watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our best summer in a long time?...

Started by General, July 31, 2012, 01:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Catergory 1 status for the clubs academy, approval for new riverside stand, three solid new signings, unbeaten preseason to date and a lot of new younger players being brought into the academy.

Not to forget either that Dembele has said that he wants to stay at the club, Ruiz is keen to stay and prove himself, we have a lot of talented young players starting to make their way through in Frei, Kacaniklic, Trotta, Briggs and Mesca and we have a manager who appeals to big name players and also wants to play solid attacking football.

I know we've lost Murphy, I for one will miss him and I'm sure i'm not alone, I also know Dempsey's days at the club do seem to be dragging out and may be limited ( I don't really want to see him here next season if his head isn't with the club) BUT we're still in the market for players which is encouraging and I have been impressed with Jol's signings in the transfer windows he's been here for so take comfort from that and, if you look at our squad it littered with genuine top quality.

Petric, Ruiz, Dembele, Hangeland, Schwarzer, Riise and Diarra is a great and very accomplished spine to any team and with a few more signings along with the team morale inside the camp and the way the more established players seem to be getting on with the youth players it can only bode well.

This club has always been managed extremely well in my opinion and it's good to see the results of this in such a short period - not to mention Kacaniklic signing a new deal. Now to get Dembele signed up.

We really could do quite well this season.

west kowloon white

I hail your optimism-makes a nice change from the Olympic whingers-think we are v light midfield for a top half again-indeed see a struggle if relying on younger players-of promise.
Still have faith in Jol to sort this-and not go for Carlton Cole-doesn't seem his "type"-to be politically correct on this site.But from a non clique poster.....

BestOfBrede

Quote from: General on July 31, 2012, 01:48:15 PM

Catergory 1 status for the clubs academy, approval for new riverside stand, three solid new signings, unbeaten preseason to date and a lot of new younger players being brought into the academy.

Not to forget either that Dembele has said that he wants to stay at the club, Ruiz is keen to stay and prove himself, we have a lot of talented young players starting to make their way through in Frei, Kacaniklic, Trotta, Briggs and Mesca and we have a manager who appeals to big name players and also wants to play solid attacking football.

I know we've lost Murphy, I for one will miss him and I'm sure i'm not alone, I also know Dempsey's days at the club do seem to be dragging out and may be limited ( I don't really want to see him here next season if his head isn't with the club) BUT we're still in the market for players which is encouraging and I have been impressed with Jol's signings in the transfer windows he's been here for so take comfort from that and, if you look at our squad it littered with genuine top quality.

Petric, Ruiz, Dembele, Hangeland, Schwarzer, Riise and Diarra is a great and very accomplished spine to any team and with a few more signings along with the team morale inside the camp and the way the more established players seem to be getting on with the youth players it can only bode well.

This club has always been managed extremely well in my opinion and it's good to see the results of this in such a short period - not to mention Kacaniklic signing a new deal. Now to get Dembele signed up.

We really could do quite well this season.
Superb post - made me think and we really are 'lucky people' - thanks

bill taylors apprentice

Agreed.
Even in a season following promotion when you are full of excitement, there is some trepidation.

NogoodBoyo

In general, he makes some very good points indeed.  Carry on that man.  Very uplifting - a real Gossard.
Nogood "generally speaking, isit" Boyo

General

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 01, 2012, 12:59:14 AM
In general, he makes some very good points indeed.  Carry on that man.  Very uplifting - a real Gossard.

What do you mean by Gossard? I searched on google as I was unfamiliar with the word and it apparently is a type of Bra....

cebu

Quote from: General on August 01, 2012, 09:58:39 AM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 01, 2012, 12:59:14 AM

What do you mean by Gossard? I searched on google as I was unfamiliar with the word and it apparently is a type of Bra....

Such debate - indeed so uplifting!    :011: