more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (29/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 29, 2012, 07:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Fulham boss eyes double transfer swoop

MARTIN Jol wants to add at least two more signings before the end of the transfer window as he shapes his new-look Fulham side for the forthcoming campaign.

The Whites have so far brought in right-back Sascha Riether on loan from Cologne, while Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega have also made the switch to Craven Cottage.

But boss Jol still wants to sign a replacement for departed skipper Danny Murphy and add another striker to his ranks after seeing a permanent move for Pavel Pogrebnyak go down the pan.

He exclusively told the Chronicle: "I'm very happy with the players we've brought in.

"Rodallega is fit now. He had an ankle injury but trained for the first time on Friday. Petric is looking pretty good as well.

"Rodallega is similar to Andy Johnson. He's got a lot of pace to stretch defences and can also play on the left.

"Petric is a number nine but can play off a big man as well. He's really versatile. I know him from Hamburg and he was a very talented boy.

"We're still looking to strengthen because we lost three strikers; Bobby [Zamora] in January and Andy and Pogrebnyak.

"We've got Rodallega and Petric and maybe we're still on the lookout for another one."

Jol revealed he thought he had agreed terms with Murphy over a new one-year contract, only for Blackburn to hijack the move at the 11th hour.

And the Dutchman still plans to bolster his engine room despite signing up Mahamadou Diarra for another season in SW6.

"I was sad that Danny went," Jol added. "We agreed terms then Blackburn offered him two years. That happened within one or two hours so I was not happy with that.

"I wish him all the best because he was a great servant for this club and I wanted to keep him.

"Diarra can play that role and Dickson [Etuhu] is still here, but we're certainly looking for one midfield player."

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/fulham-fc-ealing/2012/07/28/82029-31491595/?

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Jol quiet on Liverpool's interest in Clint Dempsey

Clint Dempsey

MARTIN Jol refused to be drawn on speculation linking Liverpool with a move for Clint Dempsey – but hopes to keep hold of Fulham's star man.

The American has been hotly-tipped for a switch to Anfield after Reds manager Brendan Rodgers publicly declared interest in the 29-year-old.

However, the Whites insists they've received no bids for the forward, who smashed 23 goals last season.

Dempsey is entering the final 12 months of his deal at the club, but boss Jol was remaining positive when quizzed about his future.

"I don't want to talk about that [speculation]," he told the Chronicle. "I love Clint, he scored a lot of goals and I want to keep him."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/07/28/82029-31493544/?#ixzz21za3hgAy

WhiteJC

Fulham 'line up transfer bid for Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin'
Andrey Arshavin has emerged as a transfer target for Fulham, after the Arsenal star decided he would prefer to stay in England than return to Russia.

Arshavin's inconsistency has always frustrated Arsenal fans.

The 31-year-old is not in Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger's plans for the new campaign and it was thought he would sign for Zenit St Petersburg on a permanent basis, having spent the second half of last season with them on loan.

However, Arshavin and his wife, Julia, wish to stay in London as they want their children to go to school in the capital, reports the Evening Standard.

That has seemingly caught the attention of Fulham manager Martin Jol, who is looking to add a creative player to his squad.

Fulham have not yet made a bid, but have apparently contacted Arsenal and Arshavin's agent to express their interest.

The Gunners are keen to remove the Russia international from their wage bill and would accept an offer in the region of £1million, but he would have to agree to a sizeable pay cut in order to secure a move to Craven Cottage.

Fulham have also been linked with Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun, who is surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge after returning from a loan spell at Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/906567-fulham-line-up-transfer-bid-for-arsenals-andrey-arshavin#ixzz21zaX3qc3

WhiteJC

The unnoticed rise of Fulham

Permission to expand Craven Cottage is another indicator of Fulham's steady improvement.

Having narrowly escaped relegation on goal difference in the 2007/08 season, Fulham have steadily improved into a top-half club with prudent management and shrewd signings. On Friday, Hammersmith & Fulham Council granted permission to the club to expand Craven Cottage to 30,000 seats and marks the club's ambition, and financial rationality, to continually improve the club without mortgaging the club's future.

