more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham move for Benayoun?

Started by mr-ska, July 27, 2012, 06:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7940062/Fulham-eye-Benayoun-move

Sky Sports understands Fulham are weighing up a move for Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun.

Benayoun is likely to leave Chelsea this summer as he seems surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

The Israel international spent last season on loan at Arsenal and the summer arrivals of Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Oscar have pushed him further down the pecking order in Roberto Di Matteo's plans.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is thought to be an admirer of Benayoun and is considering bringing him to Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers are thought to have enquired about taking the 32-year-old on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Jol is keen to add to his attacking options after losing Danny Murphy earlier this summer and he could move for Benayoun if Chelsea decide to let him move on.

A number of other clubs at home and abroad are thought to be keeping tabs on Benayoun's situation with the former Liverpool man weighing up his options.

Admin

Fernhurst

Really thought he would an improvement to our squad before he signed for Chelsea at which point I realised his wages would be a large hurdle .... Time moves on and despite still being a good pro his age could be an issue.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Jack Fulham

Getting ageing players on 1 year loan deals is beneficial for us. If we got Benayoun on loan, I doubt we would be paying all his wages. The other side of the coin being that he may deny the likes of Frei, Kaca and even Mesca a place in the side therefore hindering their progress. As long as we get these ageing players on loans or 1 year deals, then it can only be a good thing. Don't want to get stuck paying oldies fat salaries until they're 35/36 like Chelsea have done with Terry and Lampard.

dgnffc

I really don't see any point in getting him in at all..............unless one of the Dems is going. I'd much rather see our youngsters being given the chance.

VicHalomsLovechild

I like Yossi, bringing in good footballers on loan can only be beneficial to younger players. Wouldn't you want to be surrounded by talent and test yourself against it, learn from it ?

dgnffc

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 27, 2012, 07:38:29 PM
I like Yossi, bringing in good footballers on loan can only be beneficial to younger players. Wouldn't you want to be surrounded by talent and test yourself against it, learn from it ?

But we already have good experienced players in our squad.

Bassey the warrior

Very good player. Versatile too. Getting him on loan would be shrewd business.

CincyFulham1

zander

Still a good player but would he really be an upgrade in any area?

Current rumours are a bit uninspiring to say the least.

HatterDon

a VERY good player. 15 steps up over Arshavin. And, if we lose Dempsey and Dembele, he's a SIGNIFICANT upgrade. Even if we lose one, he's an upgrade. Remember that regardless of how much raw talent our youngsters have, it is EXTREMELY rare for a 19 or 20 year old -- or three -- to make significant contributiions their first full year.

Besides, Yossi is not a bad shout for a one-year gig.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Terry Angus

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 27, 2012, 06:52:45 PM
Getting ageing players on 1 year loan deals is beneficial for us. If we got Benayoun on loan, I doubt we would be paying all his wages. The other side of the coin being that he may deny the likes of Frei, Kaca and even Mesca a place in the side therefore hindering their progress. As long as we get these ageing players on loans or 1 year deals, then it can only be a good thing. Don't want to get stuck paying oldies fat salaries until they're 35/36 like Chelsea have done with Terry and Lampard.

agreed, as long as we mix it up with youth coming through and don't spend more and a few mil on anyone over 26, we're doing very good business and it all makes the future look bright, i think

MasterHaynes

If true, a 1 year loan would be sensible and a good for everyone. We have just let Murphy go who is 35 to much gnashing of teeth, so don't see any issue signing a 32 year old who was playing CL football last year.

The Bronsons

Yes, please - good classy player and has a few good years left in him.

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on July 28, 2012, 03:34:08 AM

Remember that regardless of how much raw talent our youngsters have, it is EXTREMELY rare for a 19 or 20 year old -- or three -- to make significant contributiions their first full year.

This is a very good point. We must be prepared for somebody like Frei, who burst on the scene last season, to make less than hoped for progress in this season (I am not saying Frei won't develop, just using him as an example). Those features of a young player's game which take opponents by surprise at first are soon catered for by opponents and the challenge for the young player is then to develop his skills to overcome those preventative measures. That is why older players like Duff, Diarra etc. (or anyone  else we might sign) are so important to a side like ours who seem to be bringing along so many youngsters. It's wonderful to have so much potential, but potential will not be realised unless it's given a helping hand.

leonffc

'Gary Neville with AIDS' apparently that's the reason he left Liverpool (after Caragher made a joke).

No thanks, kakanicilic can do his job. Give youth a chance.