more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (24/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 24, 2012, 04:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Buttner's agent claims Fulham interest after Southampton move collapses
Reports claimed the involvement of a third party stopped a potential move to the newly promoted side, and the full-back is now being made to training with his club's reserves

PROSHOTS

The agent of Vitesse defender Alexander Buttner has claimed that Fulham have shown interest in the player following the collapse of his move to Southampton.

Fulham were reported to have made a bid for the 23-year-old last month, but his representative Alexander Busac has confirmed there is still plenty of attraction towards the player from Germany and France.

Southampton had earlier agreed a fee for the full-back, after he made clear his desire to leave the Dutch club, but the move has fallen through after supposed demands from a third party for part of the transfer fee.

"At the end, we didn't come to a deal with Southampton and Vitesse," he said.

"We look ahead and happily there is a lot of interest. Hannover and Fulham are very serious.

"Two French clubs have confirmed by mail they are looking to sign Buttner, but haven't made a bid. Within the next days they will contact Vitesse."

Buttner came up through the ranks at Vitesse, making his senior debut in 2008, and has since made over 100 appearances, scoring 10 goals.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/23/3260075/buttners-agent-claims-fulham-interest-after-southampton-move?

WhiteJC

Gecov Departs

The Club can confirm that midfielder Marcel Gecov has signed for Belgian club KAA Gent for an undisclosed fee.

Gecov signed for Fulham in the summer of 2011 on a two year deal but found his chances at Craven Cottage limited last season.

FFC would like to thank Marcel for his efforts during his time in SW6 and wishes him all the best for the future.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/GecovDeparts.aspx?

WhiteJC

Terriers tell Cottagers to get serious

Fulham have been told they will have to get serious if they are to have any chance of signing Huddersfield striker Jordan Rhodes.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol has been linked with a swoop for the 22-year-old prolific striker since the end of last season as he looks to bolster his forward line after Pavel Pogrebnyak snubbed a permanent stay at Craven Cottage to join Reading and Andrew Johnson left to join QPR on a free transfer.

Reading and West Ham United have also been linked with Rhodes but Terriers boss Simon Grayson says an offer has yet to be made for the player.

"Our stance hasn't changed," Grayson revealed. "It would take a serious offer to tempt us to sell. The chairman Dean Hoyle and I have spoken to Jordan about where we want the club to go. He's happy with the situation and so are we.

"It's business as usual. Jordan returned for pre-season and got straight down to work."

http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/terriers-tell-cottagers-to-get-serious-1447292.html?

WhiteJC

London Club Attendances

Next we have a look at attendances over the years for London clubs, an analysis by b+w_geezer. Fascinating stuff...

London Club    Playing Rank (of 96)   Attendance Rank (of 96)   Average Attendance    Playing Rank Minus Attendance Rank
Arsenal   5.8   4.6   38,776   +1.2
Tottenham   9.5   6.2   35,880   +3.3
Chelsea   12.1   9.2   32,135   +2.9
West Ham   17.9   15.8   25,544   +2.1
Charlton   29.2   33.4   15,994   -4.2
Fulham   33.2;   35.4   15724;   -2.2
QPR   33.4   37.4   14,087   -4.0
Palace   40.3   31.2   16,631   +9.1
Millwall   46.7   44.1   10,987   +2.6
Orient   57.5   60.3   7,481   -2.8
Brentford   58.7   54.2   8,514   +5.7
Four London clubs have mostly been in the top division, four have averaged second tier, the others third tier.

It's striking how similar Attendance Rank is to Playing Rank, with even the greatest variance (Palace) being just 9 places out of 96.

Attendances vary by era, with high averages in the post-war period, then a slump, then a partial revival.
Brentford's average gate of 12.8k for the first quarter century was 50th best, whereas gates of only 7.1k ranked 50th in the next quarter century.

Credit for these stats is gratefully offered to the resource at European Football Statistics. Pasting into a spreadsheet, it took very little time to compile averages. An hour or two would complete the job for clubs throughout England.....but I have stuck to London..

Including the first post-war season would slightly have boosted Fulham's averages, but making it 65 seasons allows me to study the 15 since Mohamed Al Fayed took over, preceded by two contrasting quarter centuries. The two most similar clubs are shown for comparison.

Charlton   Fulham   QPR
Past 15 seasons (to 2011/12)         
Average Playing Rank of 96   24.9   18.3   36.4
Average Attendance Rank of 96   23.5   27.5   38.2
The 25 pre-Fayed seasons (1972-96/7)         
Average Playing Rank (of 96)   34.5   48.8   15.0
Average Attendance (Rank of 96)   41.8   49.5   24.8
25 seasons from 1947-8 to 71/2         
Average Playing Rank of 96   26.5   26.5   50.0
Average Attendance (Rank of 96)   30.9   26.0   49.5
Charlton have fluctuated least, while Fulham's metrics for the middle period are almost identical to QPR's for the early period.

