watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Riverside stand

Started by BedsFFC, July 30, 2012, 05:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I think with the fact that there will be access via the river walk, I've got a sneaky feeling that the  Putney side of the new stand will be allocated to away fans. Home fans would access via Hammy end as they do already. That way away fans would enter just via the river entrance. This could in theory, do away with the neutral area and have all 3 sides as home. I know the Hammersmith end has always been (in my lifetime) the home end but I've always though that with the players coming through that way and the Cottage being our unique structure that actually the Putney end is more suited to being home end.

watfordwhite

Thats a very fair point, and one I would welcome. Downside it would wake up all of the riverside supporters.  :clap_hands:
Oh by the way  076.gif :

watfordwhite

Oh and keep on posting so you can get rid of that stupid MJ hand

zzamora

All the away fans next to the corporate? Really?

I would like this- want to see a three home stand rule.

Would the putney be loud is the question- would some people from the Hammy End volunteer to move into it to make it so?

watfordwhite

Quote from: ddeuce on July 30, 2012, 05:17:41 PM

Would the putney be loud is the question- would some people from the Hammy End volunteer to move into it to make it so?

Worked in the Europa!!!!. Give the away fans the lower section, Corporate in the middle, Home (the quiet ones, you know who you are!!!) fans top section.
I have a season ticket in H6, but could/ would move to the Putney.

zzamora

Quote from: watfordwhite on July 30, 2012, 05:25:19 PM

Worked in the Europa!!!!. Give the away fans the lower section, Corporate in the middle, Home (the quiet ones, you know who you are!!!) fans top section.

In the Europa League the Johnny Haynes was given as away. That would not work in the Premier League.

The whole of the bottom stand of the Riverside? hmmm.

watfordwhite

Quote from: ddeuce on July 30, 2012, 05:27:48 PM

In the Europa League the Johnny Haynes was given as away. That would not work in the Premier League.

It would be easy to limit away numbers IE smaller away following, no clash of supporters (we dont have that now even in the PUTNEY)

Sorry I meant we gave 1/4 of the JH to away support in Europa. Apart for Juve who smashed up their own coach, we had no problems.
( mind you, we smashed up our own supporters in Juve!!!!!!!)

zzamora

Quote from: watfordwhite on July 30, 2012, 05:34:49 PM

It would be easy to limit away numbers IE smaller away following, no clash of supporters (we dont have that now even in the PUTNEY)

Sorry I meant we gave 1/4 of the JH to away support in Europa. Apart for Juve who smashed up their own coach, we had no problems.

We have to give a minimum amount of away tickets depending on size of stadium. its currently 2,500, but would have to be 3,000 if we are 30,000 (I think)

watfordwhite

I think BedsFFC had the right idea, when the team come out to a noise from the home support, this and the noise from 3 home stands could help the boys on.
They always play better when facing the Hammy, because that is where the support is. So if both ends were full of home support ?

HatterDon

Welcome to the site, and where in Bedfordshire do you hang your hat?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BedsFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on July 30, 2012, 06:41:00 PM

Formerly of SW London, now in county town of beds. Also formerly of TFI under different name. Without question this is the best forum right now for all things ffc. Thanks for welcome mr HD

HatterDon

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 30, 2012, 08:25:37 PM

Formerly of SW London, now in county town of beds. Also formerly of TFI under different name. Without question this is the best forum right now for all things ffc. Thanks for welcome mr HD

Lived in Bedford and later Kempston many many MANY prime ministers ago.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BedsFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on July 30, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on July 30, 2012, 08:25:37 PM

Lived in Bedford and later Kempston many many MANY prime ministers ago.
If that was a take on the area called Prime Ministers in Bedford, I'm very impressed. Been here 6 years. Good n bad about it but it has become home

Andy_M

Just to jump in on the Bedfordshire related stuff, I live in Dunstable so not that far from Bedford or Kempston.
@got_maile

Burt

Quote from: ddeuce on July 30, 2012, 05:37:18 PM
Quote from: watfordwhite on July 30, 2012, 05:34:49 PM

We have to give a minimum amount of away tickets depending on size of stadium. its currently 2,500, but would have to be 3,000 if we are 30,000 (I think)

Correct - where the host stadium has a capacity of 30,000, then up to 3,000 may be allocated to away fans.

fulhamfan

i used to live in leighton buzzard

TonyGilroy

elgreenio

didn't realise there were that many Fulham fans around these parts (Milton Keynes myself). HD you did well to get out of Kempston while you could, looks a bit suspect nowadays.
touch my camera through the fence

west kowloon white

And I lived in Gosmore-bugger that's Herts.

ffctom_b

twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com