherwords hands off.

Much rather get the bloody money out or leave us alone.

MJG

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 23, 2012, 11:03:08 AM

Now the team are back home I really hope they sort this out in the next few days.
Liverpool either put up or shut up.
Dempsey either sign an extension or put in a request.

cottage cheese

Quote from: MJG on July 23, 2012, 11:31:59 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 23, 2012, 11:03:08 AM
dont think dempsey will go that drastic. He only has said he would like the opportunity  to play champs league and nothing more.
Now the team are back home I really hope they sort this out in the next few days.
Liverpool either put up or shut up.
Dempsey either sign an extension or put in a request.

i dont think dempsey will go that drastic. He has only said he wants the opportunity to play champs league. He has not rejected our contract as we are still in talks with him.
Most of the news is paper talk.

Mr Fulham

I really doubt that we are still in talks with him.

Two Ton Ted

As much as I love the daily round up, can you please stop putting the bleacher report on here?

It's obviously made up by idiots and giving idiots publicity for their shobby product isn't a good idea in my book.

Ta
Never ever bloody anything ever.