more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (28/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 28, 2012, 07:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham's plans to increase Craven Cottage capacity approved

Fulham have had plans approved to extend the capacity of their Craven Cottage ground to 30,000.

A London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham hearing has confirmed the club can refurbish its Riverside Stand.

Fulham will also open the riverside walk from Putney to Hammersmith for the first time in recent history.

"It is vital that the club is given every opportunity to develop the facilities available," said Cottagers chief executive Alistair Mackintosh.

Mackintosh added: "This is extremely exciting news and we are all delighted with this outcome.

"I am confident that an increased capacity and major improvements to the facilities can help us deliver the chairman's vision of long-term growth and self sustainability for this football club."

Fulham's current capacity is 25,700 and until as recently as the 2001-02 season, contained areas of terracing for standing supporters.

The Riverside Stand backs onto the Thames and a recent poll of local residents revealed 91% were in favour of the stand being redeveloped.

Craven Cottage history
1896: After playing at 12 other grounds in the first 17 years of their existence, Fulham FC move into Craven Cottage
1905: A pavilion is built on the Stevenage Road side at a cost of £15,000. This building is what is now known as 'the cottage'
1938: The ground's attendance record is set, with 49,335 witnessing the visit of Millwall
1950: Fulham become the final top-flight club to install floodlights at their ground
2002: After becoming the last top-flight team to play in front of standing spectators, Fulham FC relocate to Queens Park Rangers' Loftus Road ground for two years while Craven Cottage is turned into an all-seater stadium

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19009781?

WhiteJC

Fulham NYC

Welcome Fulham NYC
We are pleased to announce a new addition to the Official International Fulham Supporters Clubs and welcome the FulhamNYC Members Club, run by John Ponessa. They are joining a host of other Official Supporters Clubs who all support the Whites from overseas.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, John reveals some of the main reasons for wanting to set up an International Supporters Club:

"The influence of English football is rapidly growing in the United States and along with it the rise of US Soccer bar culture.

"English football is now shown in countless bars across the country. The next logical step within this soccer culture is the formation of groups supporting their respective football teams.

"Fulham Football Club has always greatly respected American football players and has risen exponentially as a club over the past decade.

"The Football Factory at Legends is home to many supporters clubs. As we slowly discovered drifting fans of Fulham we found we had gathered a core group of people that had both passion for the Club and dedication to supporting the team every single weekend."

Start your own Official Supporters Club

Fans from across the globe can now get closer to the Club they love by setting up their very own Official International Supporters Club. There are some fantastic benefits on offer once all paid members have signed up with the Club through the official registration channel.

There are four levels of International group membership and just 10 paid Fulham Members are required to meet the Club's official entry level status and receive the first level of Fulham FC benefits.

Every International Supporters Club will receive benefits whilst every individual paid member will receive exclusive ticketing access, ticketing discounts, a members' pack and more.

Find out more about the Official International Fulham Supporter Club scheme and buy your membership today!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/FulhamNYC.aspx?

WhiteJC

Fulham turn to Arsenal's Arshavin and Chelsea's Benayoun

Martin Jol is said to be keeping tabs on top four pair Yossi Benayoun and Andrei Arshavin, with both being shut out of first team action at Chelsea and Arsenal respectively.

Benayoun spent last season on loan at Arsenal where, on occasion, he impressed but upon his return to Stamford Bridge, he found new signings Oscar, Marko Marin and Edin Hazard standing in his way. With such an array of talent at his disposal, Roberto Di Matteo is thought to be nonplussed to the idea of losing the Israeli international.

The player himself, too, is believed to be open to the move after a bleak campaign with Arsenal. He's aware that first team opportunities would be far more frequent at Craven Cottage than they ever were in North London or with Chelsea. However, Sky Sports are suggesting no bid has actually been tabled, with Martin Jol merely enquiring as to the possibility of loaning Benayoun with a view to signing him permanently.

Other clubs are said to be interested too, including former club Liverpool.

Meanwhile, another player attracting the gaze of our Ducth manager is Andrei Arshavin who, like Benayoun, has been frozen out of action at his club and was shipped out on loan last season to Zenit St Petersburg.

The Russian club were sufficiently impressed with the midfielder's level of performance and are looking to sign him on a permanent basis but the player himself has reservations about moving his family away from London. This means Fulham hold an upper hand - and Jol is keen to do business with Arsene Wenger putting a measly £1 million price tag on him.

Wages, as always though, will prove a stumbling block. The Russian international would have to take a significant cut on his £80, 000 salary if a deal with Fulham were to go through.

Al-Sadd, of Qatar, are also said to be following him.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/27/3193949/fulham-arsenals-andrei-arshavin-chelseas-yossi-benayoun?

WhiteJC

Kingstonian 0-2 FFC XI

A Fulham XI defeated Kingstonian by two goals to nil at Kingsmeadow Stadium on Friday night.

Omri Altman (4 min) and Damien Duff (44 min) secured the win for the Whites as Kit Symons opted for a starting eleven featuring international stars and Academy graduates.

The pre-season action continues this weekend when Martin Jol's team take on Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park. Supporters wishing to attend can purchase tickets at the gate (KO 3pm).

FFC Starting XI

David Stockdale, Stephen Kelly, Matthew Briggs, Dan Burn, Rafik Halliche, Chris Baird, Kerim Frei, Lasse Vigen Christensen, Marcello Trotta, Omri Altman, Damien Duff (C)

Subs: Neil Etheridge (GK), Dino Islamovic, Josh Pritchard, Lauri Dalla Valle, Zdenek Grygera, Charles Banya, Sean Kavanagh, Alex Brister

Kingstonian Starting XI

Rob Tolfrey, Aaron Goode, Melvin Kamara, Keiran Murphy, Dominic Sterling, Matt Somner, Matt Pattison, Saheed Sankoh, Allan Tait, Andre McCollin, Dean Lodge.

Subs: Karl Murray, Craig Mullen, Wade Small, Sam Clayton

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/FFCXIvKingstonian.aspx?

WhiteJC

A Shorter Outsiders View- Can you guys get in on Clint Dempsey?

Sorry I've not been writing much this summer on the comings and goings at Wigan, but let's be hones there's not been much, and the Happy Latic has done an amazing job with it. It's just that with the MLS kicking up over here, and Liverpool seemingly in the news all the time for players leaving who shouldn't, I haven't had much time to think about Wigan. Not that you guys aren't always on the edge of my mind. Oh and by the way, no sniffing around on Andy Carroll, unless you want to send us Victor Mosses and 20million.

Yeah I didn't think, and i don't blame you. I kind of like the fact that Wigan has Victor Moses for now. At least you guys don't get linked to players every week who won't come. It's one of the reasons why I like writing on you guys. Over at the Liverpool blogs you'll see that we're being linked with Clint Dempsey every day, and he's wanting to go there every day. It's not like, he's coming, or that Gaston guy is coming, or how about Joe Allen out of Swansea? It's not like there's already not enough players to fit into the club anyway. But I digress.

There's rumors about Wigan, but it's players going out, and you're not being hit over the head by all the media on one player. I know that's part of the problem of being a big club fan, but that's the cross I have to bear. I don't want you guys to feel sorry for me, because as I have said on this blog, on radio, and on my blog, the media needs to get out of the mantra of the status quo and follow the other teams. Roberto plays some good football, and would benefit from getting more exposure.

That's just the hassle of being a fan of the sport, and wanting to see more. Sigh, being an American, and wanting more of the English game. Why wasn't I born in freaking Wigan? WHY?????

http://www.pieeatersfootie.com/2012/7/28/3197394/a-shorter-outsiders-view-can-you-guys-get-in-on-clint-dempsey?

WhiteJC

Fulham gain approval to expand Craven Cottage

Fulham have been granted permission to expand the capacity of Craven Cottage by 4,300 seats to 30,000. The club's proposals were given approval by Hammersmith & Fulham (H&F) Council's planning applications committee on Thursday night.

The changes will see a new upper tier added to the Riverside Stand, while planning consent also allows for the partial demolition and rebuilding of the western ends of the Putney and Hammersmith stands.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/fulham-gain-approval-to-expand-craven-cottage-1-2438003

WhiteJC

FULHAM FIND NOVEL WAY TO AVOID LOSING MOUSSA DEMBELE

There are rumours that Manchester United have begun sniffing around Fulham's Belgian star Moussa Dembele, and will commence a process to sign the midfielder for around £15million.

Clearly Fulham will be loathed to lose Dembele as he has given the West London club some impressive performances over the last two seasons, and OTP can exclusively reveal that they are intending keep their man, tricking United in a scam that may become famous globally.

You see last week, Fulham signed a 16-year-old striker from Paris St Germain, who has played 16 times for the French Under 16 side, scoring three goals. His name? Moussa Dembele.

So all Fulham need to do is wait until Manchester United send through an offer of £15million for 'Moussa Dembele' and they will send the French teenager on his merry way, keeping their Belgian star.

It's genius stuff from Martin Jol.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2012/07/fulham-find-novel-way-to-avoid-losing-moussa-dembele/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

WhiteJC

Grygera makes Fulham comeback

ZDENEK Grygera made his first appearance for almost nine months in last night's pre-season friendly win against Kingstonian.

The Czech defender has been sidelined since suffering a serious knee injury against Spurs back in November, which ended his season early.

However, the 31-year-old, who is a free agent after his deal expired last month, is back in full training and made a second-half cameo in the 2-0 win against the K's at Kingsmeadow.

