watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Johnny Haynes Stand

Started by username, August 01, 2012, 10:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

username

Once they have put the roof on the JH stand what's the betting that there will be a big advert painted on top just like in the riverside stand.

zzamora

About 1000000000000000000/1

Not allowed for a start.

Steven Ageroad

Perhaps before the sponser puts his name on the roof, he should pay for the pre war Ladies loo's to be updated and brought into the 21'st century.
This is an observasion from a male STH in F block in the JH Stand!

username

Hmm They may have to get permission, they may already have it. It wasn't possible before because of the surface. It is right on the flight path from Heathrow a massive incentive for something tasteful,  076.gifI think most betting people would take those odds.  

username

I'm all for sorting the loo's out. The sponsor could put his name on the door

zzamora

Quote from: username on August 01, 2012, 11:24:03 PM
Hmm They may have to get permission, they may already have it. It wasn't possible before because of the surface. It is right on the flight path from Heathrow a massive incentive for something tasteful,  076.gifI think most betting people would take those odds. 

Like I have already said, its simply not allowed. Listed stand.

Terry Angus

Quote from: ddeuce on August 01, 2012, 11:30:22 PM
Hmm They may have to get permission, they may already have it. It wasn't possible before because of the surface. It is right on the flight path from Heathrow a massive incentive for something tasteful,  076.gifI think most betting people would take those odds. 

the roof obviously ain't protected or they wouldn't have been able to change it. would they?!!

EJL

YOu
Quote from: Terry Angus on August 02, 2012, 12:37:23 AM
Quote from: ddeuce on August 01, 2012, 11:30:22 PM

the roof obviously ain't protected or they wouldn't have been able to change it. would they?!!
They're restoring it. Not changing it.

Andy_M

As it was an asbestos sheet roof the replacement was inevitable!
@got_maile

Wimbledon_White

I am not advocating having more sponsors names on any roofs but if it came down to a decision between a sponsors name on a roof or all STHs paying an extra £100 for their ST I know what I would prefer.

alfie

Does it really matter that the sponsors name is on the roof, not going to be seen unless you flying above it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

zzamora

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on August 02, 2012, 12:37:20 PM
I am not advocating having more sponsors names on any roofs but if it came down to a decision between a sponsors name on a roof or all STHs paying an extra £100 for their ST I know what I would prefer.

Yeah. 100 quid.

It would ruin the roof.

Anyway, roof is listed, no sponsors allowed!

Fletchino

They could easily put a sponsor on the roof if they wanted you could tie a big banner to it just because is listed does not mean there would not be scope to put a sponsors name on it. If it saves me a ton I'm all for it

zzamora

Quote from: FLETCHINO on August 02, 2012, 02:52:28 PM
They could easily put a sponsor on the roof if they wanted you could tie a big banner to it just because is listed does not mean there would not be scope to put a sponsors name on it. If it saves me a ton I'm all for it

Its not allowed! Simple as- it would ruin the heritage as the stand.

How many times do I have to say it?

LBNo11

Quote from: ddeuce on August 02, 2012, 02:56:22 PM

...what you say may well be true but I always understood it that it was just the brick facade in Stevenage Road that had heritage protection.

When the club was talking about a new stadium whilst we were exiled to that dump in SW12 the proposed stadium had to include the brick facade whilst the roof and even the original wooden seats were not protected:-

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

DevonFFC

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 02, 2012, 03:09:24 PM
Quote from: ddeuce on August 02, 2012, 02:56:22 PM

...what you say may well be true but I always understood it that it was just the brick facade in Stevenage Road that had heritage protection.

When the club was talking about a new stadium whilst we were exiled to that dump in SW12 the proposed stadium had to include the brick facade whilst the roof and even the original wooden seats were not protected:-

I bloody love that plan... Looks mint even of we managed to get just the hammy, JH and Putney like that it would be mint

MJG

The stand and turnstiles are listed. The corrugated roof is mentioned and also the structure keeping it up.
With the roof completely replaced with a new material I dont think it changes the rules on the listed status.
I could not find anything saying we could not put a sponsor on the roof and as it would not be a structural change I suspect if the club applied and gave good reasons (need the money for the upkeep of the stand) I think they could put Pizza Hut on the roof.

Andy_M

As MJG says although the stand is listed, the listing is quite specific as to what aspects are protected etc.

With the roof being replaced with a new material all the club would have to do is apply for planning permission to install advertising (as a surveyor I can tell you there is such a thing). Not saying this would be granted but it would be possible to do so as the roof itself is not the reason the stand is listed it is predominately the brick facade. They would not even have to provide reasons for the advertising/signage. As others have already said no-one is going to see it unless they are in a helicopter or plane above so ultimately it is not going to have any effect on the stand or the people living opposite or the fans sitting in it!
@got_maile

Burt

London Pride on the roof for me!

We used to have Pipex on the roof of the Riverside, I seem to remember.

zzamora

The listing states that you cannont affect a stand to basically look nothing like it used to (the old plan was BEFORE the listing of the rest of the stand).

Trust me on this one- there will be NO sponsor on the roof!