News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If all these transfer reports have any truth I have some concerns.

Started by jarv, August 01, 2012, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Dempsey, will he go from hero to villan. Not long ago, he gave a nice interview about how happy he was in London and was quite reserved about champions league football.
Now he seems to be pushing to get out.
Liverpool, Everton and Aston Villa 064.gif now interested. Champions league,? Must be a joke Liverpool valuation....nother joke.

Dembele...happy at Fulham but now every big team and their brother wants him. Hopefully at the right price.

Jordan Rhodes report on this forum today. Huddersfield dismiss Fulham out of hand. Funny how everyone seems to (still) think Fulham is a soft touch.  2 mill with add ons seems ok for a third division player. Very few ever make it, I think maybe the last one was Ted MacDougall. Bournemouth to Manchester Utd. Can anyone think of another success who made the jump. ??It is all beginning to annoy me now. We have a very good team and the vultures keep circling.

west kowloon white

Relax-what  will be will be-nowt we can do about-in Jol I trust to unearth a couple more gems...perhaps we have seen the best of Dempsey-Dembele-end product?Nice to keep them both however.

Rupert

If they have any truth, I think we will all have some concerns. But, that is a very big word at the begining of your title, if.

If all our stars go for less than we want and if we are unable to replace them at the right price, well, life gets tough.

However, from what I saw on the Motspur Park tour a couple of damp months ago, I am confident that plans are in place for most contingencies. As for Huddersfield pricing their man highly, can you blame them? Just as we want everyone to leave Clint and Moussa alone, so they want us to leave them with their man. If we want him badly enough, we will pay, just as United/Spuds/Real Madrid will pay for our stars or will go whistle.
Expect lots of things to happen as the window starts to close. If we lose D or D for silly money and Rhodes is plan B, then Huddersfield will sell him to us for an undisclosed fee, which we will hear is closer to our valuation, plus add-ons, whilst Huddersfield fans will hear they got what they wanted for him. So it goes, every season.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

HatterDon

Adding Aston Villa to the Liverpool and, earlier, AS Roma rumors is easy to figure out. The clubs are all owned by Americans.

The Everton thing I think came about because someone somewhere believes that Landon Donovan will go to Everton permanently some time soon. Moyes has been VERY good to American players, and I think that most Americans with Premier League ambitions would love to go there.

but, if he really wants to leave NOW to get CL football, which I still ain't buying, the only club that makes sense is Arsenal. Hey, don't they have an American owner as well? And a Texan at that?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BestOfBrede

Quote from: jarv on August 01, 2012, 03:39:48 PM
Dempsey, will he go from hero to villan. Not long ago, he gave a nice interview about how happy he was in London and was quite reserved about champions league football.
Now he seems to be pushing to get out.
Liverpool, Everton and Aston Villa 064.gif now interested. Champions league,? Must be a joke Liverpool valuation....nother joke.

Dembele...happy at Fulham but now every big team and their brother wants him. Hopefully at the right price.

Jordan Rhodes report on this forum today. Huddersfield dismiss Fulham out of hand. Funny how everyone seems to (still) think Fulham is a soft touch.  2 mill with add ons seems ok for a third division player. Very few ever make it, I think maybe the last one was Ted MacDougall. Bournemouth to Manchester Utd. Can anyone think of another success who made the jump. ??It is all beginning to annoy me now. We have a very good team and the vultures keep circling.
The Dempsey situation has really annoyed me and as far as I am concerned, it's time to say farewell or sign up! Now, Dembele... If true it has been reported that he is happy here, a lot to do with the manager etc, and is in no hurry to leave. He, apparently, feels he can develope here before going 'bigger'. If this is so, why no extension signing? Also, if These big teams have targets that they are being quoted @30-40million and therefore think Dembele is almost as good but far more affordable - doesn't that stink of "well it's only Fulham,  we can offer peanuts and they will sell"! Time to man up, we are no longer little ol Fulham, and if eg Modric is circa 40m then Dembele should be at least 20-25m not the reported 15m!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 01, 2012, 09:21:47 PM
Time to man up, we are no longer little ol Fulham, and if eg Modric is circa 40m then Dembele should be at least 20-25m not the reported 15m!

Look at the contract lengths...!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 01, 2012, 09:23:27 PM
Time to man up, we are no longer little ol Fulham, and if eg Modric is circa 40m then Dembele should be at least 20-25m not the reported 15m!

Sorry, but so what? If they think he is as good as the player they originally wanted then we hold all the aces- no?  If Dembele is as good as being able to play for manure, madrid spuds etc then he has to worth a very good fee. It seems to be that these teams are happy to splash silly money on players until it comes to FFC players and then offer as low as possibl! Maybe it just looks that way to me? The fact the contracts are short, by the way, is an error on the clubs behalf, possibly by past managers and the fact they weren't here long enough to try to extend these contracts? I would hope that a manager, with long term plans, would extend those players contracts that are part of his long term ideals!

NogoodBoyo

I thought 10 large was an awful lot of money for Smalling.  Worth every penny.  Only red Nose and the Fulham management thought so too.  They're pretty smart in my book.
Nogood "in summery,isit" Boyo

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 01, 2012, 09:32:01 PM

Sorry, but so what?

Modric -> 2016
Dembele -> 2013

Sums it up really. Apart from the fact that Modric is twice the player in comparison with Dembele, Spurs are in a very comfortable position while Fulham are under pressure bearing in mind that Dembele (and Dempsey!) are out of contract after this season.