All three clubs have generally attracted the attendances you would expect for their league standing. This particularly applies to Fulham for all the pre-Fayed years, to QPR for the first 25 years and to Charlton and QPR for the most recent 15.

In the middle period, Charlton's attendances suffered from years of exile from The Valley, and QPR couldn't fill Loftus Road to the extent the team deserved. However, this was an era of low gates nationally — Chelsea averaged 21.8k for the period.

Fulham would need to raise ground capacity by 8k to accommodate crowds matching mid-table Premier rank. A current planning application seeks to do so by 5k.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/london-club-attendances/?

WhiteJC

Gecov Exits Fulham
by LORK on JULY 23, 2012

Some suprising transfer news out of Fulham today as they announced the departure of midfielder Marcel Gecov to Belgian outfit AAK Gent after just one season at the Cottage. The Czech Under 21 international struggled in his sole year with the club despite impressing in his sporadic appearances, and many fans were hoping he would be offered the opportunity this year to shine with an anticipated turnover in the squad's turnover, but clearly the offer of first team football was too good to refuse. A departure right out of the blue considering he played in 2 of the 3 pre-season games in Germany, but Hammy End wishes him all the best for the future.

~lork

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/07/gecov-exits-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Saving Private Ryan... Fulham considering swoop for Liverpool flop Babel

Fulham are looking at former Liverpool forward Ryan Babel, 25, who has fallen out with coach Markus Babbel at Hoffenheim.

Babel has scored only five league goals for the Bundesliga club after leaving Anfield in January 2011.

The Holland international spent over three years at Liverpool but failed to live up to his £11.5million price tag.

Life of Ryan: Babel flattered to deceive during his spell on Anfield

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2177970/Ryan-Babel-wanted-Fulham.html#ixzz21VWdkSok

WhiteJC

United Rival Arsenal For £15m Belgian

With the summer transfer window in full swing, Football Talk will be keeping you up-to-date with all the latest transfer news throughout the summer. Today, Man Utd are linked with Arsenal target Moussa Dembele.

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the chase for £15m-rated Belgian attacker Moussa Dembele, according to the Mirror.

Dembele enjoyed an excellent season for Fulham last year, after being moved from a second striker role back in to the centre of midfield under Martin Jol.

This form has alerted both United and Arsenal, with the Mirror claiming Sir Alex Ferguson is confident he can land the 25-year-old this summer.

After keeping tabs on Dembele during the second half of last season, it's understood Fergie has now stepped up his pursuit of the player with the Scot informing Fulham of his interest.

The Cottagers are not willing to let their star man leave without a fight and have slapped a £15m price-tag on the Belgians head. However, neither Ferguson or Arsene Wenger will sanction such a move for Dembele, who is believed to have only one year remaining on his current contract and has so far refused to sign fresh terms.

http://football-talk.co.uk/65867/united-rival-arsenal-for-15m-belgian/?

WhiteJC

Fulham weight up move for former Liverpool star Ryan Babel

Fulham are considering a move
for former Liverpool midfielder Ryan Babel.

The Holland international moved to Hoffenheim for £11.5million in January 2011 but has fallen out with coach Markus Babbel.

Babel has been told he can leave Hoffenheim this summer and was left out of their pre-season training camp in Austria.

Tottenham, Newcastle and Swansea are also said to be interested.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-weight-up-move-for-former-liverpool-star-ryan-babel-7972628.html

WhiteJC

Liverpool uncertain over West Ham, Fulham & Newcastle target's fate

Transfer news: Andy Carroll has been linked with a move to both West Ham and Fulham

Liverpool owner Tom Werner has refused to confirm that striker Andy Carroll has a future at Anfield, putting a host of interested clubs on alert.

Carroll, who has been linked with London duo West Ham and Fulham, has not lived up to expectations following his £35million transfer from Newcastle to Liverpool in January last year, and it will be left to new boss Brendan Rodgers to settle his fate.

"Brendan is clearly the leader here," Werner told Sky Sports News.

"The only thing I can say is we will do what is best for the club.

"At the moment Andy is on the squad, he is an important member of the England team and he has a lot of talent.

"We will see what happens."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/liverpool_uncertain_over_west_ham_fulham_newcastle_target_s_fate_1_1457327?#

WhiteJC

Fulham flop shown exit

FULHAM have shown the door to misfit Marcel Gecov just 12 months after his move to Craven Cottage.

The Czech midfielder made just five appearances for the Whites since his switch from Slovan Liberic last summer, but has now joined Belgian outfit KAA Gent after they agreed an undisclosed fee for his services.

Gecov failed to make a Premier League appearance during his short stint in SW6, spending most of his time stuck in the reserves.

The 24-year-old snubbed a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday back in March, with boss Martin Jol keen to get the Czech game time elsewhere.

However, the Dutchman has decided to call time on Gecov's short stay at the club

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/07/24/64767-31462211/?

WhiteJC

Fulham Legend McBride staying involved through coaching, broadcasting and...playing?

