watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting Dempsey radio interview

Started by MasterHaynes, July 28, 2012, 10:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

Dempsey and Dembele are in the same position as far as contracts and interest from big clubs are concerned yet Moussa played on Saturday.

On that basis I assume Jol is telling the truth. I imagine that no one yet knows whether either will stay or go including the players, their agents and the club.

justinfromga

These guys are professionals and for every bad apple who sulks about not getting a transfer exactly when they want one there are countless other players who just go about their business.  I think Dempsey is in the latter group. He has said repeatedly that he wants Champions League football and nobody can blame him for that. I think though if he ends up being with us this whole season he will give us another good season of his best work if for no other reason than it will impress suitors next off season. I don't think he's trying to throw the team under the bus or anything like that. I honestly believe Clint is answering the questions asked of him honestly and doing his best to return to full fitness.

itombomb

Quote from: ddeuce on July 28, 2012, 10:37:00 AM
The fact of the matter is that he might want to leave, but who to say a Champions League team will take him?

We have received no bids so far, and he is, quite frankly, old compared to other targets.

There aren't many Champions League clubs who would pay the money we would want for him now, but at the same time, there are loads of Champions League clubs who would happily take him on a free next Summer.

rusty shackleford

I expect him to leave on deadline day

NogoodBoyo

There now seems to be a clear difference between Dembele and Dempsey.  One of the press reports this morning quoted Dembele as being very happy with the club, the team, the training and particularly the manager. 
The radio interview that started this latest bout of Demspeculation shows a completely different mindset.  Dempsey wants out - very mucho out!  So, it's just a question of whether a club will pay the asking price and, if they don't, it will be a case of who blinks first.
I suspect he'll go - my position from viewing his body lingo on the lap of honour after the last game of last season.  However, if he doesn't go, he will be the same Clint as always - the man that will give his all for his team, his club AND his career.
This one will probably go down to the wire.
Nogood "we'll see, isit" Boyo

Reindeer

TonyGilroy

Clint wants to go NOW.

Moussa will happily stay one more year but will he sign an extended contract? Will he hell.

JBH

Its quite simple really.

If Clint wants out then all he has to do to make it real is to put in a transfer request.

It will let the clubs that want him know he is definiately available and the fans know that he wants to leave the club now.

So come on Clint if you read or hear about this then stop being silent and

BE HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT FROM THIS WINDOW

cottage cheese

Quote from: JBH on July 30, 2012, 01:38:18 PM
Its quite simple really.

If Clint wants out then all he has to do to make it real is to put in a transfer request.

It will let the clubs that want him know he is definiately available and the fans know that he wants to leave the club now.

he has been honest. He wants champions league football.

But fair to clint, he has not gone down the route of rvp,modric,rooney etc throwing their dummies out the pram. He is not that type of man, he will not want to leave with a sour note to the team who gave him his chance in football.

If he goes, I hope its abroad

MJG

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 30, 2012, 01:52:17 PM
Its quite simple really.

But fair to clint, he has not gone down the route of rvp,modric,rooney etc throwing their dummies out the pram. He is not that type of man, he will not want to leave with a sour note to the team who gave him his chance in football.

He has not thrown his dummy out thats true. But if he wants to go now, then he should put in a request, that is the honest thing to do.

epsomraver

Its quite simple really.

What he wants and what he will get will be two entirely different things, none of the cl clubs will give him first  team football every game he is fit.

cottage cheese

Quote from: epsomraver on July 30, 2012, 02:02:56 PM
Its quite simple really.

What he wants and what he will get will be two entirely different things, none of the cl clubs will give him first  team football every game he is fit.

That means nothing what he wants and what he will get. If a champions league team comes in for him, its goodbye. Regardless of what you and I think on starting every game, its his decision and if he feels its a move he wants then he will take it.

cottage cheese

Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2012, 02:01:37 PM
Its quite simple really.

He has not thrown his dummy out thats true. But if he wants to go now, then he should put in a request, that is the honest thing to do.

He has not said 100% he wants out just yet. You're right that the honest thing is to hand in a request but if he is not seeking a move as much as the papers say then its up to the club to give him the ultimatum to get the ball rolling!

itombomb

I don't think he necessarily wants to leave right now (it entirely depends on who is interested), but he absolutely has no desire to sign a new contract.

Whatever happens there is no way he is still a Fulham player at the start of the 2013/14 season.

epsomraver

Quote from: itombomb on July 30, 2012, 03:03:39 PM
I don't think he necessarily wants to leave right now (it entirely depends on who is interested), but he absolutely has no desire to sign a new contract.

Whatever happens there is no way he is still a Fulham player at the start of the 2013/14 season.

I think he will be, he knows which side his bread is buttered.

MasterHaynes

Not sure there will be a queue of clubs for him that would be better than Fulham next summer unless he has another fantastic season. Problem will be if Jol runs true to form if Demp's has not signed a contract by end of January he probably will not be picked so unable to impress possible buyers and unfortunately peoples memories are very short in football. past achievements count for little.

If he does not move this summer it will be an interesting game of poker, if Demps is to have a chnace of a winning hand he needs to playing out of his skin from the start and banging in the goals.

HatterDon

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 30, 2012, 02:39:27 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2012, 02:01:37 PM
Its quite simple really.

He has not said 100% he wants out just yet. You're right that the honest thing is to hand in a request but if he is not seeking a move as much as the papers say then its up to the club to give him the ultimatum to get the ball rolling!

I grow weary of typing this, but we have ZERO proof that Dempsey wants to leave Fulham this season. I chuckle that the fact that he has not made a transfer request is considered proof not only that he wants to leave but that he is being dishonest about this.

Yes, Dempsey has said that his ambition is to play Champions League Football. He first said that about 3 summers ago. There was speculation that he wanted to leave the club when Hughes signed on as manager. There was speculation that he was having difficulty with Jol and wanted to leave last summer. There's speculation now because THAT'S WHAT THE BLOODY SUMMER IS FOR.

I don't mind the speculation. I DO mind "this is proof" "this is a fact" and "he is definitely going/staying" because the FACT is that none of us on this site -- or the other Fulham sites -- really know what's going on, and there is no PROOF because neither the club nor the player has said anything will DEFINITELY happen.

Yes, I know, Sipwell, I'm grouchy and should go to bed, even though it isn't 1300 yet.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ffc73

He is injured.  I read it so it must be true

I expect that the FFC medical team will get him fit for 1st September and that on 31st December he will have a relapse and require all of January to rest and rehabilitate before being fit on 1st February

Terry Angus

Quote from: FFC73 on July 30, 2012, 06:48:07 PM
He is injured.  I read it so it must be true

I expect that the FFC medical team will get him fit for 1st September and that on 31st December he will have a relapse and require all of January to rest and rehabilitate before being fit on 1st February

i guarantee it won't be a mouth injury in january. his mouth will be working fine throughout the month and i'm sure he'll demonstrate that by clearly and loudly announcing to any journalist with a recording device that he wants to play champions' league football

mccscratch

Quote from: Terry Angus on July 30, 2012, 08:29:44 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on July 30, 2012, 06:48:07 PM
He is injured.  I read it so it must be true

i guarantee it won't be a mouth injury in january. his mouth will be working fine throughout the month and i'm sure he'll demonstrate that by clearly and loudly announcing to any journalist with a recording device that he wants to play champions' league football

so quit slagging him like you have been doing for the past few weeks over and over again... get behind the team and perhaps with this squad that still currently includes Clint Dempsey... we will be sitting in the top 4 in January and he may well get his wish next season WITH US... Newcastle did it last season and would have made it if it were not for a late season collapse and Chelsea stealing the CL...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise