News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Olympic Swimming (warning, this post contains pictures of gorgeous women)

Started by SP, July 30, 2012, 09:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Can someone settle an argument.  I've been enjoying the swimming but know nothing about this particular sport.  My friend & I are unable to agree as to why none of the lady swimmers have much to show in the chest area.  I believe the modern swim suits must be tight to help with streamlining whereas my friend believes breast reduction operations must be the norm for aspiring swimmers.  Any ideas?  

:004:

The Doctor

Ha, funnily enough I've just had a similar conversation with my housemate.  I've no idea.  I do remember reading something about elite swimmers squeezing into suits that are several sizes too small for better hydrodynamics.  But that alone surely can't explain it?

The US are hoovering up the medals in the pool

Admin

I touched on this yesterday but big tits cause drag so they deliberately work on that area in the gym by tightening chest muscles etc.

mccscratch

Quote from: The Doctor on July 30, 2012, 09:20:59 PM
Ha, funnily enough I've just had a similar conversation with my housemate.  I've no idea.  I do remember reading something about elite swimmers squeezing into suits that are several sizes too small for better hydrodynamics.  But that alone surely can't explain it?

The US are hoovering up the medals in the pool

Several things...

1. the suits are indeed small...

2. The muscles required to swim at an elite level give you a very tri-angular body shape and most of the fat under the breasts gets burned up or stretched from side to side instead of a out in front on other skinny women...

3. Big breasts would create a lot of drag which you do not want in swimming... seems like incidental but not at the highest levels...

Have a very good friend who swam at the University of Georgia here at a high level and she got implants after her career was over..
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

The King

I am proud to be Finnish :)

mccscratch

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

King_Crud

being Australian isn't too shabby either

King_Crud

actually Jodie Henry was a good sort back in 2004, shame she was such a bogan when she spoke

SP

Thanks for the clarification mccscratch.  I'll forward the explanation to Sue Barker @ the BBC - the Nation needs to know.

:dft012:

jarv

The King

The Equalizer

Quote from: King_Crud on July 30, 2012, 10:34:25 PM
Quote from: jarv on July 30, 2012, 10:28:17 PM
I thought the big tits would help them float. :005:

the red hot favorite

Let's hope that she's not swimming in the lane next to the Japanese...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

She would need two lanes! perhaps if hit by a harpoon she would spin off to the ceiling making a strange farting noise 064.gif

MOR :

Avery8100

I have no idea.But i know on thing is that they will likely be spending a great amount of time in their swimsuit, as well as requiring strenuous motions of your body when wearing the swimsuit.