Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Quote from: HatterDon on July 30, 2012, 06:38:38 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on July 30, 2012, 02:39:27 PM
Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2012, 02:01:37 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on July 30, 2012, 01:52:17 PM
Quote from: JBH on July 30, 2012, 01:38:18 PM
Its quite simple really.

If Clint wants out then all he has to do to make it real is to put in a transfer request.

It will let the clubs that want him know he is definiately available and the fans know that he wants to leave the club now.

So come on Clint if you read or hear about this then stop being silent and

BE HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT FROM THIS WINDOW

he has been honest. He wants champions league football.

But fair to clint, he has not gone down the route of rvp,modric,rooney etc throwing their dummies out the pram. He is not that type of man, he will not want to leave with a sour note to the team who gave him his chance in football.

If he goes, I hope its abroad
He has not thrown his dummy out thats true. But if he wants to go now, then he should put in a request, that is the honest thing to do.

He has not said 100% he wants out just yet. You're right that the honest thing is to hand in a request but if he is not seeking a move as much as the papers say then its up to the club to give him the ultimatum to get the ball rolling!

I grow weary of typing this, but we have ZERO proof that Dempsey wants to leave Fulham this season. I chuckle that the fact that he has not made a transfer request is considered proof not only that he wants to leave but that he is being dishonest about this.

Yes, Dempsey has said that his ambition is to play Champions League Football. He first said that about 3 summers ago. There was speculation that he wanted to leave the club when Hughes signed on as manager. There was speculation that he was having difficulty with Jol and wanted to leave last summer. There's speculation now because THAT'S WHAT THE BLOODY SUMMER IS FOR.

I don't mind the speculation. I DO mind "this is proof" "this is a fact" and "he is definitely going/staying" because the FACT is that none of us on this site -- or the other Fulham sites -- really know what's going on, and there is no PROOF because neither the club nor the player has said anything will DEFINITELY happen.

Yes, I know, Sipwell, I'm grouchy and should go to bed, even though it isn't 1300 yet.

Well if this is true heres your proof
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/30/3276041/dempsey-pulls-out-of-fulham-tour-to-force-liverpool-move?source=break

mccscratch

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 30, 2012, 08:41:08 PM
Its quite simple really.

If Clint wants out then all he has to do to make it real is to put in a transfer request.

It will let the clubs that want him know he is definiately available and the fans know that he wants to leave the club now.

But fair to clint, he has not gone down the route of rvp,modric,rooney etc throwing their dummies out the pram. He is not that type of man, he will not want to leave with a sour note to the team who gave him his chance in football.

He has not thrown his dummy out thats true. But if he wants to go now, then he should put in a request, that is the honest thing to do.

He has not said 100% he wants out just yet. You're right that the honest thing is to hand in a request but if he is not seeking a move as much as the papers say then its up to the club to give him the ultimatum to get the ball rolling!

I grow weary of typing this, but we have ZERO proof that Dempsey wants to leave Fulham this season. I chuckle that the fact that he has not made a transfer request is considered proof not only that he wants to leave but that he is being dishonest about this.

Yes, Dempsey has said that his ambition is to play Champions League Football. He first said that about 3 summers ago. There was speculation that he wanted to leave the club when Hughes signed on as manager. There was speculation that he was having difficulty with Jol and wanted to leave last summer. There's speculation now because THAT'S WHAT THE BLOODY SUMMER IS FOR.

I don't mind the speculation. I DO mind "this is proof" "this is a fact" and "he is definitely going/staying" because the FACT is that none of us on this site -- or the other Fulham sites -- really know what's going on, and there is no PROOF because neither the club nor the player has said anything will DEFINITELY happen.

Yes, I know, Sipwell, I'm grouchy and should go to bed, even though it isn't 1300 yet.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/30/3276041/dempsey-pulls-out-of-fulham-tour-to-force-liverpool-move?source=break

As discussed in the other thread.... Goal.com is nowhere near reliable... notice nobody else is running with this story other than them...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

epsomraver

If he wants to "force a move" a simple transfer request would suffice as already posted several times.

MJG

Quote from: mccscratch on July 30, 2012, 08:47:57 PM
Its quite simple really.

As discussed in the other thread.... Goal.com is nowhere near reliable... notice nobody else is running with this story other than them...
BBC reporter has confirmed he is not on trip and fulham say its because of injury.

Terry Angus

Quote from: mccscratch on July 30, 2012, 08:39:31 PM
get behind the team and perhaps with this squad that still currently includes Clint Dempsey... we will be sitting in the top 4 in January and he may well get his wish next season WITH US... Newcastle did it last season and would have made it if it were not for a late season collapse and Chelsea stealing the CL...

this is what someone should say to dempsey

mccscratch

Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2012, 08:51:27 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on July 30, 2012, 08:47:57 PM
Its quite simple really.

BBC reporter has confirmed he is not on trip and fulham say its because of injury.

Thanks MJG
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

TonyGilroy

I think we can all agree that it is what it is.

BestOfBrede

Gordon Bennit - why don't we grow some? .....
Fulham: Clint we want you to stay and here's the new deal on offer. Now, you either sign or you go immediately on the transfer list. This will allow US time to find a buyer, and find a replacement! What is your answer?
Clint: I want to see what clubs come in for me before I sign anew deal.
Fulham: the offer stands until 1st Aug and then, if not signed, you are out!

Bassey the warrior

What a c**k that interviewer is. As far as Clint's concerned he's really not saying anything new. If after talking about only leaving to play Champions League football I will be very disappointed though. They are at least a year off of Champions League qualification. They are behind Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and arguably Newcastle Utd.
If Newcastle Utd lose Cabaye they will struggle though. A great set of players but he holds everything together.

itombomb

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 30, 2012, 05:24:51 PM
Not sure there will be a queue of clubs for him that would be better than Fulham next summer unless he has another fantastic season
If his goal is to play Champions League football, then there are 32 teams that are better than Fulham, and a lot of them would gladly take him on a free and would offer him a bigger salary than Fulham could under our wage structure.

See Arsenal acquiring a 26 year old Chamakh who had never scored more than 16 goals in a season. Wenger would never have paid for him, but won out against a number of teams to sign him on a free.