watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Has the World gone mad?

Started by Senior Supporter, July 31, 2012, 01:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senior Supporter

I've had a couple of "Is it me?" moments this morning.

The first was a radio 5 reporter, commentating on the archery competition at Lords, telling us that he was getting wet because he had his umbrella taken away from him. Apparently it bore the logo of a golf company that wasn't one of the official sponsors! So be careful not to wear your Fulham cap if attending the Olympics (oops, not sure I'm allowed to use that word).

The other was the news of the floating of ManU shares on the New York stock exchange. Apparently the price fixed values the club at £2.1 billion! Surely that has to be crazy, and a seriously bad investment. The fans don't seem to be too happy. They thought the entire proceeds would be used to pay off some of the clubs massive debt, but it transpires that the Glazers will pocket half the cash.

west kowloon white

A fter Facebook-who can blame them for listing in USA -both Singapore and Hong Kong were unimpressed-so Glaziers will fill their boots back home..they hope...
US complaining about too much coverage of Team GB  on tv feeds...if you do business in Middle East/Africa -you are a money launderer or Terrorist.sort out themselves before criticising others....oh sorry supposed to be about Man U ..Chevrolet  the naffest shirt sponser in the prem??

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: Senior Supporter on July 31, 2012, 01:58:25 PM
I've had a couple of "Is it me?" moments this morning.

The first was a radio 5 reporter, commentating on the archery competition at Lords, telling us that he was getting wet because he had his umbrella taken away from him. Apparently it bore the logo of a golf company that wasn't one of the official sponsors! So be careful not to wear your Fulham cap if attending the Olympics (oops, not sure I'm allowed to use that word).

The other was the news of the floating of ManU shares on the New York stock exchange. Apparently the price fixed values the club at £2.1 billion! Surely that has to be crazy, and a seriously bad investment. The fans don't seem to be too happy. They thought the entire proceeds would be used to pay off some of the clubs massive debt, but it transpires that the Glazers will pocket half the cash.

What a crock of you know what from the archery correspondent. I was there, with an umbrella, and proudly wearing my Fulham cap. It didn't rain much, and when it did, nobody told anyone to put their umbrellas down. Someone needs to find out if this reporter actually went to Lords, or phoned the report in from home with his shower on in the background.  :bang head:
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

King_Crud

i wore an Isle of Man TT hat and yelled "go Mongolia" and no one said anything to me!

Ron Sheepskin

Quote from: King_Crud on July 31, 2012, 07:08:17 PM
i wore an Isle of Man TT hat and yelled "go Mongolia" and no one said anything to me!

There was a Mongolian geezer a couple of rows in front of me - handshakes and high fives all round when his archer won. My favourite moment was when the cry of U-S-A started up, a very proper chap to my right said very loudy, "Come on India" in a beautiful cut glass English accent. Even the Americans next to me appreciated it.
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

King_Crud

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on July 31, 2012, 07:59:02 PM
Quote from: King_Crud on July 31, 2012, 07:08:17 PM

There was a Mongolian geezer a couple of rows in front of me - handshakes and high fives all round when his archer won. My favourite moment was when the cry of U-S-A started up, a very proper chap to my right said very loudy, "Come on India" in a beautiful cut glass English accent. Even the Americans next to me appreciated it.

yeah I was sat in the South stand, we had four Mongolians just in front, they started waving a big flag after that chick won her event