It was in the nearly fatal season of 2007/08, where Fulham's progression commenced as Roy Hodgson – who took over from a struggling Lawrie Sanchez mid-sesason – established the foundations for a team that would be in the ascendency over the following few seasons. Paul Konchesky, Danny Murphy and Brede Hangeland were acquired for modest sums and would play a role in Fulham's subsequent success.

Fulham's astute transfer activity continued in the 2009/10 season as Damien Duff was purchased for £3.5m and settled in quickly. The team progressed through the latter stages of the Europa League beating European heavyweights Juventus, Hamburg and Shakhtar Donetsk which culminated in a final against Atletico Madrid where they were finally thwarted in extra time in a 2-1 loss.

The team's league form suffered due to the extended Europa League run that had initially started in July in the qualifying rounds but saw manager Roy Hodgson be awarded the LMA's Manager of the Year and then disappointingly leave the club to take over Liverpool from the departing Rafa Benitez.

Mark Hughes was appointed to replace Hodgson and even a managerial change could not stop Fulham's consistency. Former Chelsea and Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell was obtained for a mere £500,000 in addition to young Belgian Moussa Dembélé as new manager Mark Hughes led the club to an 8th place finish.

The manager inexplicably resigned from his post at the Craven Cottage club but was replaced with Martin Jol and with the acquisitions of Kerim Frei, Kasami, Bryan Ruiz, Grygera and Pogrebnyak, the Dutchman led the club to a ninth place finish. Again, the net spending was £5m as the club continued their uncanny habit of finding value in talent.

The club's understated rise has been consistent despite managerial changes and a turnover of players. The club have been prudent in their spending and a report of Fulham's finances for the 2010/11 season showed the club ran at a small £2m loss.

The announcement that the club had been granted permission to increase capacity at Craven Cottage is further proof that the club are looking to grow through anchored and sensible methods.

Increased ticket sales revenue should further advance the club's prolificacy in the transfer market. The club were still in the old Division 2 in 1999 and after heavy investment from the club's owner Mohamed Al-Fayed, the club were promoted to the Premier League in 2001.

If the heavy spending of those years landed Fulham in the top tier of English football, the task to rise up the Premier League has cultivated a different approach to club management and Fulham will in future continue to grow.

http://hereisthecity.com/2012/07/27/the-unnoticed-rise-of-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Jol coy on Dempsey talk
Cottagers boss hoping to keep American at club

Clint Dempsey: Has been linked with a move to Liverpool this summer

Fulham manager Martin Jol is keeping quiet over speculation linking Clint Dempsey with a Liverpool move but is keen to keep the star forward at Craven Cottage.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has made his interest in the USA international known but the Cottagers insist they have received no bids for the 29-year-old.

Dempsey, who netted 23 goals for Fulham last season, is entering the final year of his deal in West London having joined the club from New England Revolution in 2007.

Jol is reluctant to discuss the transfer talk surrounding the American but says he wants to keep him at the club.

"I don't want to talk about that (speculation)," the manager told the Fulham Chronicle.

"I love Clint, he scored a lot of goals and I want to keep him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/7945806?

WhiteJC

Jol eyeing two more
Cottagers boss wants to add striker and midfielder

Martin Jol: Has not finished his transfer business for the summer yet

Fulham manager Martin Jol is looking to bolster his squad with at least two more signings before the transfer window closes this summer.

The Cottagers have already added Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega on free transfers, while also bringing in right-back Sascha Riether on loan from Cologne.
Jol is on the hunt for a replacement for departed captain Danny Murphy in midfield and another striker after missing out on Pavel Pogrebnyak to Reading.

"I'm very happy with the players we've brought in," he told the Fulham Chronicle.

"Rodallega is fit now. He had an ankle injury but trained for the first time on Friday. Petric is looking pretty good as well.

"Rodallega is similar to Andy Johnson. He's got a lot of pace to stretch defences and can also play on the left.

"Petric is a number nine but can play off a big man as well. He's really versatile. I know him from Hamburg and he was a very talented boy.

"We're still looking to strengthen because we lost three strikers; Bobby [Zamora] in January and Andy and Pogrebnyak.

"We've got Rodallega and Petric and maybe we're still on the lookout for another one."

Disappointed

Ex-skipper Murphy departed the club for Blackburn earlier this month, a move that disappointed Jol after the midfielder had agreed terms on a new one-year deal at Craven Cottage.

"I was sad that Danny went," added the manager.

"We agreed terms then Blackburn offered him two years. That happened within one or two hours so I was not happy with that.

"I wish him all the best because he was a great servant for this club and I wanted to keep him.

"(Mahamadou) Diarra can play that role and Dickson [Etuhu] is still here, but we're certainly looking for one midfield player."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7945968/?

WhiteJC

Another goal for Petric as Fulham win

Wycombe 0 Fulham 3

Summer signing Mladen Petric scored for the third consecutive game before late goals from Bryan Ruiz and Steve Sidwell rounded off a comfortable win for Fulham.

Croatian striker Petric curled home a shot from the edge of the penalty area to put them ahead in the 18th minute.

Buomesca Tue Ne Bangna had two chances to add to Fulham's lead in the second half.

The youngster miscued following good work on the left by Petric and was denied by Nikki Bull after being put through by Ruiz's lovely pass.

Ruiz, back from a foot injury, produced another moment of class midway through the half when Bull had to scramble to tip over the Costa Rican's delicate chip.

Bull also kept out a long-range effort from Mahamadou Diarra, but Ruiz's brilliant 30-yard free-kick gave the Wycombe keeper no chance.

And with three minutes remaining Sascha Rieher's low cross ran to Sidwell, who netted at the far post.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/another-goal-for6-petric-as12-fulham-win?

WhiteJC

Riise's Review

Fulham's unbeaten pre-season schedule continued on Saturday afternoon with a comprehensive 3-0 victory over League Two Wycombe Wanderers.

Left-back John Arne Riise played the full 90 minutes of the tie and the Norwegian enjoyed playing in the entertaining friendly game at a gloriously sunny Adams Park.

"It was a good match to play in," John told fulhamfc.com. "The pitch was good and they proved to be a tough opponent; even though they lost, they worked hard but we played well and played some good football.

"One thing that they could potentially have beat us on was hard work so we made sure we matched them and worked hard as well. We tried not to give them much space and when we had the ball we tried to keep the ball well and make them run, which we did.

"It was a decent game from us and it was another step forward to where we want to be and now we look forward to another week of hard work."

Martin Jol's men are now over halfway through their pre-season matches and Riise is pleased with how the squad is shaping up.

"Our fitness levels are good," he said. "I think we all came back quite fit even after holidays. Personally, I worked very hard before I came back and I saw a lot of the other players do the same thing.

"So I've found it quite easy to be fair because I was prepared and I'm enjoying pre-season."

While it was an eye-catching team performance from Fulham, if you were pressed to choose a man of the match it would be difficult to look beyond Bryan Ruiz.

The Costa Rican was making only his second appearance since breaking his metatarsal and he orchestrated many of Fulham's best attacking moves, before scoring our second goal with a sumptuous 25 yard free-kick.

John was full of praise for his team mate and emphasised how impressed he was to see him find form so soon after his spell on the sidelines.

"The worst thing when you get injured is coming back and worrying if you've still got the confidence to do what you did normally before you were injured," John explained. "You can see there were no doubts about Bryan; he's enjoying being back playing, he wants the ball at his feet and he keeps the ball well.

"He's worked hard to come back so soon and now he just wants to enjoy playing football and you can see that he's playing well at the moment."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/RiisesReview.aspx?

