more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (27/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 27, 2012, 04:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Alex's New Deal

The Club is delighted to announce that Alex Kacaniklic has signed a new two year contract with the option of a further year – potentially keeping the midfielder at Fulham until the summer of 2015.

The 20-year-old impressed on loan at Watford last season and was subsequently recalled by Martin Jol ahead of schedule. Alex made his Fulham debut against Norwich in April and helped us to a 2-1 win, hitting the crossbar with a fine effort in the process.

The Swedish youth international also went on to play in our 3-0 triumph at the Reebok Stadium, our draw with local rivals Chelsea and our historic victory over Liverpool at Anfield.

After signing his new deal on Thursday afternoon, Kacaniklic spoke of his delight at having secured his future with Fulham FC and his desire to become a regular feature of Martin Jol's First Team next season.

"I'm very, very happy to have signed a contract extension with the Club," Kacaniklic told fulhamfc.com. "It's the perfect start for me ahead of the new season.

"I came back from my loan period at Watford last season and got some game time in the First Team and hopefully I'll be pushing for a place in the starting eleven this coming season.

"When I was at Watford I got the chance to show that I can play at that level and then the Manager gave me a chance. When you have a Manager that believes in you it makes it much easier.

"He has told me to keep working hard and it's great as a young player to work for a Manager like Martin Jol. He's always encouraging us and giving us the chance to show what we can do.

"I'm aiming to start a lot more games next season and I'm going to work really hard to achieve my goals."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/AlexsNewDeal.aspx?

WhiteJC

Charlie Adam is a natural replacement for Danny Murphy

Does it make sense for Fulham to push for a deal which would see Adam arrive at Fulham?

With Clint Dempsey repeatedly linked with a move to Liverpool, Fulham have stayed strong by demanding a worthy price for their star man.

With Liverpool seemingly unwilling to meet their cash valuation of the American, talk has turned to a player-plus-cash part exchange deal.

The player in question is Charlie Adam, a player who excelled in the Premier League at Blackpool, but struggled to hit similar heights since his £8 million move to Anfield.

Setting aside the fact for a moment that Liverpool fans are so keen to offload a player they view as not up to their high standards, it might just be a good move for Fulham.

In fact, whether they keep Dempsey or not, pursuing Adam could just be a good idea.

Having just allowed Danny Murphy to depart, Fulham have a gap in the centre of midfield to fill, with the 35-year-old who made 33 starts last season leaving on a free to join Blackburn.

Fulham need a player who can put his foot on the ball in the middle of the park and be creative, and one who can take over their set pieces.

Adam can be that man, his set pieces once saw Sir Alex Ferguson praise them as 'being worth £10 million alone' and they played a part in his six assists last season.

He is the type of player who can excel in a side not packed with big names, where he can be one of the star men. At Liverpool that was never going to happen.

One of the criticisms of Adam levelled by Liverpool fans is his lack of tracking back, and it is a justified one, he needs a good defensive midfielder playing alongside him. He actually started well for the Reds but as soon as the excellent Lucas got injured in October his form disintegrated.

So who at Fulham could do that job? Mahamadou Diarra would be that man. The Malian midfielder, formerly of Real Madrid, played very well after his shock signing for the club as a free agent in February, and made his name as a defensive midfielder. He could provide the perfect platform for Adam to fill the void left by Murphy and dictate games.

Fulham also have a physical presence including Brede Hangeland, Phillipe Senderos, plus the incoming Romelu Lukaku and new signing Hugo Rodallega who would thrive from Adam's set piece delivery.

He would have a point to prove, and an international place to still fight for, and the Charlie Adam Fulham would sign might just be even more motivated to prove a point than the one who thought he had made it upon signing at Anfield.

Do you agree? Would you like to see Adam at Fulham or should the club target a different midfielder?

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/07/24/charlie-adam-is-a-natural-replacement-for-danny-murphy/?

WhiteJC

Ruiz Returns

Bryan Ruiz insists that he is enjoying his first pre-season in England and, having worked his way back from injury, the Costa Rican is raring to go for the forthcoming season.

The forward broke a metatarsal in the Whites' 3-0 defeat of Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok in early April and was subsequently ruled out for the remainder of the 2011/12 campaign.

As his team-mates went on to finish the season strongly, Bryan admits that he felt lost and wanted nothing more than to play his part. His dedication over the summer months has fortunately led to a speedy recovery.

"There's never a good time to be injured, but I felt like I was playing well at that point and showing what I could do," Bryan told fulhamfc.com. "To be injured in your first season at a club is also difficult and it was hard watching the team see the season through – I just wanted to be out there with them.

