watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carroll to Spam

Started by epsomraver, July 31, 2012, 10:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

They got that right despite all the so called denials in the paper    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/

Mr Fulham

It was denied by both clubs yesterday evening.

epsomraver

Why would the BBC say that it is happening then? never known them to put up a wrong banner headline

west kowloon white

Hope Spam have now blown their budget-suited to Allerdyces sexy style of play.
Worried about possible spin off affecting FFC-Dempsey/Cole,panic buy.

Andy_M

It only says that a loan 'fee' has been agreed.

This doesn't mean Carroll actually wants to go there.
@got_maile

MJG

West Ham v Stoke will be a great game to watch next season.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: epsomraver on July 31, 2012, 11:02:32 AM
Why would the BBC say that it is happening then? never known them to put up a wrong banner headline

All outlets are reporting a deal has been agreed, but Carroll has announced he does not want to go there.

Burt

£2m loan fee agreed, apparently, but Carroll doesn't want to leave 'pool.

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on July 31, 2012, 11:27:51 AM
£2m loan fee agreed, apparently, but Carroll doesn't want to leave 'pool.

On a permanent basis other than to go back to the Barcodes

Mr Fulham

Horror scenario:

Carroll to West Ham --> Dempsey to Liverpool --> Carlton Cole to Fulham fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 11:53:03 AM
Horror scenario:

Carroll to West Ham --> Dempsey to Liverpool --> Carlton Cole to Fulham fp.gif fp.gif fp.gif

So terrible I can see it happening.

JBH

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 11:53:03 AM
Horror scenario:

This would be better: Carroll to NUFC-----Demba Ba to FFC------Dempsey to Liverpool   065.gif

Lighthouse

We want Adams and Downing in the deal for Demps according to rumours. All rubbish I hope.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2012, 12:06:53 PM
We want Adams and Downing in the deal for Demps according to rumours. All rubbish I hope.

Yeah I very much doubt it will be a swap deal. I still think players like Adam or Downing could flourish at Fulham. Downing was utter class at Villa.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 31, 2012, 12:09:22 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2012, 12:06:53 PM

Yeah I very much doubt it will be a swap deal. I still think players like Adam or Downing could flourish at Fulham. Downing was utter class at Villa.

Not that it will happen, but Downing would fit well here.

Adam, I really think is overrated. We are moving towards a more mobile midfield and team in general (the loss of Murph will accelerate this I think) and Adam doesn't do it for me. Also, Liverpool would happily get rid because he doesn't fit their new system...a system that is very similar to ours.

TonyGilroy

Adam and Downing are good players who earned their move to a big club but found that they weren't quite good enough.

They'd be ideal for Fulham assuming they're still motivated to succeed.

Dempsey could be in the same position in a year's time if he goes there.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 31, 2012, 12:17:01 PM
Adam and Downing are good players who earned their move to a big club but found that they weren't quite good enough.

They'd be ideal for Fulham assuming they're still motivated to succeed.

Dempsey could be in the same position in a year's time if he goes there.

I can see that with Downing who was consistently good in the Prem, but Adam? One good season (that massively tailed off) and then a huge jump up.

TonyGilroy

I've no idea if Adam would be of interest to Jol.

My assumption is that a sale of Dempsey would free up money for targets that we actually want. I see no point in a part exchange.

My original point though is that players who have overreached themselves with a move up that failed frequently find a good home at Craven Cottage.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 31, 2012, 12:24:39 PM

I've no idea if Adam would be of interest to Jol.

My assumption is that a sale of Dempsey would free up money for targets that we actually want. I see no point in a part exchange.

My original point though is that players who have overreached themselves with a move up that failed frequently find a good home at Craven Cottage.

I'd agree with all of that.