WhiteJC

Manager Reaction

Fulham Manager Martin Jol believed there were plenty of positives to come from his side's 3-0 pre-season friendly win at Wycombe Wanderers.

Goals from Mladen Petric, Bryan Ruiz and Steve Sidwell sealed a comfortable victory for a strong Whites side as they continued their good pre-season form.

"It was a good workout," said Jol. "All of the players had 45 minutes in each game [in Germany] last week and around eight of them played 90 minutes this afternoon.

"We scored three cracking goals so that was good to see. It's not Mladen's first goal; that was his fourth of pre-season. What can I say, he's a goal poacher.

"And it was good to see Bryan Ruiz back to full fitness. He showed some very good touches and I thought he was the best player on the pitch."

Ruiz capped a man-of-the-match display with a superb second when he curled home a fine free-kick from 25 yards, before Sidwell added a third a minute after.

And with a year's experience of the Premier League now under Ruiz's belt, Jol is hoping for big things this term from the Costa Rican.

"He took the free-kick well," said Jol. "He's a terrific player who I know well. Hopefully he can show our fans now what he can do. He was out for a few months last season with an horrific injury so I was very happy to see him.

"It was also good to see Sidwell. He was injured for a few months last season and it was a real problem for us but he came on and scored a typical Sidwell goal. There were plenty of positives."

Another plus for Jol was the display of young Buomesca Tue Na Bangna, who caused the Wycombe defence no end of problems.

"He joined us last year from Chelsea," said Jol. "I believed in him and gave him a contract. He started with the Development Squad but trained with the First Team quite a few times. He's exciting but don't expect too much as he's still only 18. He's a terrific talent, but we have a few."

Jol named a near full-strength starting XI but he was without the services of injured trio Hugo Rodallega, Clint Dempsey and Simon Davies.

"Both Hugo and Clint are still a couple of weeks away from full fitness," explained Jol. "Hugo came in and did his medical and it was fine but he had an ankle injury. He trained for the first time on Friday.

"Simon Davies was also absent with a neck problem. He couldn't be involved today but he will be back next week."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/JolWycombeReaction.aspx?

WhiteJC

Classy Fulham ease past Blues

FULHAM had to wait to seal things as they dominated this afternoon's friendly with Wycombe Wanderers.

For long periods it looked as though the London side would go home with just a 1-0 win as they created and missed several hatfuls of chances.

It looked like Mladen Petric's classy finish would be all they'd manage until a stunning free-kick from Bryan Ruiz and a Steve Sidwell tap-in made sure the final scoreline reflected the pattern of play.

On the positive side the Wanderers defence played with an assurance that was so sadly lacking at times last season - they won't face international quality strikers every week in League Two so this match will stand them in good stead.

Fulham went in front as Moussa Dembele wriggled clear down the left before laying into Petric's path, and his tidy curling shot gave Bull no chance.

The Croatian had come close on two previous occasions, doing superbly to rob Grant Basey before hammering wide and jabbing a second effort just past the far post after strike partner Bryan Ruiz had held the ball up for him.

It was no less than Fulham deserved as their slick passing oozed Premier League quality and the Wanderers defence had their work cut out trying to deal with it.

To their credit the trio of chances that Petric had were all Fulham managed in the opening quarter of the game, but strikers Richard Logan and Stuart Beavon had to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball.

When Blues did attack they left themselves open to a counter attack and Basey had to put in a great tackle to stop Petric from adding to his total as the Cottagers broke rapidly following a spell of Wycombe pressure.

The home supporters had to wait a full 35 minutes before seeing their team create a chance. Beavon intercepted a wayward Dembele pass and freed the tenacious Sam Wood, and he and Logan combined to create the space for Stuart Lewis but the midfielder's shot was always rising well above Mark Schwarzer's crossbar.

Fulham were well on top though and could have extended their lead as Mesca stole in ahead of Basey and clipped his shot just over and Bull dived to smother a low, skidding free-kick from dangerman Petric.