And the former Juventus full-back admits he's delighted to be back.

He told the Chronicle: "It was the first game back since my surgery and it feels very good.

"I'm really happy and grateful to Fulham and the medical staff for the chance to get fit.

"Now I have to work on my legs and need some more time to be faster and stronger."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/07/28/82029-31491691/?#ixzz21uXmlY6K

WhiteJC

Trotta's Wycombe Return

Martin Jol's Fulham side contest their first pre-season friendly on English soil on Saturday afternoon (KO 3pm) when we travel to Wycombe Wanderers.

And for one young Whites striker, it marks a return to the club where he was given his initial taste of first team football. Marcello Trotta enjoyed a prolific eight game loan spell at Adams Park in the 2011/12 campaign and the Italian is relishing the visit to the Chairboys.

"It will be very good for me to go back," Marcello told fulhamfc.com. "I'm a familiar guy with the fans and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them. I'm so excited – I don't know quite what to expect but I think it could be good things.

"I still keep in touch with a few people from Wycombe to see how things are going but I'm really looking forward to meeting up with all of them. I'm glad I've got the chance to go back with Fulham and I think it will be very good."

While Gary Waddock's side were obviously delighted with Trotta's goal-a-game ratio during his time at Adams Park, the Italian youth international was also massively appreciative for the opportunity and the faith shown in him during his stint in League One.

"I think that was my starting point when people began to learn my name," he explained. "They gave me everything. They gave me my chance and I think everything that has happened since has been getting better every day so I must give a lot of credit to them."

Marcello finished second in the Premier Reserve League goal scoring charts last season – some feat considering he also took in two loan spells – and the 19-year-old has carried his form into pre-season.

Following his tidy brace against Lokomotive Leipzig in our second game in Germany, the striker then linked up impressively with Mladen Petric in the subsequent game against Kaiserslautern.

"I enjoyed playing with Mladen – I think he's a good player," Marcello admitted. "I gave him the assist for one of his goals so I think, as it was the first time that we'd played together, that it was good. It's hard at the beginning but I think we did quite well playing together.

"I think it was a very good tour. It was my first time with the First Team really so I enjoyed playing in all three games and I scored two goals so it was good for me."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/WycombeReturn.aspx?

WhiteJC

POLICE IMPRESS IN FULHAM FRIENDLY

A goal from Sos Yao gave Ryman League Premier Division club Metropolitan Police a 1-0 win over a Fulham development XI in their pre-season friendly at Imber Court on Wednesday evening.

Yao's (pictured) goal was enough to give the Ryman League Premier Division side a 1-0 victory.

After the game, Blues assistant boss Gavin Macpherson told the club's website: "To win against Fulham has given us a boost.

"Their development team were a credit to their club and were tough opposition.

"I'm delighted with the players, after 70 minutes I thought we were going to run out of legs.

"Their full-time training began to show but we regrouped and finished strongly so I'm really happy with the squad tonight.

"I'd like to thank Fulham for coming over tonight."

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?newsmode=FULL&nid=86563

WhiteJC

Sky Sports Are As Helpful As Ever

There's some rumouring going on on the Yossi Benayoun front, powered by Sky Sports. Normally I wouldn't give much attention to a 'Sky Sports understands...' story, because it's roughly equivalent to 'I heard on Twitter that...' but this is a special occasion -- Fulham are apparently interested in taking Yossi Benayoun on loan. Kind of. Maybe.

Benayoun is likely to leave Chelsea this summer as he seems surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge.

The Israel international spent last season on loan at Arsenal and the summer arrivals of Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Oscar have pushed him further down the pecking order in Roberto Di Matteo's plans.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is thought to be an admirer of Benayoun and is considering bringing him to Craven Cottage.

The Cottagers are thought to have enquired about taking the 32-year-old on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Jol is keen to add to his attacking options after losing Danny Murphy earlier this summer and he could move for Benayoun if Chelsea decide to let him move on.

A number of other clubs at home and abroad are thought to be keeping tabs on Benayoun's situation with the former Liverpool man weighing up his options.

Yes, that is the entire article, and no, copying and pasting the whole thing is generally frowned upon in these parts. But I'm doing it to prove a point -- check out how many qualifiers they use in a 148 word piece. I've highlighted them for you.

Count them up. That's six major qualifiers in six sentences. The only thing Sky Sports are definitive about is that Benayoun spent last season on loan and that he's been pushed further down Chelsea's depth chart thanks to the arrivals of Eden Hazard and Marko Marin. That's all the information they're giving.

It's fine to be cautious about something when you're analysing it. It's less fine to be a reporter and write 'I think maybe this could be true' everywhere. Fulham could want Yossi Benayoun, who might be available. WELL THANKS FOR BEING HELPFUL.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/27/3195780/yossi-benayoun-fulham-transfer-rumour?