more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Arshavin for £1 million

Started by WhiteJC, July 27, 2012, 03:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham keeping tabs on Arshavin as Cottagers plot surprise £1m swoop

Fulham are considering a swoop for Arsenal outcast Andrey Arshavin.

Zenit St Petersburg are leading the race to resign the Russia international, but Arshavin's preference to remain in London is hindering the deal.

Arshavin's wife Julia is expecting their third child, and they are keen to school their children in London.

Wanted: The Russia international is set to leave the Emirates this summer

Arshavin, who hasn't travelled with Arsenal on the club's pre-season tour of Asia, is deemed surplus to requirements at the Emirates Stadium, and could be sold for just £1million.

Fulham haven't made a firm offer for the 31-year-old, who has just one year remaining on his current deal and would have to take a cut on his £80,000-a-week wages.

Qatari side Al-Sadd are also hopeful of sealing the signature of Arshavin.

The ambitious Doha-based club are seeking a second big-name signing following the capture of Spanish legend Raul.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179815/Andrey-Arshavin-Fulham-radar.html#ixzz21palQqdF

HatterDon

Surely we could find a lazy, selfish douchebag for less than 1 million.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

elgreenio

can't see it. Surprising how many goals he was actually involved in last season despite his lazy demeanour
touch my camera through the fence

Jack Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 27, 2012, 03:05:39 PM
Surely we could find a lazy, selfish douchebag for less than 1 million.

Ruiz?  :Get Coat gif:

Lighthouse

And following the Carlton Cole annual rumour we return to the Arshavin rumour.

HERE'S BALONEY (Jack Nicholson appears with an axe for Jol)
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

OldBrownShoe

Ye of little faith! What about Koumas?  064.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

MasterHaynes

ARshavin for a £1M within our wage structure would be a steal. Just look at his stats being used as a bit part player last season. His talent and ability on the ball we all know is great and with a manager supporting him he could be great for a couple of seasons.

But as Lighthouse states this rumour resurrects itself every summer regardless of who is manager here and is very unlikely but it does not fill me fear should it ever come to pass unlike the Cole rumour, that keeps coming around every window.

fulhamben

arshavin has stated many a time how he hates london. he will be off
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Wonder why we've never been linked with G Dos Santos? Quality player. Can play anywhere in midfield. Tottenham seem anxious to rid themselves of him. Theyve never really given him a chance.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 27, 2012, 03:33:28 PM
ARshavin for a £1M within our wage structure would be a steal. Just look at his stats being used as a bit part player last season. His talent and ability on the ball we all know is great and with a manager supporting him he could be great for a couple of seasons.

But as Lighthouse states this rumour resurrects itself every summer regardless of who is manager here and is very unlikely but it does not fill me fear should it ever come to pass unlike the Cole rumour, that keeps coming around every window.

Agree that this would be a steal and a good addition if Jol could keep him motivate.

Doubt he would ever accept the wages we would offer though.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 27, 2012, 03:34:50 PM
Wonder why we've never been linked with G Dos Santos? Quality player. Can play anywhere in midfield. Tottenham seem anxious to rid themselves of him. Theyve never really given him a chance.

Tottenham are asking too much for him.

ffcitaly

for 1mil it still seems a good deal

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 27, 2012, 03:39:22 PM

Thanks! Difficult to understand. They never play the guy. Think he'd do well in Jol's system though.

HatterDon

If we could keep his family on this side of the Atlantic, it might be worth it. His father wants to be his coach, his manager, the chairman, and the head of the FA.

I think he's off to Spain on a permanent transfer anyhow.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jack Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 27, 2012, 04:24:42 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 27, 2012, 03:39:22 PM

Thanks! Difficult to understand. They never play the guy. Think he'd do well in Jol's system though.

He's come out and said Tottenham were asking for double what they paid for him which is around £8 million and no one interested can really afford that, particularly if he wants to move to Spain which I think he does. Paying the price for signing such a long contract it seems. I think AVB may have plans for him but we will see, Redknapp did too and he didn't get played.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on July 27, 2012, 04:49:06 PM

If we could keep his family on this side of the Atlantic, it might be worth it. His father wants to be his coach, his manager, the chairman, and the head of the FA.

I think he's off to Spain on a permanent transfer anyhow.

Didn't realize that about his dad. He should speak to Kenny Cooper about the pitfalls of having an over-active parent involved in his career.

Andy_M

Well this is a rumour I didn't expect.

Could be interesting if true.
@got_maile

Mr_Moon

Also apparently Dos Santos loves to party and is quite unprofessional.

Mr Fulham

Did you see the Mexico match yesterday? The guy looked like David Stockdale!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 27, 2012, 07:16:23 PM
Did you see the Mexico match yesterday? The guy looked like David Stockdale!

No. I didn't have the opportunity. I have seen him play plenty internationally and he's always been dangerous, creative, and hard working on those occasions.