He carried on where he left off after the break as he worked his way to the byline before pulling it back for Mesca, but the Guinea midfielder made a total hash of the finish and ended up returning the ball to Petric, who had stepped off the pitch after delivering his cross.

Alex Kacaniklic fired straight at Bull after breaking free before Matt Spring hammered the ball out of the ground from 25 yards.

Petric was withdrawn on the hour mark, along with Kacaniklic, just after Mesca had forced Bull into making a good save with his feet after breaking clear of an overworked Wanderers defence.

But despite his withdrawal Fulham were continuing to create chances and John Arne Riise shot narrowly wide from an acute angle when pulling it back to substitute Kerim Frei might have been a better option.

Next to have a go was Ruiz as he intercepted Gary Doherty's pass before placing a delicate lob over Bull's head. It looked destined for the back of the net until a cat-like save from the Blues keeper turned the ball over.

Wycombe's keeper was soon back in action as he beat away a stinging drive from former Real Madrid midfielder Mahamadou Diarra, before the biggest round of applause from the home fans welcomed the introduction from the bench of last season's loan star Marcello Trotta.

He won a free-kick 20 yards out that Ruiz superbly curled around the wall and into the top corner as Fulham finally managed to double their advantage.

A minute later they had a third as Steve Sidwell tapped home from a matter of feet as Blues failed to cut out Sascha Riether's cross from the right, but in between the two goals Dennis Oli had got past the visiting defence before slicing it straight at Schwarzer.

Wanderers: Bull, McCoy, Basey (sub Dunne), Doherty, Stewart (sub Johnson), Oli, Lewis, Spring (sub Bloomfield), Wood (sub Angol), Beavon (sub Grant), Logan (sub McClure). Substitutes not used: Ingram.

http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/9843760.Classy_Fulham_ease_past_Blues/?

WhiteJC

Report: Blues 0-3 Fulham

Wycombe's unbeaten start to pre-season came to an end as they lost 3-0 to a strong Fulham side at Adams Park.
Wanderers found it tough going breaking down their Premier League opponents and the visitors secured victory through Mladen Petric's first-half goal and efforts in the final five minutes from Bryan Ruiz and Steve Sidwell.

Petric had the first effort of the game in the 14th minute, but he dragged his shot wide of Nikki Bull's left-hand post. 

However, the striker made no mistake three minutes later when he was given too much space 20 yards out from goal and powerfully fired past a helpless Bull. 

Petric was proving the main threat to the Wanderers and Grant Basey produced a fine challenge to prevent him going through on goal.

Wycombe struggled to pose much of an attacking threat in the first half, but Stuart Beavon and Sam Wood, on his home debut, both looked lively.

Chairboys' first effort came 10 minutes before the break when Fulham failed to deal with a free-kick and Stuart Lewis shot over the bar from the edge of the area.

Buomesca Tue Ne Bangna came close to doubling the lead four minutes later, but he curled a strike over the bar following neat play from Mahamadou Diarra, Moussa Dembele and Petric.

Bull was called into action shortly before the break and did well to save Petric's curling free-kick, which was destined for the bottom-right corner.

Alex Kacaniklic shot straight at Bull five minutes into the second half and Wycombe's keeper made himself big to deny Ne Bangna after the youngster was played in on goal.

Lewis crashed an effort over the bar just before the hour and John Arne Riise wastefully shot over when well placed.

Bull produced a fine stop to tip Bryan Ruiz's chip over the bar after Steve Sidwell had intercepted Gary Doherty's pass.

Diarra tested Bull again in the 68th minute, but he was more than equal to the task and parried the long-ranger away for a corner.

Bryan Ruiz added a second for the visitors five minutes from time when he curled an unstoppable 25-yard free-kick past Bull before substitute Steve Sidwell slid in Sascha Riether's cross two minutes later.