"All I wanted to do was get back quickly and, in working hard, fortunately I have managed to do that and I returned just in time for pre-season which was good. It feels great to be back and to be out on the pitch against Kaiserslautern last Saturday was brilliant.

"The Manager didn't want to rush me back too soon, so I was only involved in the last of the three games, and I thought I did well. In getting myself back I had to work very hard and sometimes it can be tough – but the important thing was that I managed to get back in time for pre-season. I have been doing everything that the other players have been doing so that shows how far I have come since the injury.

"You are always worked hard in pre-season, but this is my first in England and with Fulham, having joined the Club late last August. It's very different to the rest of the season, but I'm enjoying it – I feel good. Of course, at times you are very tired, but this is a very important period for us players because it prepares us for the season ahead."

With less than a month until the 2012/13 campaign kicks-off, the 26-year-old says he is on track and ready to go for what promises to be another exciting season.

"I have put the injury behind me and I'm working hard every day," he said. "I can't wait for the new season to get underway. Time is going really fast right now and I'm sure the opening game against Norwich will come around quickly for us.

"That's what we are working towards and, having missed the end of last season, I'm looking forward to getting out there again. We have four more pre-season games to come, including Wycombe this Saturday. We want to build on the good performances out in Germany and hopefully I will be involved and show what I can do."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/RuizReturns.aspx?

WhiteJC

Sinclair Interest

Speculation surrounding our club seems to have dried up over the last couple of days.

Today though, one paper is running with the inference that Fulham are keeping a close watch on the contract situation of the Swansea player, Scott Sinclair.

If we understand correctly, Scott is now in the last year of his contract and has yet to agree terms for another, or an extension.

With the change of management at Swansea, with Michael Laudrup replacing Brendan Rodgers, could a move for the England U21 international be on the cards?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=288194#ixzz21n5vHGqU

WhiteJC

Kacaniklic Pens New Deal
by LORK on JULY 26, 2012

Alex Kacaniklic, 20, impressed in several first team appearances last season.

Some more bright news coming out of Fulham today as young Swede Alex Kacaniklic has joined team mate Stephen Kelly in signing a new contract. The Under 21 international, who joined as part of the deal which took Paul Konchesky to Liverpool, extends his stay by an extra two years, until 2015.

Kacaniklic struggled to be much of a presence in the Fulham first team in his first 18 months at the club but after a loan spell at Watford, where he impressed so much he was recalled early by Manager Martin Jol, his talent finally began to shine and ended the 2011/12 season very much an important part of the first team squad, both as a starter and an impact substitute. A player that offers genuine width and quality – as the Hammy End crossbar will testify to  – he is certainly a bright talent and someone who could really play a part in Fulhams future for many years.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/07/kacaniklic-pens-new-deal/?

WhiteJC

BREAKING NEWS: Craven Cottage Planning Application Approved
by LORK on JULY 26, 2012

Big news for the future of our football club today. After months of hard work and (from what I gather) a rather tedious process this evening permission Fulham have been granted to increase the capacity of Craven Cottage by rebuilding the Riverside Stand. Opposition was, on the whole, weak, and it was fairly certain that it would go through but utter relief that it now has!

More details soon. Confirmed by Sarah Brookes.

~lork

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/07/breaking-news-craven-cottage-planning-application-approved/?

WhiteJC

Stadium Announcement

Fulham Football Club granted planning permission   

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce that, following a planning hearing at London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham this evening, the Club's plans to redevelop the Riverside Stand at its Craven Cottage Stadium have been approved.

The plans include extensive refurbishment to the Riverside Stand of the Club's historic Craven Cottage home to increase the ground's capacity to 30,000, and enhance the matchday facilities for fans. A major benefit to the community will be the opening of the riverside walk from Putney to Hammersmith for the first time in recent history.

Alistair Mackintosh, CEO of Fulham Football Club said:

'This is extremely exciting news and we are all delighted with this outcome. Craven Cottage is synonymous with Fulham F.C and it is vital that the Club is given every opportunity to develop the facilities available to ensure that it can continue to prosper and compete, and remain at its home for the long term.   I am confident that an increased capacity and major improvements to the facilities can help us deliver the Chairman's vision of long term growth and self sustainability for this football club.'

Cllr Nicholas Botterill, H&F Council Leader, said:

"Craven Cottage is the historic home of Fulham Football Club and this modest expansion, which will be carried out in a sensitive and sensible way, will allow the club to remain competitive in the top tier of English football while removing the existing, rather ugly, Riverside Stand. Our residents will also enjoy a series of community benefits such as an opened up river walk and improvements at Bishops Park.

