News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So who will be our new target man and when will he be coming?

Started by Admin, July 31, 2012, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

After watching the game Saturday, we do need one. I like Petric' already and from what I've seen of him so far, I think he's class but he's certainly not a target man. If anything, he is an upgrade on Andy Johnson, great footwork and will certainly get a few more goals.

What we do lack along side Petric' is that Zamora or Pogrebnyak type player. Someone who can ruff up the oppositions defence, hold the ball up, knock it down and then lay it off.

We was OK against a poor Wycombe side but when Petric' went off and we pushed Bryan up, he clearly wasn't the man for that job. Neither was Trotter when he came on so I do have my suspicions if he'll ever make it.

In that position we do look rather lightweight and I think a good centre forward is required. Thing is, who will it be, when and if will happen and how much money will we throw at the cause.

Carroll is a no, no. He won't come down South and wants to play for a club in Europe plus he's on far too much money. Bent, again on far too much money, Villa have just come out and said he's not for sale.

Those aside, I can't really think of one, well not in our budget anyway. I keep hearing rumbles about Carlton Cole and they won't go away. All I can say is that I hope they are not true.  090.gif     

zzamora

Why do we need one if we're gonna play a 4-3-3. Where would he play?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The King

Pogrebnyak is tall but he isn't particularly good in the air and certainly not a good target man in my opinion. The touch of a rapist, some might say.

zzamora

AlFayedsChequebook

I reckon that we wont go for a target man per se, more of a player who has lots of pace up front.

Last season we really stopped 'hitting' the target man as much and therefore the departure of Zamora had little negative effect on us.

I expect another striker to arrive, but I dont think he will be a target man.

zzamora

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 31, 2012, 11:05:48 PM
I reckon that we wont go for a target man per se, more of a player who has lots of pace up front.

Last season we really stopped 'hitting' the target man as much and therefore the departure of Zamora had little negative effect on us.

*cough* Jordan Rhodes *cough*

Mr Fulham

I fear we may end up with Carlton Cole after all. fp.gif

MJG

Quote from: ddeuce on July 31, 2012, 11:09:09 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 31, 2012, 11:05:48 PM

*cough* Jordan Rhodes *cough*
maybe this is the week...oh no sorry that's another thread.

Patterson

NIKOLA ZIGIC ANYONE!?

*ducks and dodges rotten fruits and veg*
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

EJL

Get on the phone to Jan Koller! Get the man out of retirement!

west kowloon white

Have absolutely no evidence to substantiate gut feeling-but suspect Carlton Cole is not a Jol type and that there will be a signing the press haven't dreamt up from his Holland/European contacts.
Hopefully I am right and a gem is unearthed..fingers crossed..perhaps Henderson thrown in for good measure-but a Dem out?

TonyGilroy

I don't think we'll sign an old fashioned battering ram centre forward.

The game plan surely is to have four or five interchanging, pacy attacking players in a highly flexible system. The modern way where players aren't categorized as strikers, wingers or midfielders.

mangoputney

Jan Koller... Ledge shout

I'd love Rhodes, think he'll really fit in with FFC
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Jack Fulham