CHICAGO - So where does one go after having retired from the game and having your former club name their bar after you?

Well, to do some coaching and some broadcasting, of course. And then help a ninth-division side compete for the FA Cup.

Wait, what?

Former Fulham FC striker and United States International Brian McBride will suit up for English ninth-division club Wembley FC on August 11 when they face Langford FC in the Extra Preliminary Round of the 2012-13 FA Cup.

"It's an opportunity to be a part of grassroots soccer and do some mentoring and some coaching," said McBride in an interview with Cottagers Confidential. "Part of that is (that) I play one game but it's been a great experience so far."

So does the Arlington Heights, Ill. (a suburb of Chicago) native and Saint Louis University graduate McBride still think he's match-fit?

"The playing side was unique through this opportunity with Wembley and Budweiser but quite honestly, my body feels good so it wasn't an issue," he said.

McBride left Fulham Football Club in 2008 as arguably one of the most respective players in club history. He then spent parts of three seasons at Major League Soccer club Chicago Fire before retiring at the end of the 2010 season.

After his playing career ended, McBride focused a part of his energy on McBride's Attacking Soccer Academy as well as doing some broadcasting work for the FOX Soccer Channel in the United States through the rest of the year. He handled the color commentary for the network's coverage of an international friendly between Italian club AS Roma and Polish club Zaglebie Lubin at legendary baseball stadium Wrigley Field in Chicago.

"It was really about staying involved (in the game) at a higher level and Fox has given me that opportunity," he said. "I'd like to continue it because I do get a lot of enjoyment out of it and I feel like I'm still growing in that process."

McBride says that he's been incredibly blessed to have been surrounded by great fans throughout his career regardless of what country he was playing in.

"I've been blessed throughout my career being a part of great organizations and having great fans and I've really enjoyed that part of my life and my career," he said. "And of course, I always want to say a thank you to all of them."

James Coston is the co-editor of the SB Nation Chicago Fire website Hot Time in Old Town. He became a Fulham FC supporter ahead of the 2005-2006 season when former Fire defender and current US National Team captain Carlos Bocanegra and McBride were playing for the Whites. He still blindly holds on to hope that current midfielder Clint Dempsey will stay at Craven Cottage.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/24/3180430/fulham-legend-mcbride-staying-involved-through-coaching-broadcasting?

WhiteJC

Coulibaly wants Prem move
Fulham, Aston Villa and Norwich linked with Nice midfielder

Kafoumba Coulibaly: Wants to leave Nice for a move to the Premier League

Kafoumba Coulibaly has revealed he wants to leave Nice in order to pursue a career in the Premier League.

The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move to Fulham as well as Aston Villa and Norwich.

And all three clubs are likely to be on alert after the 26-year-old defensive midfielder admitted he is hoping Nice will allow him to end his time in Ligue 1.

"I have two years left on my contract," Coulibaly told skysports.com.

"I want to move somewhere else. Hopefully Nice will accept a bid for me and I can take my career to another level.

"Playing in England can be exciting for me. I would love that and another league will be welcomed.

"I want to leave on good terms here."

Offload

Meanwhile, Nice coach Claude Puel has made it clear that the Ligue 1 side are determined to sell Peruvian goalkeeper Raul Fernandez.

Fernandez joined Nice in January 2011 on a four-and-a-half year deal but has made just one league start for the club since then.

Much of that time has been spent behind first-choice goalkeeper David Ospina, who has also been linked with a move away from the Stade Municipal du Ray this summer.

But with Nice having signed Joris Delle from Metz, Puel insists that Fernandez's time at the club is over even if Ospina is sold as he doesn't want to waste a non-EU slot on a reserve keeper.

"I'd like him to be transferred or loaned whatever the outcome of negotiations for the eventual transfer of Ospina," said Puel, when asked about the future of the Peru international.

"It's not good for us to have a non-European replacement and it's not advantageous either for an international like Raul to be sitting on the bench."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/7930259?

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 24, 2012, 03:11:01 PM

Fulham flop shown exit

FULHAM have shown the door to misfit Marcel Gecov just 12 months after his move to Craven Cottage.

The Czech midfielder made just five appearances for the Whites since his switch from Slovan Liberic last summer, but has now joined Belgian outfit KAA Gent after they agreed an undisclosed fee for his services.

Gecov failed to make a Premier League appearance during his short stint in SW6, spending most of his time stuck in the reserves.

The 24-year-old snubbed a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday back in March, with boss Martin Jol keen to get the Czech game time elsewhere.

However, the Dutchman has decided to call time on Gecov's short stay at the club

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/07/24/64767-31462211/?

flop? misfit? Seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Quote from: HatterDon on July 24, 2012, 04:50:55 PM
Quote from: WhiteJC on July 24, 2012, 03:11:01 PM

Fulham flop shown exit

flop? misfit? Seems a bit harsh, doesn't it?

Definitely a bit over the top IMO
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.