"We are the only borough in Britain to be the home to three top-flight football clubs and we are keen to work with all of them to get the best deal for our residents."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/StadiumAnnouncement.aspx?

WhiteJC

NEWCASTLE AND FULHAM RUN THE RULE OVER BOLTOM ACE SANMI ODELUSI

NEWCASTLE and Fulham are keeping an eye on Bolton striker Sanmi Odelusi, 19.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/264211/Newcastle-and-Fulham-run-the-rule-over-Boltom-ace-Sanmi-Odelusi/?

General

Fulham eye Benayoun move

Friday 27th July 2012 13:38

Benayoun: Attracting interest from Fulham
  £10 completely free bet
Fulham boss Martin Jol is reportedly weighing up a move for Chelsea's out-of-favour midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

Benayoun is likely to leave Chelsea this summer as he seems surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

The Israel international spent last season on loan at Arsenal and the summer arrivals of Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Oscar have pushed him further down the pecking order in Roberto Di Matteo's plans.

Jol is thought to be an admirer of Benayoun and is considering bringing him to Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers are thought to have enquired about taking the 32-year-old on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Jol is keen to add to his attacking options after losing Danny Murphy earlier this summer and he could move for Benayoun if Chelsea decide to let him move on.

A number of other clubs at home and abroad are thought to be keeping tabs on Benayoun's situation with the former Liverpool man weighing up his options.

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/7940151/Fulham-eye-Benayoun-move

WhiteJC

Fulham attempt to lure Andrey Arshavin from Arsenal

Switching sides: Andrey Arshavin challenges former Fulham captain Danny Murphy but could now be moving to Craven Cottage

Fulham have registered an interest in signing Andrey Arshavin from Arsenal. The 31-year-old is assessing his options after being told by the Gunners he is surplus to requirements for the forthcoming campaign.

Arshavin's former club Zenit St Petersburg are keen on bringing him back to Russia but want the player to publicly express his desire to return and Standard Sport understands he would prefer to stay at Emirates ­Stadium.

Manager Arsene Wenger signed ­Germany forward Lukas Podolski and France's Olivier Giroud this summer and the emergence of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has pushed Arshavin, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Zenit, further down the pecking order.

Arshavin is reluctant to leave but is slowly becoming resigned to the fact he will get precious little first-team football at the club.

His wife, Julia, is pregnant with their third child and they are keen to school their children in London, meaning a move across town to Craven Cottage would appeal on a personal level.

Arsenal are willing to let Arshavin leave for as little as £1million given he has just one year left on his contract and the fact they earned a £1m loan fee from Zenit as part of their agreement earlier this year.

It is believed that Fulham are yet to make a concrete offer but have informed both parties of their interest, with Arshavin now to decide whether he will accept a pay-cut on his £80,000-a-week wage.

Meanwhile, former Arsenal ­goalkeeper Manuel Almunia is close to joining Watford on a permanent deal.

The 35-year-old was released on a free transfer at the end of last season after eight years at Arsenal having found himself marginalised by the emergence of young Polish goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny.

Watford were also thought to be interested in signing Carlo Cudicini but talks with Almunia are at an advanced stage and are expected to be concluded sometime next week.

Gianfranco Zola, the new Watford manager, is looking for a goalkeeper, having sold Scott Loach to Ipswich last week.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-attempt-to-lure-andrey-arshavin-from-arsenal-7981576.html

WhiteJC

Fulham FC granted planning permission

Fulham Football Club has announced that, following a planning hearing at London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham on Wednesday 25 July, the Club's plans to redevelop the Riverside Stand at its Craven Cottage Stadium have been approved.

The plans include extensive refurbishment to the Riverside Stand of the Club's historic Craven Cottage home to increase the ground's capacity to 30,000, and enhance the matchday facilities for fans. A major benefit to the community will be the opening of the riverside walk from Putney to Hammersmith for the first time in recent history.

"This is extremely exciting news and we are all delighted with this outcome," says Alistair Mackintosh, CEO of Fulham Football Club. "Craven Cottage is synonymous with Fulham FC and it is vital that the Club is given every opportunity to develop the facilities available to ensure that it can continue to prosper and compete, and remain at its home for the long term. I am confident that an increased capacity and major improvements to the facilities can help us deliver the Chairman's vision of long term growth and self sustainability for this football club."

