watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: hometown pride

Started by hesedmedia, July 25, 2012, 02:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesedmedia

MLS side Columbus Crew (my second club, as it were) just beat Stoke City 2-1. Preseason or not, I love watching Stoke lose.  :scarf:

YankeeJim

I'm sure our English brothers would dispute it but baring the size of the squads (English teams are far larger so injuries don't effect them as much) I think that quite a few MLS sides could give the middle & bottom of the Prem sides a run, Especially if it was an afternoon match in say Columbus, Dallas or KC in August. Now , if the match was in England, not so much.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

btings

Yowza. The Crew are not even that strong this year (sorry), although I did watch them nearly beat the Earthquakes a couple months ago.  (Alan Gordon heroics in stoppage secured the draw.)  Incidentally, Andy Gruenebaum should absolutely have be in the MLS all-star game.

(I was really excited for the Quakes-Swansea friendly that's coming up in a week or so, but then Swansea lost Rodgers and Gylfi in quick succession and now I'm not sure what to make of them any more.)

Edit: Just checked the standings, the Crew are doing better than I thought :)

LBNo11

Quote from: hesedmedia on July 25, 2012, 02:28:05 AM
MLS side Columbus Crew (my second club, as it were) just beat Stoke City 2-1. Preseason or not, I love watching Stoke lose.  :scarf:

...congratulations, just to see "beat Stoke City" in any sentence gives a warm glow"...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr_Moon

Aren't the MLS sides mid-season?

RidgeRider

Mr_Moon

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 25, 2012, 09:54:58 AM

yes

Chuffin eck. Eddie Johnson's stats are pretty good! 8 goals in 17.