Wycombe: Bull, McCoy, Basey (Dunne 63), Doherty, Stewart (Johnson 63), Oli, Lewis, Spring (Bloomfield 63), Wood (Angol 74), Beavon (Grant 63), Logan (McClure 74)
Subs: Ingram.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Riether, Riise, Hughes, Hangeland, Dembele (Trotta 76), Diarra, Mesca, Ruiz, Kacaniklic (Sidwell 59), Petric (Frei 59).
Subs: Somogyi, Burn, Pritchard, Kelly, Etuhu.Attendance: 1711

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk//news/article/report-blues-0-3-fulham-275749.aspx

WhiteJC

Fulham boss tips Ruiz to shine

MARTIN Jol hopes Fulham fans will see the best of Bryan Ruiz this season after his return from injury.

The Costa Rican star scored just two goals in 30 appearances for the Whites since his £10million move from FC Twente last summer before a broken foot ended his campaign early.

But the 26-year-old is back to full fitness and capped a man-of-the-match display with a stunning free-kick in this afternoon's 3-0 pre-season friendly win at Wycombe.

And boss Jol believes Ruiz is ready to show what he can do.

He said: "It was good to see Bryan Ruiz back to full fitness. He showed some very good touches and I thought he was the best man on the pitch.

"I hope [he will have more impact this season]. He's a terrific player so hopefully he can show our fans now.

"He needed six months [to get used to the Premier League] and I thought over the last few months after that he was good, then he had a horrific injury and was out for four or five months.

"I was very happy to see him back."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/07/28/82029-31496691/?#ixzz21zeJEBKL

WhiteJC

Wycombe 0 3 Fulham

The Croatian had already struck an effort wide before claiming his fourth goal in as many games in the 18th minute with a fine curling effort from the edge of the box.

Bloomfield and Dembele: Battle for possession

Wycombe goalkeeper Nikki Bull produced a fine fingertip save to thwart Bryan Ruiz midway through the second half but the Costa Rican was not to be denied with five minutes left when he found the top corner with a 25-yard free-kick.

Steve Sidwell added a third two minutes later, converting Sascha Riether's cross at the far post.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-report/264759/petric-scores-in-fulham-victory?

WhiteJC

Rodallega forced to wait for Fulham debut

HUGO Rodallega will have to wait for his Fulham debut as he continues his recovery from an ankle injury.

The summer arrival from Wigan Athletic trained with his new team-mates at the club's Motspur Park training base yesterday, but is still a fortnight away from a return to action.

Boss Martin Jol said: "He will need a couple of weeks. We did our medical check, which was good, but he had a short-term injury to his ankle."

Simon Davies (pictured) should resume training next week following a neck problem.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2012/07/28/82029-31496698/?#ixzz21zf9TMku

WhiteJC

Whites waltz through Wycombe
by DAN on JULY 28, 2012

Moussa Dembele (right) battles Matt Bloomfield for the ball at Adams Park

Fulham continued their impressive preparations for the new season with a comfortable win at Wycombe Wanderers this afternoon – and the margin of victory could have been even greater were it not for the sharp reflexes of Nikki Bull who kept the League Two side in the contest for much of the second half.

This was Wycombe's first home game since their supporters' trust had successfully completed their takeover of the club from Steve Hayes but none of Gary Waddock's six summer signings had much of a chance to shine as Fulham's courtesy extended only to naming a very strong first eleven. On this very day a year ago, Martin Jol's side secured a battling draw away at RNK Split in the third qualifying round of the Europa League, in what was already their fifth fixture of a frantic summer. This term, Fulham have benefited from the more mundane pre-season pace, with a short tour of Germany designed to deliver peak fitness by mid-August and the signs are promising.

Mladen Petric, a clever close-season capture from Hamburg, looks ideally suited to the loan striker role vacated by Pavel Pogrebnyak, especially after scoring his four summer strike in as many matches. The 31 year-old needed just a single sighter, which he created for himself after Grant Basey had dawdled in possession, before opening the scoring eighteen minutes in. The Croatian collected possession twenty yards from goal in a central position and bent a brilliant effort around a beaten Bull and into the far corner.