"Craven Cottage is the historic home of Fulham Football Club and this modest expansion, which will be carried out in a sensitive and sensible way, will allow the club to remain competitive in the top tier of English football while removing the existing, rather ugly, Riverside Stand" adds H&F council leader Nicholas Botterill. "Our residents will also enjoy a series of community benefits such as an opened up river walk and improvements at Bishops Park. We are the only borough in Britain to be the home to three top-flight football clubs and we are keen to work with all of them to get the best deal for our residents."

http://www.stadia-magazine.com/news.php?NewsID=41438

WhiteJC

Craven Cottage plan approved

Fulham were today celebrating the granting of planning permission for a major redevelopment at Craven Cottage that will boost the capacity of the club's historic ground to 30,000.

Hammersmith and Fulham Council has given the green light for the Riverside Stand, which backs on to the Thames, to be extended into a distinctive new facility that chief executive Alistair Mackintosh claims will go a long way towards satisfying owner Mohamed Fayed's aim of making the Premier League side self-supporting.

For the past three seasons most of Fulham's home games have been 25,700 sell-outs, and Mackintosh said: "This is extremely exciting news and we are all delighted. It is vital the club are given every opportunity to develop the facilities available to ensure that we can continue to prosper and compete, and remain at our home in the long term.

"I am confident that an increased capacity and major improvements to the facilities can help us deliver the chairman's vision of long‑term growth and self-sustainability for this club."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/craven-cottage-plan-approved-7981585.html

WhiteJC

Wycombe Ticket Update

Fulham's pre-season campaign continues on Saturday afternoon when Martin Jol's team challenge Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park (KO 3pm).

Supporters wishing to support the Team on Saturday can purchase match at the gate.

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £12.00
Over 60: £5.00
Under 16: £3.00
Students: £5.00 (only available from the Ticket Office on production of ID Card)
Ambulant Disabled: Tickets are charged at full price, carer free
Wheelchair users – Please contact Wycombe Wanders on 01494 441118.

Tickets issued are in the Dreams Stand, which is an un–reserved seating area behind the goal.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/WycombeTicketUpdate.aspx?

WhiteJC

Kasami Olympic Watch

Fulham's Pajtim Kasami was a 68th-minute substitute as Switzerland drew 1-1 with Gabon in their opening Group B fixture of the 2012 Olympic Games on Thursday evening.

Admir Mehmedi's put the Swiss ahead with a penalty after less than five minutes at Newcastle United's Sports Direct Arena.

But Pierre Aubameyang drew Gabon level on the stroke of half-time after good work from Alexander N'Doumbou.

Kasami was introduced into the action shortly after the hour mark, but the Swiss were reduced to 10 men on 78 minutes when Oliver Buff received a second yellow card.

Switzerland are next in action on Sunday (5.15pm) when they take on South Korea at the City of Coventry Stadium.

South Korea drew 0-0 with Mexico in their first game.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/KasamiOlympicWatch.aspx?

WhiteJC

A Fine Start

Mladen Petric has certainly made a strong impression at Fulham since his summer switch from Hamburg and the Croatian international striker is evidently delighted with his decision to join the Club and take on a new challenge with the Whites in the Barclays Premier League.

"First of all it was nice for me to go back to Germany with my new team and it was a great feeling to score my first goals for Fulham on our pre-season tour," Petric told fulhamfc.com this week. "I was very happy with my first goal for the Club against FC Lokomotive Leipzig because it was a good one.

"It's a great atmosphere here at Fulham – it really is very good and everything is perfectly organised. The players have been very welcoming and open minded so it's very easy to feel good at the Club.

"At the moment I'm staying at a hotel near the training ground but I've been looking at some apartments. I've been to London before for a game but it's the first opportunity I've had to explore the city and it's a really nice place. I'm sure I'll be very happy once I move into an apartment and settle down.

"I'm happy I've taken this step in my career and it's a new motivation for me. I'm hoping this will be a very successful stage of my career."

Fulham fans who attended the Club's momentous UEFA Europa League Semi Final victory over Hamburg at Craven Cottage in 2010 know all about Petric's pedigree and the Club's supporters certainly left a firm impression on the striker on that historic night.

"I remember the game at Craven Cottage very well," Petric explained. "It was a crazy night for me and a bad night! It started well but ended badly and I remember the amazing atmosphere in the stadium and I'm looking forward to playing there again.

"I was surprised by the atmosphere because after I'd scored I thought the crowd would be quiet but they raised the atmosphere barely twenty seconds after I'd scored. It was an amazing show of support for the team."

