News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well Gecov didn't last long.....(merged)

Started by Jambo, July 23, 2012, 04:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

sunburywhite

I really hope Kasami gets a run in the first team. It is almost a shame he is in the Swiss Olympic squad as he has missed out on the chance of going on tour and showing his ability.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

EricB

The Rock

Rep Coker is pants. I wouldn't want him even as a squad player. If he couldn't really shine at West Ham or Bolton, I am not sure he would do so well here or get any playing time. Would love to be proven wrong.

How much we pay for Gecov and how much you think we recouped of that?

Jack Fulham

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 23, 2012, 06:47:28 PM
Frei and Kanka have also gone ahead of him

it doesn't really matter if they had as they play a different position to him.

MikeR

Quote from: The Rock on July 23, 2012, 09:55:47 PM
How much we pay for Gecov and how much you think we recouped of that?

Reportedly paid ~£700K; we would have done well to get half of that back. Doesn't matter, though, since he never moved ahead of Sidwell, Etuhu, or even Baird in the CM pecking order. With Riether now added as cover, he was probably 5th or 6th choice for two slots even after Murphy left the club.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/935903/fulham-sign-czech-republic-u-21-international-ma?cc=5901
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Patterson

We took a punt on him with limited risk on our end and it didn't work out.  It's a shame, but will not change much in our depth chart at midfield I think...

I wish the kid good luck.  Good decision to go to the Belgian League as well.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

b+w geezer

Quote from: The Rock on July 23, 2012, 09:55:47 PM
Rep Coker is pants. I wouldn't want him even as a squad player. If he couldn't really shine at West Ham or Bolton, I am not sure he would do so well here or get any playing time.
I'm not sure about him either, but (shine or no shine) he did attract an £8.5m fee as a result of his time at West Ham. And he has played nearly 300 prem games by now. Therefore, while not the midfielder of one's dreams, he ought to be equipped -- if signed -- to bring more to the party than Gecov.

Tonywa

Player of the tournament in the under 19s Championship only last summer.  Looked brilliant in those and I thought a fine signing for the future.  Sorry to see him go without being given a decent chance, particularly when I see us being linked with dross like Reo-Coker.

TonyGilroy

Unlikely though it may be but Gegov is only 4 years younger than Reo Coker.

I know who I'd rather have. Reo Coker is a very decent, Premier League hardened, player.

sipwell

His contract ended in 2013. If he is not going to play (and he wasn't, let's be fair), then it was best to sell him.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MontenegroWhite

He is 24 so, the best option was to sell him. Some younger player should fill his place in reserves. I still don't know why Jol bought him. I would understand if he was 17 or 18 but in his ages there is a very little chance for big progress. Anyway I wish him all best. Hew will do nice and contribute more at KAA Gent.

Burt

Got to trust that Jol knows what he is up to, but he didn't seem that bad a player the few times he was on show.

Lets see what happens.

Travers Barney

The Odense home game rightly or wrongly proved his nemesis....he was appalling but he wasn't alone.

Never ever going to get a look in....one of those that didn't work out...move on.
We are the whites