more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are interested in Ryan Babel, according to the Mail

Started by EricB, July 23, 2012, 11:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricB

From the Mail.................

Fulham are looking at former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel, 25, who has fallen out with coach Markus Babbel at Hoffenheim.
Babel has scored only five league goals for the Bundesliga club after leaving Anfield in January 2011.
The Holland international spent over three years at Liverpool but failed to live up to his £11.5million price tag.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2177970/Ryan-Babel-wanted-Fulham.html#ixzz21UBA26hG

Has looked good in the odd game but very inconsistent, always appeared to under perform. Maybe Jol can get him back on track

EricB

Sorry, I meant Ryan Babel............yes I know it is only The Mail, but sooner or later the must get one right

Legate21

Would replace Clint I guess, I mean both have released their own rap songs, and every team needs a top class rapper

Patterson

Ouf...maybe at a (near) free and on low wages.  But even there, I think we'll do better to slot in Frei and/or Kaca.  Can't see where he would fit in with Duff, Dempsey (ha!), Ruiz, Kaca, Frei...even Mesca deserves a look considering his age and wages.

Scratch that.  Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Patterson

Quote from: Legate21 on July 23, 2012, 11:25:19 PM
Would replace Clint I guess, I mean both have released their own rap songs, and every team needs a top class rapper

So that leaves out Babel then...
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Walsh

my mate is a Liverpool fan and said:

Me: is Ryan Babel any good?
Liverpool Fan: not bad
Liverpool Fan: imagine walcott
Liverpool Fan: got ability
Liverpool Fan: just no brain
Liverpool Fan: amazing super sub
Liverpool Fan: goes missing if he starts
Liverpool Fan: hes a nice lad though everyone loves him at liverpool
Liverpool Fan: always tweets about us and poo
Me: does he lose his temper?
Liverpool Fan: no
Liverpool Fan: he just goes missing
Liverpool Fan: and puts his head down

b+w geezer

Murphy, Duff, Davies...classy players who had lost their way a bit and regained it here. But there were no personality issues with them and they possessed game intelligence and professional pride and drive. Signs from a distance are that Babel comes not from their, but from the David Bentley school of classy players who have lost their way a bit.

OldBrownShoe

fp.gif Reckon it must be agent talk. I don't think he would even get in my grandson's team and they are ten year olds.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

LRCN

so talented, but ruined it by going to the wrong club with the wrong manager

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He does have so much talent and ability but sod all consistency.

the1metaknight

On his day, he is incredible. However, that day only comes along for one match. Awful most of the time and extremely inconsistent. And he has an attitude problem that is a lot worse than zamora's.

King_Crud

QuoteWe are interested in Ryan Babel, according to the Mail

We? I'm not. No thanks, he's been rubbish at Hoffenheim

MontenegroWhite

We have more than enough wingers...

Will we replace Dempsey? How? What if Moussa goes too? Those are things Fulham should concentrate on.

Ubik

Due to the phsyical demans of modern English football, we don't seem to be able to tag too many players as being "lazy" these days. He was one that you easily could, though, I seem to recall.

jarv

Reminds me a bit of Boa Morte, who was rubbish until he came to Fulham. Maybe it is something about playing for Fulham that turns rubbish players in to good ones. I expect it is the fans and FoFers that do the trick. :wine:

TonyGilroy

He's very Boa like actually but he came into his own in our promotion year playing with Saha and Hayles. That gave him the confidence and consistency he lacked.

Players like Babel can sometimes click with a bit of experience and maturity and maybe the right manager. Nani has improved enormously from being a talentless headless chicken to a player with good end product.

HatterDon

I really don't know about him. I've seen him play fairly often and he's like two different players -- quick, incisive, clever, dangerous & uninterested, strolling, lackadaisical, clueless. If we could get just the first one, he'd do wonders for us. I'm just afraid that he'd mail it in at home against a "big" club and get trashed by the supporters, binned by Jol, and sink without a trace.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NorthernWhite

His agent said in the Dutch press yesterday that Fulham hadn't spoken to him at all recently and the only conversation he'd had with us was before he joined Hoffenheim from Liverpool.