Wycombe's leaky defence had doomed their fight against relegation – spearheaded for a while by Marcello Trotta, who returned to Adams Park as a late substitute today – last term and there were signs that they might have been overwhelmed by their top flight visitors. Only a superb saving tackle from Basey prevented Petric from reaching a raking through ball from Bryan Ruiz and new skipper Garry Doherty bravely blocked a powerful blast from Moussa Dembele. Just before the break some excellent approach play between the Belgian and Petric, who also went close with a free-kick, almost presented a second to Mesca Na Bangna but the pacy winger lifted his finish over the crossbar.

The sum total of Wycombe's first half efforts was a rising drive from midfielder Stuart Lewis, who signed his first professional contract with Martin Jol at Tottenham, and, although the hosts were more competitive after the break, they never unduly troubled Mark Schwarzer. Matthew Spring, who made his first appearance in professional football alongside the man who now manages him for Luton back in September 1997, wasted a decent shooting opportunity when John Arne Riise's clearing header fell at his feet but Fulham were largely on the front foot.

Ruiz, making his first start since injury curtailed his season last March, was increasingly becoming more influential operating behind Petric. The Costa Rican's cultured pass sent Mesca marauding through on goal but Bull stood up well and then the ex-QPR and Hayes custodian did brilliantly to tip over a well-disguised lob from Ruiz as he was desperately backpeddling. Bull then fisted away a venomous drive from Mahamadou Diarra, but it appeared only a matter of time before the Premier League side clinched the contest with a second. It came from Ruiz's magical left foot, when curled a superb set-piece beyond Bull's reach from 25 yards, and the energetic Sascha Riechter marked another outstanding display, characterised by energetic overlapping down the right, with a low cross that was gleefully tucked away by the returning Steve Sidwell two minutes later.

It was little more than a pleasing summer stroll for Fulham and judging where Jol's side are in top flight terms is difficult on the evidence of a half-pace friendly against a side three divisions down the pyramid. But the manager and his coaching staff will have been pleased by the professional nature of their team's performance, especially with a trip to Nice to come at the weekend.

WYCOMBE WANDERERS (4-4-2): Bull; McCoy, Basey (Dunne 63), Doherty, Stewart (Johnson 63); Lewis, Spring (Bloomfield 63), Oli, Wood (Angol 75); Logan (McClure 75), Beavon (Grant 63). Subs (not used): Ingram.

FULHAM (4-2-3-1): Schwarzer; Riether, J.A. Riise, Hughes, Hangeland; Diarra, Dembele (Trotta 77); Ruiz, Kacaniklic (Sidwell 59), Na Banga; Petric (Frei 59). Subs: Somogyi, Kelly, Burn, Pritchard, Etuhu.

GOALS: Petric (18), Ruiz (85), Sidwell (87).

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/07/whites-waltz-through-wycombe/?

WhiteJC

Tired Dempsey misses Fulham win as Jol reiterates desire to keep star

Fulham manager Martin Jol reiterated his desire to keep Clint Dempsey after the 'tired' USA international missed his side's 3-0 win at Wycombe on Saturday.

Dempsey is a target for Liverpool but Jol said: 'Clint has been away in America and was tired after the travelling. That is the only reason he did not play.

Not for sale: Martin Jol said after Fulham's win over Wycombe Wanderers that he wants Clint Dempsey to stay

'We have not had any bids and do not want to sell him.'

Goals from new signing Mladen Petric, Bryan Ruiz and Steve Sidwell gave Fulham a routine win.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2180425/Clint-Dempsey-sale-says-Martin-Jol.html#ixzz21zfoQ8ko

WhiteJC

FULHAM WANT ARSENAL PLAYMAKER ANDREY ARSHAVIN AND CHELSEA MIDFIELDER YOSSI BENAYOUN

FULHAM want Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin, 31, in a cut-price £1m deal and are also keen on Chelsea's Yossi Benayoun.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/336008?