NogoodBoyo

I hear what you're saying, Mr. F, but whoever buys Dembele at 15m will get himself one hell of a bargain.
Perhaps the other way of looking at it is that whoever misses the opportunity of buying him now will have lost trhe chance to get one hell of a player.  He's just coming into his prime with as much raw talent as anyone out there.  Murphy said it all; he has a unique ability to leave several players for dead and his tackling is to die for.  Once the coaching staff work on his passing and his decision-making near goal, he'll become one of the world's best.
So, 15 mil is cheap.  Finally, as you know, the best way to maximise value from an asset is to create a market.  If these stories are to be believed, there is more of a market for Dembele than there is for Clint.
Nogood "not dem Dems again, isit" Boyo

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 01, 2012, 09:41:00 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 01, 2012, 09:32:01 PM

Sorry, but so what?

Modric -> 2016
Dembele -> 2013

Sums it up really. Apart from the fact that Modric is twice the player in comparison with Dembele, Spurs are in a very comfortable position while Fulham are under pressure bearing in mind that Dembele (and Dempsey!) are out of contract after this season.
Well you haven't cleared up the point that we hold the aces - again you have quoted contract lengths! If Modric is twice the player that Dembele is why do these teams, according to reports, drop interest and start sniffing Dembele? I think it's bull - spuds and teams like them hold out for either what they want or enough to put off offers. Unfortunately, we are well known as little ol Fulham who are desperate to sell - in my time we have always been a selling club, just a real shame that we would never win awards for business!

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 01, 2012, 10:01:57 PM
If Modric is twice the player that Dembele is why do these teams, according to reports, drop interest and start sniffing Dembele?

Ehrrrrrmmmm.....they don't!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 01, 2012, 10:04:56 PM
If Modric is twice the player that Dembele is why do these teams, according to reports, drop interest and start sniffing Dembele?

But they do, according (probably unreliably) to news reports! We get quotes of 'may turn their attention to Fulham's Dembele at a far more reasonable price'.

Mr Fulham

That's because he's cheaper. Modric is the far better player, but due to class and a lenghty contract, he's very expensive, while Dembele is the cheaper fall-back option.

However, you shouldn't believe that Real Madrid or United nonsense. Agent talk.

Rupert

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 01, 2012, 10:12:07 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 01, 2012, 10:04:56 PM

But they do, according (probably unreliably) to news reports! We get quotes of 'may turn their attention to Fulham's Dembele at a far more reasonable price'.

Please excuse me, but why are you getting so uptight about what, as you say, are probably unreliable news reports? Simply because a sports hack says that his favoured big club "may turn their attention to Dembele at a more reasonable price", without offering even a smidgen of corroborative evidence that this is anything other than a wet dream he had last night, does not mean it is true, does it? I mean, it is not as if we haven't been here before.

Brede Hangeland went to Arsenal four years ago, so goodness knows who has been wearing his shirt since then. Mark Schwarzer went to them a couple of years ago, too. By the same token, we have already accepted an offer for £10 million from Liverpool for Dempsey. Yet, as of August 1st, 2012, 10-30pm, all three are still Fulham players.

No doubt Dembele does have his admirers out there, as does Dempsey. Maybe bigteam united are tracking Kerim Frei even now. If they put in a bid that Fulham find acceptable, we will sell. If they do not, we will not, regardless of who else may deem it to be "reasonable". If the player is determined to run down his contract (which he is perfectly entitled to do), we can sell now, or wait until the winter window, or get another season from the player and then see if we offer a better deal than anyone else next summer (assuming we want to).

Dempsey may well be weighing up a couple of offers, right now. One is probably from us. Ditto Dembele. Financial incentatives will play a part in their respective decisions, as will considering wife/partner/children's desire to live in leafy Surrey rather than murky Merseyside, as will potential European competition, etc, but I really doubt if the back page scribblings of the yellow press will have any influence at all.

Remember, the press don't feature in the Fulham way of dealing with transfers. Whoever is telling them that Fulham will accept peanuts for our stars, it is not us.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Terry Angus

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 01, 2012, 11:07:26 PM
It's called amortisation.

unless you're talking about danny murphy's transfer, it ain't

...but going back to other posts, i can't see why it's so hard for some to understand how contract length impacts value. if you saw a really nice car tomorrow priced at £76,000, and the owner told you that as an alternative to buying it now, at that price, you could instead give him your details and he'd let you have it for free in ten months, what would you do?

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 02, 2012, 01:40:02 AM

...but going back to other posts, i can't see why it's so hard for some to understand how contract length impacts value. if you saw a really nice car tomorrow priced at £76,000, and the owner told you that as an alternative to buying it now, at that price, you could instead give him your details and he'd let you have it for free in ten months, what would you do?

Murphy left on a free though?

Senior Supporter

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 02, 2012, 01:40:02 AM

Let's just explore that analogy a bit more closely. You really covet that car, and desperately need one now. If you don't buy it you know you must look for another one. OK perhaps you can make do with an old banger for a year, but now the owner tells you there is obviously going to be a long queue of buyers when it becomes free next year, and he cannot give you preferential treatment when that time comes. Now what do you do?

MasterHaynes

All sounds very reasoned and good PR for Dempsey , but does not address the startling difference in the current situation between the two or what makes this so different from the exact same scenarios and quotes which have been played out countless times with other  players and clubs

One is in Switzerland training with squad ready to play on Saturday. The other at Motspur park training with the kids because, according to Jol,  he is too tired and lacks fitness to travel on a 2 hr flight and train with the squad.. Surely if he needs fitness training he could do that with the rest in Switzerland at altitude with an opportunity of playing in a match.

I personally think Demps has made his decision and its leaving Fulham. 'you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time' I'm sorry to see him go and think he has made a very bad decision but, its his decision to make. He has lost so much already and may be the bigger loser in all this where playing and enjoying his football is concerned