Watch Mladen Petric's three goals from Fulham's pre-season trip to Germany:
Mladen Petric's pre-season goals so far on Vimeo

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/PetricInterview.aspx?

WhiteJC

Fulham granted planning permission for Riverside Stand

The Whites are looking to improve Craven Cottage

Fulham have been granted permission to redevelop the Riverside Stand at Craven Cottage.

The plans will increase the capacity to 30,000 and improve the facilities for matchgoers.

"This is extremely exciting news and we are all delighted with this outcome," CEO Alistair Mackintosh said.

"Craven Cottage is synonymous with Fulham F.C and it is vital that the Club is given every opportunity to develop the facilities available to ensure that it can continue to prosper and compete, and remain at its home for the long term.

"I am confident that an increased capacity and major improvements to the facilities can help us deliver the Chairman's vision of long term growth and self sustainability for this football club."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/fulham_granted_planning_permission_for_riverside_stand_1_1461537?

WhiteJC

Friendly Fixture

A Fulham XI will compete in a friendly match against Kingstonian on Friday evening.  The game will kick-off at 7.30pm at Kingsmeadow Stadium and supporters wishing to attend can purchase match tickets at the gate.

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £7 terrace or stand
Seniors: £4 terrace or stand
Students: £2 terrace or stand
Juniors: No entry fee

Stadium Address:

Kingsmeadow Stadium,
Jack Goodchild Way,
422a Kingston Road,
Kingston upon Thames,
Surrey
KT1 3PB

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/FFCXIFriendlyvKingstonian.aspx?

WhiteJC

Fulham could offer deal to defender

FULHAM are still pondering whether to offer Zdenek Grygera a new deal, as the player continues his rehabilitation from a knee injury.

The former Ajax and Juventus full-back is now out of contract, but back in training at Motspur Park and 'doing very well' according to the club.

He is bidding to recover fully from the ruptured ligaments sustained against Tottenham in November last year.

That blow wrecked the 31-year-old Czech international's Fulham career before it had really begun. He made just seven appearances – five in the Premier League – before his season was cut short.

With Stephen Kelly having just signed a new two-year contract, and German Sascha Riether having arrived on loan, fans thought they might have seen the last of Grygera in a Fulham shirt.

But boss Martin Jol has not yet closed the door on the possibility of keeping such an experienced player – providing he can convince him that there are no lasting effects of the injury.

Back in May, Jol said that although he would not be taking up the option of resigning him immediately when his contract expired at the end of June, he felt he 'owed it to the player' to give him a chance to prove his fitness.

"He did well from the first match, which is very unusual [for a player new to English football]," the Dutchman said. "I was very happy with him.

"He can play left-back, right-back or centre-back, but it's not a minor injury. It isn't easy to come back to full fitness if you're that age."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/07/27/82029-31485920/?#ixzz21pZcrExy

WhiteJC

Fulham granted permission to expand Craven Cottage

Fulham have been granted permission to expand the capacity of Craven Cottage by 4,300 seats to 30,000.

The club's proposals were given approval by Hammersmith & Fulham (H&F) Council's planning applications committee last night.

The changes will see a new upper tier added to the Riverside Stand, while planning consent also allows for the partial demolition and rebuilding of the western ends of the Putney and Hammersmith stands.

"Craven Cottage is the historic home of Fulham," H&F Council leader Nicholas Botterill said.

"This modest expansion, which will be carried out in a sensitive and sensible way, will allow the club to remain competitive in the top tier of English football.

"It will also remove the existing, rather ugly, Riverside Stand."

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-granted-permission-to-expand-craven-cottage-7981882.html

WhiteJC

Fulham keeping tabs on Arshavin as Cottagers plot surprise £1m swoop

Fulham are considering a swoop for Arsenal outcast Andrey Arshavin.

Zenit St Petersburg are leading the race to resign the Russia international, but Arshavin's preference to remain in London is hindering the deal.

Arshavin's wife Julia is expecting their third child, and they are keen to school their children in London.

Wanted: The Russia international is set to leave the Emirates this summer

Arshavin, who hasn't travelled with Arsenal on the club's pre-season tour of Asia, is deemed surplus to requirements at the Emirates Stadium, and could be sold for just £1million.

Fulham haven't made a firm offer for the 31-year-old, who has just one year remaining on his current deal and would have to take a cut on his £80,000-a-week wages.

Qatari side Al-Sadd are also hopeful of sealing the signature of Arshavin.

The ambitious Doha-based club are seeking a second big-name signing following the capture of Spanish legend Raul.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179815/Andrey-Arshavin-Fulham-radar.html#ixzz21palQqdF