WhiteJC

Jol vows to keep Dempsey

Martin Jol says he does not want to comment on speculation linking Clint Dempsey to Liverpool but hopes to keep the striker at Fulham.

The American international is wanted by Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers but Fulham insist they have yet to receive an offer for the striker who bagged 23 goals last season.

Dempsey is about to enter the final 12 months of his contract and Jol has vowed to try and keep hold of the player, despite a strong possibility he will be heading to Anfield.

"I don't want to talk about that (speculation)," Jol told the Fulham Chronicle. "I love Clint, he scored a lot of goals and I want to keep him."

Liverpool are ready to offer £10million and the Cottagers will struggle to turn down such a bid no matter how determined Jol is to keep hold of the player.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/07/29/Jol-vows-to-keep-Dempsey/gnid-149121/?

WhiteJC

Bjorn Helge Riise return to Lillestrøm

CONFIRMED: Lillestrøm has come to an agreement with Bjorn Helge Riise. PHOTO: SIMON DAWSON

Done in Fulham.

By: André Almløv
Lillestrøm has confirmed that it has secured Bjorn Helge Riise. National team player is free after his contract with Fulham has expired.

The midfielder played for Lillestrøm until the summer of 2009, when he was sold to Fulham. He was hired out to both Portsmouth and Sheffield United in the period at the London club. Now facing 29-year-old words back to Åråsen.

16 new players
Riise was presented to the LSK fans at halftime in the match between Lillestrøm and Molde on Saturday night.

- I made ​​a promise three years ago that if I was going back to Norway, it was here, and it's so good to be able to keep that promise, said Riise, and suggested also that he hoped to play their way into the national discussion again with good game for the stream.

Riise is the club's 14 new player this season, 16 if one counts with Marius Høibraaten and Joakim Osvold admitted from their own stables, both of which are on the bench today.

- Bjorn Helge would come here, and it's very nice to sign players who are so eager to get to Lillestrøm, says sports director Torgeir Bjarmann.

- We hope to produce a strain with established players in their prime, combined with their own youngsters. Although we have signed many players this season, we had three players late against Molde who played junior football with us.

- Now we basically have in more players.

Little-flow of new players in 2012: Sead Ramovic (FK Novi Pazar), Jacob Faye-Lund (VIF), Isaac Scheel (Sogndal), Espen Nystuen (Sandefjord), Jesper Westerberg (Mjällby), Anders Østli (SønderjyskE), Fredrik Stoor (VIF -loans), Espen Søgård (Start), Palmi Palmason (Quotes), Johan Andersson (Quotes), Erik Central Garden (Flora Tallinn), Guy Roger Toindouba (Esperance de Tunis), Thorstein Helstad (AS Monaco).

http://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffotball.aftenposten.no%2Feliteserien%2Farticle244368.ece

WhiteJC

Halliche (Fulham) through the viewfinder of the IS

Looking for a defender to give greater axial stability to the central hinge of African champions, leaders Esperance Sportive de Tunis (IS) are the last few weeks on the trail of the Algerian international Rafik Halliche.

Halliche (born 09/02/1986) is under contract with his club Fulham until 30 June 2013 and responsible for training English are not willing to let him go without transfer fees.

If the player was hesitant at the beginning of negotiations saw a return to Africa was not in his plans, negotiations are also complicated with Fulham which requires more than 400,000 pounds (one billion of our millimes) to separate the Algerian defender.

The case is therefore difficult to conclude whether the leaders of Fulham camped on their position especially when you know the financial sacrifices made by management to keep the duo Esperanto-Y.

Msakni Ndjeng and to recruit and recently Belaili Youcine Ragued. Blood and Gold officials are however other tracks (Tunisian) to strengthen the defensive sector before the deadline (August 5th) for adding players to the African list

http://www.esperance-de-tunis.net/mercato/halliche-fulham-dans-le-viseur-de-lesperance